Opinions, please - ORYX road bikes...

Dark Alley Dan

Sep 8, 2004
Hiya, folks.

I have an opportunity to pick up a new ORYX frame (Racing 2200) from a local bike shop. It comes with a carbon front fork, and has not been built up into a bike before. We're talking virginal frame here.

What experience have any of you had with this particular brand? I've heard good and bad, and would value your input.

Cheers,

Dark Alley Dan

Their website is cool. You can build up a bike and it shows you the progressive weight etc...anyway I digress...

Oryx

I believe Oryx guarantees the frame for 5 years, so that's a start. All reports are pretty good. It really comes down to price. take it for a spin, and if you can, compare it to another bike in the same price range.

My daughter has a 2004 model Oryx 2100 with the bladed fork used on the 2200. I have ridden it a few times. Not much I can say about it other than it is reasonably light and comfortable. At the same time it was too small for me, so I can not properly asses the bike. I have talked to a few people I have met on rides and they like the bike. Best of all they are priced slightly below what they are worth, in comparison to other brands.