Opinions requested

cmonan

Apr 26, 2010
I am looking at two bikes:

Cannondale Six 5 09'

and

Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Tiagra

I have test road both, they both feel pretty great. I have been riding an old road bike that's too big for me so anything is going to feel amazing, and a little more rigid and responsive.

My question is to those who own, have ridden, or just have experience, about the longevity, durability, and satisfaction of these 2 bikes. The price for both is going to be about the same so don't decide based on that. Thank you for your time, and happy riding!

I'm not sure about the Cannondale, however my LBS did have a ton of Bianchi's.

In comparison to components, with all the hype of the 105's I would get the higher grade components. But as you already seem to know, it mostly depends on what feels best. In general, higher grade components seem to function "smoother," are lighter, and are more precise as well as last longer.

In my opinion, I would buy the one that felt the best after extended use. However, since they both feel just as good (I know how you feel lol... I'm currently riding some old Schwinn traveler that is a bit big :p) I would buy the one with better components, or whichever one looks sexier haha.

Seeing as the material of the frame shouldn't make much difference in our price range, it really all comes down to the geometry of the frame as well as the feel. But personally would either buy the Bianchi but with a 105 groupset, or the Cannondale, just to make my ride >------< that much more enjoyable lol.
Hopefully that helps.

It does help!

That is kind of what I was thinking.
The dealer that had the Cannondale seemed to have a better customer relations team too. That really is a plus in my book. It felt like they wanted what was best for me, not just looking to make a sale.

I guess when they are that similar, the little things like that matter most! Hope you keep LivingStrong! and thanks again

A friend of mine rides a Bianchi, it's a great bike and feels superb. he loves it, says it's the best bike he's ever had and he's had some good bikes. I'd go for the Bianchi.