Opinions on Merckx Team SC

Hjalmar DuklæT

Guest
I'm thinking of getting a new bike. As I have had a Mercks SLX frame before which is the best frame
I've ever had I'm thinking of getting a Merckx Team SC this time. Is there anybody who is familiar
with this frame and can tell me what they think of it. Hjalmar

I don't have a Team SC, nor have I ever even seen one in person. I researched one extensively last
year and actually made several calls in an effort to finally obtain one.

I've never heard anything but wonderful things about the ride. I did hear that the quality of the
paint was poor and that it showed wear very quickly.

I heard some issues about the integrated headset. May be common to all integrated headsets.

Ultimately, I gave up trying to get one here in The States because, well, I just couldn't get one
here in The States. I figured, if it was that hard to get something out of Merckx when I'm willing
to pay $3,000 (or whatever it was), how hard was it going to be if I had a warranty or repair issue.
No shops I found could get 'em and even mail order was out-of-stock on all but really odd sizes.

Finally, a Cat. 1 friend of mine told me he knows several folks who have them and they're all
unhappy with them for a variety of reasons.

FWIW ... probably not much.

Bob C. "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm thinking of getting a new bike. As I have had a Mercks SLX frame
before
> which is the best frame I've ever had I'm thinking of getting a Merckx
Team
> SC this time. Is there anybody who is familiar with this frame and can
tell
> me what they think of it. Hjalmar

Hi Bob, Thanks for your comments. The paint problems was also on my SLX frame. A pity they have not
been able to solve this problem. The ride however was very good indeed. That is why I would like to
have another Merckx frame. But at $3.000 I don't want to have too much trouble with it. At least I
will have to get my LBS to get it for me in case of warranty issues. Merckx also has a monoque
carbon frame this year but it has sloping top tube and I don't know if I like that. Besides it costs
about $1.000 more than the Team SC. Hjalmar "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't have a Team SC, nor have I ever even seen one in person. I researched one extensively last
> year and actually made several calls in an effort to finally obtain one.
>
> I've never heard anything but wonderful things about the ride. I did hear that the quality of the
> paint was poor and that it showed wear very
quickly.

> I heard some issues about the integrated headset. May be common to all integrated headsets.
>
> Ultimately, I gave up trying to get one here in The States because, well,
> just couldn't get one here in The States. I figured, if it was that hard
> get something out of Merckx when I'm willing to pay $3,000 (or whatever it was), how hard was it
> going to be if I had a warranty or repair issue. No shops I found could get 'em and even mail
> order was out-of-stock on all
but