Opinions on Wilier frames?

mjolnir2k

Jun 6, 2003
Does anyone have an opinion on Wilier frames in general and specifically on the Izoard model.

I was considering a Pinarello Prince, but am 95% leaning toward a Wilier Izoard instead.

The small amount of info I have been able to find speaks very favorably of the Izoard and I have a chance to buy one at 1/2 of retail price.

Thoughts / opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Have not ridden one but the Wilier riders I have met on the road have all been very positive.

Originally posted by mjolnir2k
Does anyone have an opinion on Wilier frames in general and specifically on the Izoard model.

I was considering a Pinarello Prince, but am 95% leaning toward a Wilier Izoard instead.

The small amount of info I have been able to find speaks very favorably of the Izoard and I have a chance to buy one at 1/2 of retail price.

Thoughts / opinions?

Thanks in advance.

this may or may not mean something to you, but Maestro-UK stopped carrying Wiliers because of defects and breakage problems.... according to Mike, Wilier was not very good at responding to warranty issues or problems in general.

BTW, i think they're beautiful frames!

I ride a Wilier Lavaredo and love it, beautiful ride !! If i chose again i would go up a couple of models to something a little lighter.

Originally posted by mjolnir2k

Thoughts / opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know if this will make any difference with your decision, but Yan Ullrich has ridden one in the last couple TDF's (TT bike).