Opinions about 1998 Bianchi with Campagnolo Record.

Lars Larsson

Guest
I'm offered to buy a 1998 Bianchi road bike. I do not know the model
name but it has an aluminium frame and full Campagnolo Record. One
label says "Mega Pro advanced tube set", and another says
"aluminium, 7000, double butted, heat treated". Rims are clincher
Mavic Reflex front and Mavic CXP 30 rear, 32 butted spokes. Fork is
carbon with Bianchi label.

I am most concerned about the durability and strength of the frame.
I'm 80 kg (175 lb). (The fit is exacty as my old road bike)

Lars Larsson Sweden.

Lars Larsson wrote:
> I'm offered to buy a 1998 Bianchi road bike. I do not know the model
> name but it has an aluminium frame and full Campagnolo Record. One
> label says "Mega Pro advanced tube set", and another says
> "aluminium, 7000, double butted, heat treated". Rims are clincher
> Mavic Reflex front and Mavic CXP 30 rear, 32 butted spokes. Fork is
> carbon with Bianchi label.
>
> I am most concerned about the durability and strength of the frame.
> I'm 80 kg (175 lb). (The fit is exacty as my old road bike)
>
> Lars Larsson Sweden.

Isn't that the light Pantani-Replica?

Tuschinski wrote:
> Lars Larsson wrote:
>
>>I'm offered to buy a 1998 Bianchi road bike. I do not know the model
>>name but it has an aluminium frame and full Campagnolo Record. One
>>label says "Mega Pro advanced tube set", and another says
>>"aluminium, 7000, double butted, heat treated". Rims are clincher
>>Mavic Reflex front and Mavic CXP 30 rear, 32 butted spokes. Fork is
>>carbon with Bianchi label.
>>
>>I am most concerned about the durability and strength of the frame.
>>I'm 80 kg (175 lb). (The fit is exacty as my old road bike)
>>
>>Lars Larsson Sweden.

> Isn't that the light Pantani-Replica?

If I recall correctly is had a bad reputation.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Lars Larsson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm offered to buy a 1998 Bianchi road bike. I do not know the model
> name but it has an aluminium frame and full Campagnolo Record. One
> label says "Mega Pro advanced tube set", and another says
> "aluminium, 7000, double butted, heat treated". Rims are clincher
> Mavic Reflex front and Mavic CXP 30 rear, 32 butted spokes. Fork is
> carbon with Bianchi label.
>
> I am most concerned about the durability and strength of the frame.
> I'm 80 kg (175 lb). (The fit is exacty as my old road bike)

Absolutely no need to worry about the strength of the
frame. Are you worried about anything else? Tell us what
you decide.

--
Michael Press