Opinions on Bike

FIBROMAN45

Nov 27, 2005
Ok I was offered a Jamis Coda elite here is the stats on it,

FRAME

Reynolds 631 seamless air-hardened chromoly main tubes, reinforced head tube collars, double tapered heat-treated stays, forged dropouts with international disc brake tabs.

FORK Carbon fiber unicrown, aluminum steerer,
forged dropouts.

HEADSET Aheadset, alloy, 1 1/8”.

WHEELSET Ritchey-built Aero Tour disc wheelset, 700c, 32H, with Ritchey Aero Pro rims & disc hubs, 3x front & rear.

TIRES Hutchinson Flash,700 x 28C, blackwall.

DERAILLEURS Shimano Deore XT rear, Shimano R443-A
bottom pull front.

SHIFTERS Shimano SL-R660 for flat-bar, 27-speed.

CHAIN KMC CN-HG73.

FREEWHEEL SRAM PowerGlide PG-950, 9-speed, 11-32.

CRANKSET
TruVativ Elita, 52/42/30,
170mm (16-17.5”), 175mm (19.5-23”).

BOTTOM BRACKET TruVativ ISIS Drive SL, 68 x 118mm.

PEDALS Crank Brothers Eggbeater-C, clipless.

BRAKESET Avid BB-7 cable actuated disc brakes
with Avid FR5 levers.

HANDLEBAR Ritchey Comp flat bar, 6061 T-6, 5° bend x 580mm width.

STEM Ritchey Pro Adjustable, 100mm (16-17.5”),
120mm° (19.5-23”).

GRIPS WTB Street Smart with reflective end plugs.

SEATPOST Suspension, 45mm travel, 350mm x 27.2, alloy clamp with QR seatpin.

SADDLE Fizik Pave with microtex top & sides,
scuff guards, cromo rails.

SIZES 23”
COLORS Ano Silver
WEIGHT 25.25 lbs

I have looked for a price on them to get an idea if it was a Good deal or a great dea they want 150 dollars US l or is it a forget about it bike anyone know? Thanks in advance. Peace

FIBROMAN45 said:
I have looked for a price on them to get an idea if it was a Good deal or a great dea they want 150 dollars US l or is it a forget about it bike anyone know? Thanks in advance. Peace

Did you ride it? Does it fit? Will you want to spend a lot of time with it?

If you don't know what you want or need in a bike you'll probably buy something you won't be happy with even if the specs are good. Go to a bike store.

DiabloScott said:
Did you ride it? Does it fit? Will you want to spend a lot of time with it?

If you don't know what you want or need in a bike you'll probably buy something you won't be happy with even if the specs are good. Go to a bike store.

yes I rode it and it fit but what I want to know is the reputation as in does it break down alot? Has anyone heard good or bad about this brand. I like to know what I am getting into if i take it, that is all.. if it going to cost me alot to maintain it then I rather let it pass no matter how cheap it is.. I already have a few bikes.. I was going to make this a winter bike Peace

FIBROMAN45 said:
yes I rode it and it fit but what I want to know is the reputation as in does it break down alot? Has anyone heard good or bad about this brand. I like to know what I am getting into if i take it, that is all.. if it going to cost me alot to maintain it then I rather let it pass no matter how cheap it is.. I already have a few bikes.. I was going to make this a winter bike Peace

It's worth $150.

Ok thanks.. Checked your blog.. I will be reading it often thanks for the tip.. My concern was the bike comes from New Jersey ..right near a chemical plant that is a joke here in PA about New Jersey lol peace