Opinions: Aerospokes vs Thracians

Mike

Guest
I would like some opinions on Aerospoke vs Velocity Thracian wheels 26"x20".

The main thing I am interested in is a faster crusing speed. Lightning acceleration is not
important. Which will give you a better top end? Which will last longer?

TIA, Mike

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I would like some opinions on Aerospoke vs Velocity Thracian wheels 26"x20".
>
> The main thing I am interested in is a faster crusing speed. Lightning acceleration is not
> important. Which will give you a better top end? Which will last longer?
>
> TIA, Mike

My guess is that Thracian wheels are faster or nearly as fast but accelerate better and will be less
weight when climbing. However the Aerospokes are considered very robust wheels and will probably
last longer specially if ridden under heavier loads.

Craig

(No experience with either just reporting second hand knowledge)

Mike, I use the 406/559 Aerospoke combo with S-Licks. When touring, I have loaded my V2 to a 350 lb.
rolling weight (me and four large panniers), and gone 44 MPH down some coarse highways. No fear, no
problems, no truing. Bombproof.

Tom Balmer Goatbiker/V2