Opinions on Hayes HMX-1 Mechanical Disc Brakes?

David L

Guest
Anyone here fun the, or have any opinions on them, there selling cheap on jensonusa.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all Hayes disc breaks mount directly to Manitou forks, such as my Black?

Would anyone have a website that explains mounting...

TIA,

Dave

David L wrote:
> Anyone here fun the, or have any opinions on them, there selling cheap on jensonusa.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but all Hayes disc breaks mount directly to Manitou forks, such as
> my Black?
>
> Would anyone have a website that explains mounting...

Been running a pair on my Jekyll for 1-1/2 years now. Working VERY well! My only complaint is that
they have a tendency to squeel if they get any contamination (oil) on the rotor (mud'll fix it :)).
Although the Hayes pads are good, I prefer EBC green -- they have less of a tendency to squeel.

They require that you have v-brake levers already. I'm using XTR combo levers (with the rapid-fire
shifter pods).

They mount by getting the correct adapter bridge for the caliper to mount to your fork. I don't know
which one takes no adapter.

David

> Anyone here fun the, or have any opinions on them, there selling cheap on jensonusa.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but all Hayes disc breaks mount directly to Manitou forks, such as
> my Black?
>
> Would anyone have a website that explains mounting...
>
> TIA,
>
> Dave

They are as good as the Avids, they will mount directly to Manitou post mounts, they require an
adapter for every other type of fork. Personally I would just take the one of the two that I could
get the best deal on.
--
_________________________

have been running a pair on my rocket 88 for about a year. got em' cheap and lovin them more
and more...

edwards

"David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anyone here fun the, or have any opinions on them, there selling cheap on jensonusa.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but all Hayes disc breaks mount directly to
Manitou
> forks, such as my Black?
>
> Would anyone have a website that explains mounting...
>
> TIA,
>
> Dave

"David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Anyone here fun the, or have any opinions on them, there selling cheap on jensonusa.
|
| Correct me if I'm wrong but all Hayes disc breaks mount directly to
Manitou
| forks, such as my Black?
|
| Would anyone have a website that explains mounting...
|
| TIA,
|
| Dave

Held them in my hands for the very first time today (they are on the 04 Giant Yukon - for the money
an Ultra-Fantastic machine!) and they are virtually identical to the Avid mechanicals and set up
exactly the same way. In fact, I like these a bit better, with the cable routing and such. I went by
the instruction sheet just to be sure the first time through, but they can be set up in your sleep.

NOW HERE THIS --- "GROUNDCONTROL" SAYS:

I wish I had disk brake mounts on my MTB to mount these. Yes, I now want disk brakes.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 6/18/2003