Opinions about Fuji frames?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Juan Carlos, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Juan Carlos

    Juan Carlos Guest

    Does anyone have experience with or opinions about Fuji's 2003 Team road frames? I found a new one
    for a song and wonder if it's a good all around frame. Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Juan Carlos" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have experience with or opinions about Fuji's 2003 Team
    road
    > frames? I found a new one for a song and wonder if it's a good all
    around
    > frame. Thanks.

    Like all oversized aluminum frames they are a little stiff. On long rides they can wear you out but
    that really shouldn't bother you.

    They are very god racing frames. They build up very light, with a sub-19 lb bike fairly easy to
    build with cheap components. I've heard of them in the 16 lb range with light (expensive)
    components.

    They ride very nicely with a tight geometry that puts all of the power to the wheels and with a
    short wheelbase that gets you around in a tight pack without making you nervous.

    In fact, the only thing that I can say negative about them is that the paint jobs are usually
    pretty ugly.

  3. Steve Braun

    Steve Braun Guest

    I have a 2001 Easton Fuji Team. It does not beat me up on long rides, 60 or 80 miles remain
    comfortable on this frame. Many will find this comment heretical, but I find the oversized Al Fuji
    to be more comfortable than my 753 Waterford. The Fuji is very stiff in the drivetrain. It seems
    like any energy I put into the pedals translates into forward motion. My 61cm frame weighs 2 pounds,
    15 ounces on a digital postal scale. The frame and a Kinesis CF fork set me back all of $350. What's
    not to like??

    Steve Braun Tucson "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message nmmediately
    :p[email protected]
    > "Juan Carlos" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Does anyone have experience with or opinions about Fuji's 2003 Team
    > road
    > > frames? I found a new one for a song and wonder if it's a good all
    > around
    > > frame. Thanks.
    >
    > Like all oversized aluminum frames they are a little stiff. On long rides they can wear you out
    > but that really shouldn't bother you.
    >
    > They are very god racing frames. They build up very light, with a sub-19 lb bike fairly easy to
    > build with cheap components. I've heard of them in the 16 lb range with light (expensive)
    > components.
    >
    > They ride very nicely with a tight geometry that puts all of the power to the wheels and with a
    > short wheelbase that gets you around in a tight pack without making you nervous.
    >
    > In fact, the only thing that I can say negative about them is that the paint jobs are usually
    > pretty ugly.

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    I said wears you down, not beats you up. It's a little hard to tell because experienced riders tend
    to run lower pressure in their tires than new guys and Joe Racers.

    I've been looking for a 61 or 62 Fuji for a decent price to replace my Vitus for at least awhile.

    "Steve Braun" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a 2001 Easton Fuji Team. It does not beat me up on long
    rides, 60 or
    > 80 miles remain comfortable on this frame. Many will find this
    comment
    > heretical, but I find the oversized Al Fuji to be more comfortable
    than my
    > 753 Waterford. The Fuji is very stiff in the drivetrain. It seems like any energy I
    put
    > into the pedals translates into forward motion. My 61cm frame weighs
    2
    > pounds, 15 ounces on a digital postal scale. The frame and a Kinesis
    CF fork
    > set me back all of $350. What's not to like??
    >
    > Steve Braun Tucson "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message nmmediately
    > :p[email protected]
    > > "Juan Carlos" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Does anyone have experience with or opinions about Fuji's 2003
    Team
    > > road
    > > > frames? I found a new one for a song and wonder if it's a good
    all
    > > around
    > > > frame. Thanks.
    > >
    > > Like all oversized aluminum frames they are a little stiff. On
    long
    > > rides they can wear you out but that really shouldn't bother you.
    > >
    > > They are very god racing frames. They build up very light, with a sub-19 lb bike fairly easy to
    > > build with cheap components. I've
    heard
    > > of them in the 16 lb range with light (expensive) components.
    > >
    > > They ride very nicely with a tight geometry that puts all of the
    power
    > > to the wheels and with a short wheelbase that gets you around in a tight pack without making you
    > > nervous.
    > >
    > > In fact, the only thing that I can say negative about them is that
    the
    > > paint jobs are usually pretty ugly.

    > Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Didn't happen for me. Team issue? No warranty. Nice bike though.

    Hey John, it doesn't work when you give them 29 pieces with hacksaw marks and tire tracks all over
    the parts.