Opinions on Cycle Genius

bentgrams

Nov 21, 2005
I am looking at a Cycle Genius (Falcon). My husband is retired and rides a recumbent daily. I want something to ride on weekends but is not as expensive as a Tour Easy. I would be interested in other's opinion on this bike.

[email protected]

Aug 13, 2005
bentgrams said:
I am looking at a Cycle Genius (Falcon). My husband is retired and rides a recumbent daily. I want something to ride on weekends but is not as expensive as a Tour Easy. I would be interested in other's opinion on this bike.
For the money and the spec on CG bikes, you can't go wrong because the Cycle Genius models are nothing but fine performing 'bents: I oughta know because for the past 14 months, I've been the proud owner of their 2004 model CG STX Sport dual 20-inch X-frame compact. I use this bike as my "do everything" ride, from daily commuting to all-day touring!:) I've seen the Falcon on their website, and it's a beauty!;) In my opinion, I very much believe you'll be very happy with the Falcon for, although the lower line STX has been discontinued because of a high bottom bracket aimed at the more performance oriented rider, the long-wheel-base Falcon with its lower BB and higher spec is a real winner for the money because the STX really rocks!!:D (The only changes I made to my STX was swapping out the flat handlebar for a "comfort bike" riser and I upgraded the rear derailleur to a SRAM X-7 unit, which didn't cost me much since I work as a wrench in a local bike shop! Good luck, and happy riding to you and yours!:) )