UK and Europe · Public discussion

Opinion on this MTB aluminium frame?

Started by dannyfrankszzz · · Last activity · 3 posts · 738 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
4 September 2005
Last activity
5 September 2005
Original author
dannyfrankszzz
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
738
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been offered the followling frame at a very cheap price:

    ALLOY 7000 ALLOY MTB FRAME
    POLISHED MTB FRAME IN DURABLE 7000 SERIES HEAT TREATED ALUMINIUM

    Is this worth investing in? 7000 alloy is a quite a high grade of alloy, correct?

    I'm looking to build a bike that I don't have to be paranoid about when I leave it locked up and this might fit the bill.

  2. Sandy Morton said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    dannyfrankszzz

    Quoted message said:

    I've been offered the followling frame at a very cheap price:

    Quoted message said:

    ALLOY 7000 ALLOY MTB FRAME POLISHED MTB FRAME IN DURABLE 7000
    SERIES HEAT TREATED ALUMINIUM

    Quoted message said:

    Is this worth investing in? 7000 alloy is a quite a high grade of
    alloy, correct?

    I sold two of these to the same guy for £20-00 - markup was 130%.

    At a July commodity price for plain aluminium of approx £1/kg that must
    work out not much more than materials price for 7000 alloy when you
    bought them.

    --
    Tony

    "I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't"
    Anon

  3. In article <[email hidden]>, Tony Raven

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I sold two of these to the same guy for £20-00 - markup was 130%.

    Quoted message said:

    At a July commodity price for plain aluminium of approx £1/kg that
    must work out not much more than materials price for 7000 alloy
    when you bought them.

    Bought them in an auction where the stuff that I wanted went for daft
    - over retail - prices. I did fill the estate twice for £300ish.

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton
    on the Bicycle Island
    In the Global Village
    http://www.millport.net

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.