Opinions on Wilier frames?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by mjolnir2k, Sep 9, 2003.

1. mjolnir2k

mjolnir2k New Member

Does anyone have an opinion on Wilier frames in general and specifically on the Izoard model.

I was considering a Pinarello Prince, but am 95% leaning toward a Wilier Izoard instead.

The small amount of info I have been able to find speaks very favorably of the Izoard and I have a chance to buy one at 1/2 of retail price.

Thoughts / opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. patch70

patch70 New Member

Have not ridden one but the Wilier riders I have met on the road have all been very positive.

3. Brett Douglas

Brett Douglas New Member

I ride a Wilier Alpe d'Huez and love it. Beautiful finish,smooth ride, great to sprint on.

4. SquadraSF

SquadraSF New Member

this may or may not mean something to you, but Maestro-UK stopped carrying Wiliers because of defects and breakage problems.... according to Mike, Wilier was not very good at responding to warranty issues or problems in general.

BTW, i think they're beautiful frames!

5. Fradbut

Fradbut New Member

I ride a Wilier Lavaredo and love it, beautiful ride !! If i chose again i would go up a couple of models to something a little lighter.

6. Cipher

Cipher New Member

Don't know if this will make any difference with your decision, but Yan Ullrich has ridden one in the last couple TDF's (TT bike).