Opinions on Cycle Genius

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by bentgrams, Nov 23, 2005.

1. bentgrams

bentgrams New Member

I am looking at a Cycle Genius (Falcon). My husband is retired and rides a recumbent daily. I want something to ride on weekends but is not as expensive as a Tour Easy. I would be interested in other's opinion on this bike.

Tags:

2. re_biker@yahoo.

[email protected] New Member

For the money and the spec on CG bikes, you can't go wrong because the Cycle Genius models are nothing but fine performing 'bents: I oughta know because for the past 14 months, I've been the proud owner of their 2004 model CG STX Sport dual 20-inch X-frame compact. I use this bike as my "do everything" ride, from daily commuting to all-day touring!:) I've seen the Falcon on their website, and it's a beauty!;) In my opinion, I very much believe you'll be very happy with the Falcon for, although the lower line STX has been discontinued because of a high bottom bracket aimed at the more performance oriented rider, the long-wheel-base Falcon with its lower BB and higher spec is a real winner for the money because the STX really rocks!!:D (The only changes I made to my STX was swapping out the flat handlebar for a "comfort bike" riser and I upgraded the rear derailleur to a SRAM X-7 unit, which didn't cost me much since I work as a wrench in a local bike shop! Good luck, and happy riding to you and yours!:) )