Opinions please: Xtra Cycle or BOB?

Brunswick_kate

Aug 16, 2003
Hi...I'm starting to think about using the bike more and more for hauling cargo andw hile I have hauled a few grocery trips home in the panniers, cargo trunk, basket combinations, I'm thinking there needs to be an equipment upgrade.

Two possibilities -- I'm still in the tire kicking stage -- BOB Trailer or the Xtra Cycle cargo attachment thingie.

Anyone out there with an opinion on the potentially more useful purchase for the 40+ yr old commuting, grocery hauling soccer mom type of cyclist?

Originally posted by Brunswick_kate
Hi...I'm starting to think about using the bike more and more for hauling cargo andw hile I have hauled a few grocery trips home in the panniers, cargo trunk, basket combinations, I'm thinking there needs to be an equipment upgrade.

Two possibilities -- I'm still in the tire kicking stage -- BOB Trailer or the Xtra Cycle cargo attachment thingie.

Anyone out there with an opinion on the potentially more useful purchase for the 40+ yr old commuting, grocery hauling soccer mom type of cyclist?

I use BOB and really like it. It is strong and well made.
It takes some getting used to the different ride, parking, and the extra length.
BOB bounces a bit so make sure to secure your load and watch out how you pack the eggs!

my buddy is trekking southeast asia with a bob trailer and loves it. it also seems easier to remove from the bike when your not using it, but i am also biased because they are made down the street from me.