Opinions on this drive train please?

Andy Jennings

Nov 3, 2016
Living in Thailand there are very limited choices on gear, unfortunately, and being new back to cycling after 15 years I'm not sure what's good, bad or indifferent anymore.

Can I get some opinions on the Shimano Deore XT M8000 drive train please?

I'm quite sure it's not the best but I want to find out if it's a fair quality or not please.

Many thanks.

Heres a link.

http://www.probike.co.th/product/XT/614/en

That's still considered an upper range product line...only one line down from XTR. I have no hands-on experience with shimaNO's MTB range of products, but friends beat the **** out of the older mid-range components and have nothing but good to say about them.

Fair quality? Knowing shimaNO it will be way above fair. They have been the leader in MTB components for decades. I'm an admitted Campagnolo freak, but shimaNO quality extends from the top of their product lines to their entry level components.

Cliff's Notes: Buy with confidence and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Andy Jennings
That's still considered an upper range product line...only one line down from XTR. I have no hands-on experience with shimaNO's MTB range of products, but friends beat the **** out of the older mid-range components and have nothing but good to say about them.

Fair quality? Knowing shimaNO it will be way above fair. They have been the leader in MTB components for decades. I'm an admitted Campagnolo freak, but shimaNO quality extends from the top of their product lines to their entry level components.

Cliff's Notes: Buy with confidence and enjoy the ride.
That's really good news for me. Many thanks Campybob