opinions on Salsa Campeon

kziegel

Aug 10, 2003
Interested in any experience/opinions on the Salsa Campeon frame recommended by my trusty LBS. Have found little info on it so far. Is a combo of carbon seat stay and Al/Scandium frame.

kziegel said:
Interested in any experience/opinions on the Salsa Campeon frame recommended by my trusty LBS. Have found little info on it so far. Is a combo of carbon seat stay and Al/Scandium frame.

I'm also curious as I like what I've read on this frame. I found one "review" on pezcycling -> http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=1686

I also have posted a few questions to Salsa. If interested I'd be happy to share their responses.

KenL said:
I'm also curious as I like what I've read on this frame. I found one "review" on pezcycling -> http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=1686

I also have posted a few questions to Salsa. If interested I'd be happy to share their responses.

I ended up buying this frame. Used it last summer and put 2000 miles on it. Have been quite satisfied, though my last bike was a 15 yr. old steel frame so I don't have a wealth of comparison. Mine is a 58 cm with Ultegra/105 mix, Velomax Circuit wheelset. I ride in a moderately hilly region, 25-50 mile rides. I'm not small (6'1", 185) and it has held up very well. Have ridden it more than expected (after ankle surgery limited my basetball playing) and would have gone with at least full Ultegra had I anticipated this level of useage. Overall, thumbs up.

kziegel said:
I ended up buying this frame. Used it last summer and put 2000 miles on it. Have been quite satisfied, though my last bike was a 15 yr. old steel frame so I don't have a wealth of comparison. Mine is a 58 cm with Ultegra/105 mix, Velomax Circuit wheelset. I ride in a moderately hilly region, 25-50 mile rides. I'm not small (6'1", 185) and it has held up very well. Have ridden it more than expected (after ankle surgery limited my basetball playing) and would have gone with at least full Ultegra had I anticipated this level of useage. Overall, thumbs up.

Thanks for the info. Your riding (mileage, terrain) sounds similar to mine. I was at my dealer yesterday and ordered the frame. I'm glad you like the bike and I hope your ankle is feeling better.