Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Opinions on this drive train please?

Started by Andy Jennings · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,910 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
4 November 2016
Last activity
4 November 2016
Original author
Andy Jennings
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,910
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Living in Thailand there are very limited choices on gear, unfortunately, and being new back to cycling after 15 years I'm not sure what's good, bad or indifferent anymore.

    Can I get some opinions on the Shimano Deore XT M8000 drive train please?

    I'm quite sure it's not the best but I want to find out if it's a fair quality or not please.

    Many thanks.

    Heres a link.

    http://www.probike.co.th/product/XT/614/en

  2. That's still considered an upper range product line...only one line down from XTR. I have no hands-on experience with shimaNO's MTB range of products, but friends beat the [censored] out of the older mid-range components and have nothing but good to say about them.

    Fair quality? Knowing shimaNO it will be way above fair. They have been the leader in MTB components for decades. I'm an admitted Campagnolo freak, but shimaNO quality extends from the top of their product lines to their entry level components.

    Cliff's Notes: Buy with confidence and enjoy the ride.

  3. CAMPYBOB said:

    That's still considered an upper range product line...only one line down from XTR. I have no hands-on experience with shimaNO's MTB range of products, but friends beat the [censored] out of the older mid-range components and have nothing but good to say about them.

    Fair quality? Knowing shimaNO it will be way above fair. They have been the leader in MTB components for decades. I'm an admitted Campagnolo freak, but shimaNO quality extends from the top of their product lines to their entry level components.

    Cliff's Notes: Buy with confidence and enjoy the ride.


    That's really good news for me. Many thanks Campybob

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.