Opinions on the: Carrera TDF Road Bike 2011/2012 - Medium 54cm

benmo

Oct 5, 2012
Hi guys,

I am going to get a bike on the Cycle to work scheme. I am not sure about the bike to get but this one (Carrera TDF Road Bike 2011/2012 - Medium 54cm) has caught my eye. I don't know anything about cycling as I am just getting into it and was hoping that anybody could let me know their opinions/ ideas/ knowledge about this bike and/or the competitors. I will be using the bike on a daily basis, covering approximately 10 miles a day (4 miles will be commuting). My budget is £300-350.

Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Ben Mohamed

looks great for the price, throw in another 50 pounds to get replacement inner tubes (and tire levers), patches and a mini pump, and a back red light and front small light, its a long list but all necessary for commuting safely in day or night, and of course a helmet and a chain lock. for the leisurely rides you still need all those items except the chain lock of course and eventually the lights, people do without them but i keep seeing chaps walking back home with a flat tire that they cannot fix on the spot, like two days ago ! the size of the bike depends on your size, but a 54cm its in fact "medium", it will fit a wide variety of people, i would estimate between 168cm tall to 180cm tall, you get to raise or lower the seat post and to extend or decrease the stem lenght, raise or lower the stem+fork, pull forward or pull back the saddle, until you get the perfect fit,