opinions on Haluzak Horizon Vs R40 please?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Egww, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Egww

Egww Guest

I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in decent
    shape for several hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate comments on
    this bicycle.

JB Jones

Tags:

2. M..Leuck

M..Leuck Guest

"EGWW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    > decent shape for several hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    comments on
    > this bicycle.
    >
    > JB Jones

I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't care much for the Horizon seat but like the
    steering slightly more than the Vision. Only rode the horizon 10 miles or so tho

3. Tom Keitel

Tom Keitel Guest

I have ridden my Horizon for just over a year and nearly 2,500 miles. The seat is the only negative
    I have about the bike. I now use a pad in the seat to give it more comfort, but it is learned skill
    to bring your foot down at stops due to its design.

The bike rides like a dream. Test rode a Vision the day I test rode the Haluzak and both bikes would
    have been acceptable, but the Horizon was noticeably better quality and ride comfort. Steering took
    some getting used to but now I consider it another of its pluses, handling is very good. Would
    highly recommend this bike for anybody considering a USS SWB bent.

4. Stratrider

Stratrider Guest

I too like the steering. It is a linkage steering rather than a direct connect. I think it is the
    best USS out there. Very nice. I also don't care for the seat. Still would I buy one in descent
    shape for $700 or less. You bet!

Jim Reilly Reading, PA

5. Scott

Scott Guest

"m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "EGWW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    > > decent shape for several hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    > comments on
    > > this bicycle.
    > >
    > > JB Jones
    >
    > I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't care much for the Horizon seat but like
    > the steering slightly more than the Vision. Only rode the horizon 10 miles or so tho

I'll ditto the seat biz, though most folks seem to adjust. I love my Horizon and just use a pad to
    make the seat perfectly comfy. Vision is a great bike, tho. One big thing in the Horizon's favor is
    the "passive" suspension. It *really* works. If you get a suspension fork, you get one plush ride
    with less weight than a conventional, fully suspended bike.

Scott

Scott

6. M..Leuck

M..Leuck Guest

> I want to thank you all for your informed comments. the one I am looking
    at
    > does have front fork suspension. and shimano 105 components...I dont know
    how
    > old it is
    >
    > Horizon seat is clearly less adjustable and appears less inviting for a
    rear
    > rack than Vision but several of you have offered your solution to
    uncomfortable
    > seat...I will ride it today and will be pleased if steering is less
    "twitchy"
    > as many describe R40

I found the steering of the Horizon more twitchy than my Vision although like anything else if I had
    more time on it I might think different. This Horizon had a rack added and it seemed to work pretty
    well, the owner of the bike drilled through the back seat post to mount the braces.

7. M..Leuck

M..Leuck Guest

"Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "EGWW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    > > > decent shape for
    several
    > > > hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    > > comments on
    > > > this bicycle.
    > > >
    > > > JB Jones
    > >
    > > I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't care much for
    the
    > > Horizon seat but like the steering slightly more than the Vision. Only
    rode
    > > the horizon 10 miles or so tho
    >
    > I'll ditto the seat biz, though most folks seem to adjust. I love my Horizon and just use a pad to
    > make the seat perfectly comfy. Vision is a great bike, tho. One big thing in the Horizon's favor
    > is the "passive" suspension. It *really* works. If you get a suspension fork, you get one plush
    > ride with less weight than a conventional, fully suspended bike.
    >
    > Scott
    >
    > Scott

I just tried the Horizon again today, while I do like the steering I now HATE the seat. I think the
    problem is it's at an almost 90 degree angle whereas my Vision is much less, the velcro seat was
    fine however the metal frame extends too far at the base and I end up ploping into it instead of
    gently sitting down.

If the seat is angled forward it would have been better but I'd rather have it back as far as
    it goes which brings the front of the seat way too far up. Now if the Horizon had a Rans seat
    I'd like it

8. Paul Bruneau

Paul Bruneau Guest

EGWW wrote:
    > I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    > decent shape for several hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    > comments on this bicycle.
    >
    > JB Jones

USS is great, and indirect USS is the best (just say no...to tiller).

The seat is great, and the angle is adjustable.

The difficulty in putting a foot on the ground is overstated.

The passive suspension is sweet (I think a suspended fork is not necessary).

The straight chain path is beautiful.

The chain idler is neat.

The frame design is wonderfully elegant simplicity.

To ride it is to love it.

9. Tracy

Tracy Guest

--------------040600030103060406020800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The seat back angle on my horizon is adjustable. You can almost lay down in it.

m..leuck wrote:

>"Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    >>"m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>
    >>
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >
    >>>"EGWW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    >>>>decent shape for
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >several
    >
    >
    >>>>hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> comments on
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>this bicycle.
    >>>>
    >>>>JB Jones
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't care much for
    >>>
    >>>
    >the
    >
    >
    >>>Horizon seat but like the steering slightly more than the Vision. Only
    >>>
    >>>
    >rode
    >
    >
    >>>the horizon 10 miles or so tho
    >>>
    >>>
    >>I'll ditto the seat biz, though most folks seem to adjust. I love my Horizon and just use a pad to
    >>make the seat perfectly comfy. Vision is a great bike, tho. One big thing in the Horizon's favor
    >>is the "passive" suspension. It *really* works. If you get a suspension fork, you get one plush
    >>ride with less weight than a conventional, fully suspended bike.
    >>
    >>Scott
    >>
    >>Scott
    >>
    >>
    >
    >I just tried the Horizon again today, while I do like the steering I now HATE the seat. I think the
    >problem is it's at an almost 90 degree angle whereas my Vision is much less, the velcro seat was
    >fine however the metal frame extends too far at the base and I end up ploping into it instead of
    >gently sitting down.
    >
    >If the seat is angled forward it would have been better but I'd rather have it back as far as
    >it goes which brings the front of the seat way too far up. Now if the Horizon had a Rans seat
    >I'd like it
    >
    >
    >
    >

--------------040600030103060406020800 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <title></title>
    </head> <body> The seat back angle on my horizon is adjustable. You can almost lay down in
    it.<br> <br>
    n..leuck wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="[email protected]"> <pre
    wrap="">"Scott" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a
    class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:b4-
    [email protected]</a>... </pre> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre
    wrap="">"m..leuck" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message </pre>
    </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!---->news:<[email protected]&gt;... </pre>
    <blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">"EGWW" <a
    class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:200-
    [email protected]</a>... </pre> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">I
    have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in decent
    shape for </pre> </blockquote> </blockquote> </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!---->several </pre>
    <blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">hundred
    bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate </pre> </blockquote> <pre wrap="">
    comments on </pre> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">this bicycle.

JB Jones </pre> </blockquote> <pre wrap="">I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't
    care much for </pre> </blockquote> </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!---->the </pre> <blockquote
    type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">Horizon seat but like the steering slightly more
    than the Vision. Only </pre> </blockquote> </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!---->rode </pre> <blockquote
    type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">the horizon 10 miles or so tho </pre>
    </blockquote> <pre wrap="">I'll ditto the seat biz, though most folks seem to adjust. I love my
    Horizon and just use a pad to make the seat perfectly comfy. Vision is a great bike, tho. One big
    thing in the Horizon's favor is the "passive" suspension. It *really* works. If you get a suspension
    fork, you get one plush ride with less weight than a conventional, fully suspended bike.

Scott

Scott </pre> </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!----> I just tried the Horizon again today, while I do
    like the steering I now HATE the seat. I think the problem is it's at an almost 90 degree angle
    whereas my Vision is much less, the velcro seat was fine however the metal frame extends too far at
    the base and I end up ploping into it instead of gently sitting down.

If the seat is angled forward it would have been better but I'd rather have it back as far as
    it goes which brings the front of the seat way too far up. Now if the Horizon had a Rans seat
    I'd like it

</pre> </blockquote> <br> </body> </html>

--------------040600030103060406020800--

10. <Chas>

<Chas> Guest

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_025F_01C308F7.A6E55EA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

But the angle between the seat bottom and seat back is fixed. I think = that's the issue at hand.
    And, if you lay the 'Zak seat back, it becomes = even more difficult to reach the ground.

I think the trick to making a 'Zak seat work is messing with the strap = tensions until it works for
    you. Took 6 or 10 tries before mine was = "right" haven't felt the need to touch it since.

As always, YMMV

<Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

"Tracy" <[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]... The seat back angle
    on my horizon is adjustable. You can almost lay = down in it.

m..leuck wrote:

=20
    "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    =20
    =20
    =20
    I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    decent shape for
    =20
    several
    =20
    hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    =20
    comments on
    =20
    this bicycle.

JB Jones
    =20
    I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't care much for
    =20
    the
    =20
    Horizon seat but like the steering slightly more than the Vision. Only
    =20
    rode
    =20
    the horizon 10 miles or so tho
    =20
    I'll ditto the seat biz, though most folks seem to adjust. I love my Horizon and just use a pad to
    make the seat perfectly comfy. Vision is a great bike, tho. One big thing in the Horizon's favor is
    the "passive" suspension. It *really* works. If you get a suspension fork, you get one plush ride

Scott

Scott
    =20

I just tried the Horizon again today, while I do like the steering I now HATE the seat. I think the
    problem is it's at an almost 90 degree angle whereas my Vision is much less, the velcro seat was
    fine however the = metal frame extends too far at the base and I end up ploping into it instead = of
    gently sitting down.

If the seat is angled forward it would have been better but I'd rather = have it back as far as
    it goes which brings the front of the seat way too far = up. Now if the Horizon had a Rans seat
    I'd like it

=20

------=_NextPart_000_025F_01C308F7.A6E55EA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    5.50.4807.2300" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But the angle between the seat bottom = and seat back=20 is
    fixed. I think that's the issue at hand. And, if you lay the 'Zak = seat back,=20 it becomes
    even more difficult to reach the ground.</FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think the trick to making a 'Zak seat = work is=20 messing with
    the strap tensions until it works for you. Took 6 or 10 = tries=20 before mine was "right"
    haven't felt the need to touch it = since.</FONT></DIV>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As always, YMMV</FONT></DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><Chas><BR>Haluzak Hybrid Race -- = the inline=20
    wheelchair</FONT></DIV>
    <DXI> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
    = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DXII>"Tracy" <<A = href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>=20 wrote in
    message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]</A>...</=
    DIV>The=20
    seat back angle on my horizon is adjustable. You can almost lay = down in=20
    it.<BR><BR>m..leuck wrote:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"[email protected]" =
    type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">"Scott" <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-rfc2396E =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></A> = wrote in message <A
    class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:b41df4=
    [email protected]</A>... </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE
    wrap=3D"">"m..leuck" <A = class=3Dmoz-txt-link-rfc2396E =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></A> wrote = in message
    </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE =
    wrap=3D""><!---->news:<[email protected]&gt;... </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE
    type=3D"cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">"EGWW" <A =
    class=3Dmoz-txt-link-rfc2396E = href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></A>
    wrote in message <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:2003041520=
    [email protected]</A>... </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">I have
    owned a Vision = R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    decent shape for </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE =
    wrap=3D""><!---->several </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite">
    <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">hundred bucks....I have = not followed the group
    and would appreciate </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""> comments on </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE
    type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">this bicycle.

JB Jones </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D"">I ride an R-50 and have a = friend with a Horizon. I
    don't care much for </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->the </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE
    type=3D"cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Horizon seat but like the = steering
    slightly more than the Vision. Only </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->rode
    </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">the horizon 10 miles or =
    so tho </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D"">I'll ditto the seat biz, though = most folks seem to
    adjust. I love my Horizon and just use a pad to make the seat perfectly comfy. Vision is a great
    bike, tho. One big thing in the Horizon's favor is the "passive" suspension. It *really* works. If
    you get a suspension fork, you get one plush ride with less weight than a conventional, fully
    suspended bike.

Scott

Scott </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!----> I just tried the Horizon again today, while I do
    like the steering I now HATE the seat. I think the problem is it's at an almost 90 degree angle
    whereas my Vision is much less, the velcro seat was fine however the = metal frame extends too far
    at the base and I end up ploping into it instead = of gently sitting down.

If the seat is angled forward it would have been better but I'd rather = have it back as far as
    it goes which brings the front of the seat way too far = up. Now if the Horizon had a Rans seat
    I'd like it

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_025F_01C308F7.A6E55EA0--

11. Snowman

Snowman Guest

I agree - adjust the seat straps for a comfortable ride. I had to loosen the front to make it easier
    to touch the feet to the ground.

But the rack from Haluzak, the rest will not be level or work very well.

Snowman Haluzak Hybrid Horizon 2002 Los Angeles

12. Greg Dunn

Greg Dunn Guest

> The difficulty in putting a foot on the ground is overstated.

I disagree. When I did my major comparison shopping for bents three years ago, the Horizon was my
    favorite bike - except for the foot-on-the-ground problem. In the end I decided that was enough of a
    problem to kill the deal. After three years of riding bikes that *do* allow me to put my feet down
    and balance myself without effort at stoplights, on rest breaks, at baseball games, etc., I'm even
    more convinced of the importance.

--
    Greg Dunn

"Paul Bruneau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > EGWW wrote:
    > > I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    > > decent shape for
    several
    > > hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    comments on
    > > this bicycle.
    > >
    > > JB Jones
    >
    > USS is great, and indirect USS is the best (just say no...to tiller).
    >
    > The seat is great, and the angle is adjustable.
    >
    > The difficulty in putting a foot on the ground is overstated.
    >
    > The passive suspension is sweet (I think a suspended fork is not
    necessary).
    >
    > The straight chain path is beautiful.
    >
    > The chain idler is neat.
    >
    > The frame design is wonderfully elegant simplicity.
    >
    > To ride it is to love it.

13. Gary Krause

Gary Krause Guest

I just bought a brand new Horizon. I have ridden the Vision but, I like the USS of the Horizon much
    better. I owned a Vision with OSS so I am familiar with the Vision seat. I would say that for me,
    the Horizon seat is just as comfortable if not more so than the Vision. I am 5' 6.5" tall and weight
    around 150 lbs. I've found that the comfort is achieved by loosening the straps on the seat. I have
    short legs, so I loosened the seat strap on the edge of the seat a little more to allow my feet to
    reach the ground.

Gary

[email protected] (EGWW) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > comments on this bicycle.
    >
    > JB Jones

14. Bentbiker

Bentbiker Guest

I have a www.organicengines.com vapor coming, same USS set up as a Haluzak, but the seat height
    is considerably lower. Plus the OE seat, is my all time favorite comfy full mesh seat. No squeak
    like the 'Zak.

Gary Krause wrote:
    > I just bought a brand new Horizon. I have ridden the Vision but, I like the USS of the Horizon
    > much better. I owned a Vision with OSS so I am familiar with the Vision seat. I would say that for
    > me, the Horizon seat is just as comfortable if not more so than the Vision. I am 5' 6.5" tall and
    > weight around 150 lbs. I've found that the comfort is achieved by loosening the straps on the
    > seat. I have short legs, so I loosened the seat strap on the edge of the seat a little more to
    > allow my feet to reach the ground.
    >
    > Gary
    >
    >
    >
    > [email protected] (EGWW) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    >>decent shape for several hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    >>comments on this bicycle.
    >>
    >>JB Jones

15. Tracy

Tracy Guest

--------------050508070107020706010508 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

I've knocked mine back a hole or two. Yes, you must adjust the bottom seat straps for a good fit.

I also ride on a supplemental pad, otherwise I lose feeling in my toes.

The seat is the only part of the bike that needs an improvement.

wrote:

> But the angle between the seat bottom and seat back is fixed. I think that's the issue at hand.
    > And, if you lay the 'Zak seat back, it becomes even more difficult to reach the ground.
    >
    > I think the trick to making a 'Zak seat work is messing with the strap tensions until it works for
    > you. Took 6 or 10 tries before mine was "right" haven't felt the need to touch it since.
    >
    > As always, YMMV
    >
    > <Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair
    >
    >
    > "Tracy" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... The seat back angle on my horizon is adjustable. You can almost
    > lay down in it.
    >
    > m..leuck wrote:
    >
    >>"Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>
    >>>"m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>
    >>news:<[email protected]>...
    >>
    >>
    >>>>"EGWW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    >>>>>decent shape for
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>several
    >>
    >>
    >>>>>hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> comments on
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>this bicycle.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>JB Jones
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't care much for
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>the
    >>
    >>
    >>>>Horizon seat but like the steering slightly more than the Vision. Only
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>rode
    >>
    >>
    >>>>the horizon 10 miles or so tho
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>I'll ditto the seat biz, though most folks seem to adjust. I love my Horizon and just use a pad
    >>>to make the seat perfectly comfy. Vision is a great bike, tho. One big thing in the Horizon's
    >>>favor is the "passive" suspension. It *really* works. If you get a suspension fork, you get one
    >>>plush ride with less weight than a conventional, fully suspended bike.
    >>>
    >>>Scott
    >>>
    >>>Scott
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >>I just tried the Horizon again today, while I do like the steering I now HATE the seat. I think
    >>the problem is it's at an almost 90 degree angle whereas my Vision is much less, the velcro seat
    >>was fine however the metal frame extends too far at the base and I end up ploping into it instead
    >>of gently sitting down.
    >>
    >>If the seat is angled forward it would have been better but I'd rather have it back as far as
    >>it goes which brings the front of the seat way too far up. Now if the Horizon had a Rans seat
    >>I'd like it
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >

--------------050508070107020706010508 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta
    http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"> <title></title> </head> <body>
    I've knocked mine back a hole or two. Yes, you must adjust the bottom seat straps for a good
    fit.<br> <br> I also ride on a supplemental pad, otherwise I lose feeling in my toes.<br> <br> The
    seat is the only part of the bike that needs an improvement.<br> <br> <br> <Chas> wrote:<br> </Chas>
    <blockquote type="cite" cite="[email protected]"> <title></title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; ">

<meta content="MSHTML 5.50.4807.2300" name="GENERATOR">

<style></style>
    <div><font face="Arial" size="2">But the angle between the seat bottom and seat back is fixed. I
    think that's the issue at hand. And, if you lay the 'Zak seat back, it becomes even more
    difficult to reach the ground.</font></div>

<dv> </div>

<dvi><font face="Arial" size="2">I think the trick to making a 'Zak seat work is messing with
    the strap tensions until it works for you. Took 6 or 10 tries before mine was "right"
    haven't felt the need to touch it since.</font></div>

<dvii> </div>

<dviii><font face="Arial" size="2">As always, YMMV</font></div>

<dix> </div>

<dx><font face="Arial" size="2"><Chas><br> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline
    wheelchair</font></div>

<dxi> </div>

<blockquote style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(0,0,0); padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px;
    margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px;">

<dxii>"Tracy" <<a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>> wrote in message <a
    href="news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]</a>...</div> The seat back
    angle on my horizon is adjustable. You can almost lay down in it.<br> <br>
    m..leuck wrote:<br>

<blockquote cite="[email protected]" type="cite"> <pre wrap="">"Scott" <a
    class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a>
    wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]
    ng.google.com">news:[email protected]</a>... </pre>

<blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">"m..leuck" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message </pre>
    </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!---->news:<[email protected]&gt;... </pre>

<blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">"EGWW" <a
    class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in
    message <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]
    om">news:[email protected]</a>... </pre>

<blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have
    an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in decent shape for </pre> </blockquote>
    </blockquote> </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!---->several </pre>

<blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre
    wrap="">hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate </pre>
    </blockquote> <pre wrap=""> comments on </pre>

<blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">this bicycle.

JB Jones </pre> </blockquote> <pre wrap="">I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't
    care much for </pre> </blockquote> </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!---->the </pre>

<blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">Horizon seat but like the
    steering slightly more than the Vision. Only </pre> </blockquote> </blockquote> <pre
    wrap=""><!---->rode </pre>

<blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">the horizon 10 miles or so tho
    </pre> </blockquote> <pre wrap="">I'll ditto the seat biz, though most folks seem to adjust. I
    love my Horizon and just use a pad to make the seat perfectly comfy. Vision is a great bike,
    tho. One big thing in the Horizon's favor is the "passive" suspension. It *really* works. If
    you get a suspension fork, you get one plush ride with less weight than a conventional, fully
    suspended bike.

Scott

Scott </pre> </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!----> I just tried the Horizon again today, while I do
    whereas my Vision is much less, the velcro seat was fine however the metal frame extends too far at
    the base and I end up ploping into it instead of gently sitting down.

I'd like it

</pre> </blockquote> <br> </blockquote> </blockquote> <br> </body> </html>

--------------050508070107020706010508--

16. M..Leuck

M..Leuck Guest

I've set it all the way back but the problem seems to be it also angles up the front of the seat
    so instead of sitting down I "plop" down. If it had the Vision seat it would have been better in
    my opinion.

I don't have this problem at all on my Vision "Tracy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... The seat back angle on my horizon is adjustable. You can almost
    lay down in
    it.

j..leuck wrote:

"m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message

I have owned a Vision R40 for several years and have an opportunity pick up a used Horizon in
    decent shape for

several

hundred bucks....I have not followed the group and would appreciate

comments on

this bicycle.

JB Jones

I ride an R-50 and have a friend with a Horizon. I don't care much for

the

Horizon seat but like the steering slightly more than the Vision. Only

rode

the horizon 10 miles or so tho

Scott

Scott

fine however the metal frame extends too far at the base and I end up ploping into it instead of
    gently sitting down.

I'd like it

17. M..Leuck

M..Leuck Guest

"Gary Krause" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I just bought a brand new Horizon. I have ridden the Vision but, I like the USS of the Horizon
    > much better. I owned a Vision with OSS so I am familiar with the Vision seat. I would say that for
    > me, the Horizon seat is just as comfortable if not more so than the Vision. I am 5' 6.5" tall and
    > weight around 150 lbs. I've found that the comfort is achieved by loosening the straps on the
    > seat. I have short legs, so I loosened the seat strap on the edge of the seat a little more to
    > allow my feet to reach the ground.
    >
    > Gary

I'm 5'10" and I barely could put my feet on the ground with the Horizon, if the seat had just a flat
    pad on the bottom I would have had no problem. The rest of the bike was great although I felt the
    USS of the Horizon was slightly twitchy compared to the tiller on my USS Vision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.