Opinions on versatile bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Fred Barney, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. >> Isn't a touring bike just a heavy racing bike with high spoke count
    >> wheels and racks attached?

    >No.
    >
    >It will have a longer wheelbase, extra braze-ons, and will almost always
    >be chromolly steel as opposed to aluminum.

    Is titanium a good material for a touring bike?

  2. Per [email protected]:
    >Is titanium a good material for a touring bike?

    I don't tour. Probably never will...

    But one recurrant issue I hear from the hardcore is repairability. Can Jose'
    braze it back together for you 200 miles from nowhere?

    Steel, probably.
    Titanium, doubtful AFIK.
    --
    PeteCresswell