Opinions Trek 1000

Brett

Guest
I'm interested in the Trek 1000
(http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/road/1000.jsp) for paved paths. I have
a Trek 800 Sport mountain bike now. I see these road bikes flying past me
all the time while just barely peddling. I figure it is more to do with
gearing than being in better shape.

I want a road bike for the purposes of going faster and reducing weight. I
figure its an overall better ride on the smooth fairly hilly paved paths in
my area.
The Trek 1000 is below $600 and looks very nice. That's a good price range
for me. I may end up changing the seat but then again, I've never sat on
the seat it comes with. The 1200 is a nicer bike and beside nicer overall
components, it has something important - carbon forks. However, the 1200's
candy apple red is a deal breaker. I'd rather spend less for less bike and
get the 1000's Pearl White/Baja Blue.

Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels and Shimano Sora
shifter -
http://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycles-All-46205-Trek_1000_Triple__2000/display_~reviews.
I'm not even sure if I'd notice. Maybe on the shifter if its clunky. I have
this problem with my current mountain bike. I'm not sure it's clunky but
could probably be smoother. However, it isn't really a deal breaker for me.
But
what is there to notice on the wheels?

I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000 experience
be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd rather that but
haven't found anything

Also, what is the difference in a 10 vs 17 degree stem (Trek 1500/1200 use
17 and 1000 uses 10)?

The 1500,1200, 1000 compared:
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/compare/compare.jsp?bike1=1442000&bike2=1423000&bike3=1413000

Thanks,
Brett

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:53:45 -0400, "Brett" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
>average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000 experience
>be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd rather that but
>haven't found anything

You appear to have 'looked' at the Trek 1000, but have you ridden one?

I suggest you go to you LBS and ride one. Also ride the next one up, and
ride the 1000C and the 1200C.

I'm 225 and ride a bike with no shocks and I don't notice any discomfort.
You do -not- need shocks. If you're overly sensitive to road bumps,
consider getting a wider tire, like a 700x32 or 700x35.

Again, test ride several models including those a step or two above what
you might get so you'll be able to compare. Make sure you pick the right
sized frame (try a couple sizes despite what the bikes shop may suggest -
your body will tell you what's best). Don't be in a hurry; ride for at
least 10 min per bike and 30 min on the final contenders - bike shops
expect this, so don't be shy. ;-)

-B

"Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:53:45 -0400, "Brett" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
>>average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000
>>experience
>>be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd rather that but
>>haven't found anything

> You appear to have 'looked' at the Trek 1000, but have you ridden one?
>
> I suggest you go to you LBS and ride one. Also ride the next one up, and
> ride the 1000C and the 1200C.

Don't like the colors. Besides, I think the 1000/1200 will be funner. They
should be better performing bikes.

> I'm 225 and ride a bike with no shocks and I don't notice any discomfort.
> You do -not- need shocks. If you're overly sensitive to road bumps,
> consider getting a wider tire, like a 700x32 or 700x35.

I'm not concerned about shocks on a road bike. Actually, I've never heard
of that.

> Again, test ride several models including those a step or two above what
> you might get so you'll be able to compare. Make sure you pick the right
> sized frame (try a couple sizes despite what the bikes shop may suggest -
> your body will tell you what's best). Don't be in a hurry; ride for at
> least 10 min per bike and 30 min on the final contenders - bike shops
> expect this, so don't be shy. ;-)
>
> -B

I wasn't aware they'd let you take one out and ride it that long. Will
check.

Thanks,
Brett

Brett wrote:
> "Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:53:45 -0400, "Brett" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
>>>average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000
>>>experience
>>>be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd rather that but
>>>haven't found anything

>>You appear to have 'looked' at the Trek 1000, but have you ridden one?
>>
>>I suggest you go to you LBS and ride one. Also ride the next one up, and
>>ride the 1000C and the 1200C.

> Don't like the colors. Besides, I think the 1000/1200 will be funner. They
> should be better performing bikes.
>

>>I'm 225 and ride a bike with no shocks and I don't notice any discomfort.
>>You do -not- need shocks. If you're overly sensitive to road bumps,
>>consider getting a wider tire, like a 700x32 or 700x35.

> I'm not concerned about shocks on a road bike. Actually, I've never heard
> of that.
>

>>Again, test ride several models including those a step or two above what
>>you might get so you'll be able to compare. Make sure you pick the right
>>sized frame (try a couple sizes despite what the bikes shop may suggest -
>>your body will tell you what's best). Don't be in a hurry; ride for at
>>least 10 min per bike and 30 min on the final contenders - bike shops
>>expect this, so don't be shy. ;-)
>>
>>-B

> I wasn't aware they'd let you take one out and ride it that long. Will
> check.

check out: http://www.chainreaction.com/roadbiketestrides.htm

try to include a hill in your test ride.

i started looking at 1500/1200, then ended up with a 2100 and been happy
about it.

if you are first priority is speed, consider track riding ie, if you are
close to a velodrome.

+ravi

"Ravi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Brett wrote:
>> "Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>>You appear to have 'looked' at the Trek 1000, but have you ridden one?
>>>
>>>I suggest you go to you LBS and ride one. Also ride the next one up, and
>>>ride the 1000C and the 1200C.

>> Don't like the colors. Besides, I think the 1000/1200 will be funner.
>> They should be better performing bikes.
>>

>>>I'm 225 and ride a bike with no shocks and I don't notice any discomfort.
>>>You do -not- need shocks. If you're overly sensitive to road bumps,
>>>consider getting a wider tire, like a 700x32 or 700x35.

>> I'm not concerned about shocks on a road bike. Actually, I've never
>> heard of that.
>>

>>>Again, test ride several models including those a step or two above what
>>>you might get so you'll be able to compare. Make sure you pick the right
>>>sized frame (try a couple sizes despite what the bikes shop may suggest -
>>>your body will tell you what's best). Don't be in a hurry; ride for at
>>>least 10 min per bike and 30 min on the final contenders - bike shops
>>>expect this, so don't be shy. ;-)
>>>
>>>-B

>> I wasn't aware they'd let you take one out and ride it that long. Will
>> check.

> check out: http://www.chainreaction.com/roadbiketestrides.htm
>
> try to include a hill in your test ride.
>
> i started looking at 1500/1200, then ended up with a 2100 and been happy
> about it.

Then there is reality. $800 is about the max I will go.

Brett

> The Trek 1000 is below $600 and looks very nice. That's a good price
> range
> for me. I may end up changing the seat but then again, I've never sat on
> the seat it comes with. The 1200 is a nicer bike and beside nicer overall
> components, it has something important - carbon forks. However, the
> 1200's candy apple red is a deal breaker. I'd rather spend less for less
> bike and get the 1000's Pearl White/Baja Blue.

Brett: The '05 TREK 1000 *has* carbon forks, and is still under $600.
Different colors, but still nice. The biggest advantage to the 1200 is in
the shifters; many prefer the Tiagra/105/Ultegra/DuraAce style of shifter to
the Sora (Sora has a lever for the thumb for shifting to a smaller sprocket
or chainring, while the others have an inside & outside lever that both
operate in the same fashion... not sure I explained that very well though!).

> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels

We've had very few problems with the wheels, but his may vary from shop to
shop. We pre-stress the wheels before they go out the door, and I have a
feeling this has a lot to do with how long they last.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Brett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm interested in the Trek 1000
> (http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/road/1000.jsp) for paved paths. I
> have
> a Trek 800 Sport mountain bike now. I see these road bikes flying past me
> all the time while just barely peddling. I figure it is more to do with
> gearing than being in better shape.
>
> I want a road bike for the purposes of going faster and reducing weight.
> figure its an overall better ride on the smooth fairly hilly paved paths
> in my area.
> The Trek 1000 is below $600 and looks very nice. That's a good price
> range
> for me. I may end up changing the seat but then again, I've never sat on
> the seat it comes with. The 1200 is a nicer bike and beside nicer overall
> components, it has something important - carbon forks. However, the
> 1200's candy apple red is a deal breaker. I'd rather spend less for less
> bike and get the 1000's Pearl White/Baja Blue.
>
> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels and Shimano Sora
> shifter -
> http://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycles-All-46205-Trek_1000_Triple__2000/display_~reviews.
> I'm not even sure if I'd notice. Maybe on the shifter if its clunky. I
> have this problem with my current mountain bike. I'm not sure it's clunky
> but could probably be smoother. However, it isn't really a deal breaker
> for me. But
> what is there to notice on the wheels?
>
> I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
> average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000
> experience be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd
> rather that but haven't found anything
>
> Also, what is the difference in a 10 vs 17 degree stem (Trek 1500/1200 use
> 17 and 1000 uses 10)?
>
> The 1500,1200, 1000 compared:
> http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/compare/compare.jsp?bike1=1442000&bike2=1423000&bike3=1413000
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

I have a 2004 Trek 1000, got it in Jan 2004 i.e. 9 months of riding, ~1300
miles.....

I ride on the road and generally happy with my bike given its low price. But
I do wish I bought Trek 1500 and in fact I probably will in about 1 year or
so. My bike is mostly standard and the only problem I have had was the chain
dropping off going from big to small ring, cured by a "chain stopper"
plastic part thanks to this very newsgroup. I also upgraded the saddle (from
Trek 1500) and most importantly, replaced the stock brake pads (awful,
unsafe, cheap, nasty) with DuraAce pads (much better, but ideally go for
KoolStop Salmon if you can).

As Mike said, go for Trek 2005 range if you can. I hear new Trek 1500 will
have 10 speed Ultegra in 2005 and some more.

> [...]

>> less bike and get the 1000's Pearl White/Baja Blue.
>>
>> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels and Shimano Sora
>> shifter -
>> http://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycles-All-46205-Trek_1000_Triple__2000/display_~reviews.
>> I'm not even sure if I'd notice. Maybe on the shifter if its clunky. I
>> have this problem with my current mountain bike. I'm not sure it's
>> clunky but could probably be smoother. However, it isn't really a deal
>> breaker for me. But
>> what is there to notice on the wheels?
>>
>> I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
>> average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000
>> experience be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd
>> rather that but haven't found anything
>>
>> Also, what is the difference in a 10 vs 17 degree stem (Trek 1500/1200

Thanks.

Besides price, what is the difference in the 1500 and 1200? Besides
decribing those components, what exactly do I feel on the road thta is
different? I don't know what it means when you say a shifter does this and
looks this way vs this and that. But if you say, you'll feel this and here
is what else happens, I can understand better.

To bad the 1000 colors aren't adaptable to the 1500 and 1200. Does any
other manufacturer make a bike in the Pearl White/Baja Blue comparable in
componnts and price to the 1500 and 1200? The gold chain really seals the
deal.

Is it feasible to add more high end parts to the 1000 to make it more like a
1200? What would a price break down look like for these parts (Minus the
carbon forks since the color will not match the 1000).

Brett

"Yuri Budilov" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

>>> less bike and get the 1000's Pearl White/Baja Blue.
>>>
>>> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels and Shimano Sora
>>> shifter -
>>> http://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycles-All-46205-Trek_1000_Triple__2000/display_~reviews.
>>> I'm not even sure if I'd notice. Maybe on the shifter if its clunky. I
>>> have this problem with my current mountain bike. I'm not sure it's
>>> clunky but could probably be smoother. However, it isn't really a deal
>>> breaker for me. But
>>> what is there to notice on the wheels?
>>>
>>> I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
>>> average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000
>>> experience be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd
>>> rather that but haven't found anything
>>>
>>> Also, what is the difference in a 10 vs 17 degree stem (Trek 1500/1200

I don't quiet understand why but my Trek 800 Sport (under $200) mountain
bike seems to blow away the $600 1000 road bike. I haven't had the problems
experienced with a 1000 such as:

- bad breaking (mine stops very quickly)
- chain falling off
- spokes popping out

I have had some issues with shifting but nothing that has ever made me want
to sell the bike or fix the problem. The bike will always shift into the
gear I want.

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:55:52 GMT, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

>> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels

> We've had very few problems with the wheels, but his may vary from shop to
> shop. We pre-stress the wheels before they go out the door, and I have a
> feeling this has a lot to do with how long they last.

I have cheap Alex wheels on my utility bike (a Giant OCR3). I've found that
they go out of true easily if I treat them badly, but otherwise they're ok.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:34:14 -0400, Brett wrote:

> I don't quiet understand why but my Trek 800 Sport (under $200) mountain
> bike seems to blow away the $600 1000 road bike. I haven't had the problems
> experienced with a 1000 such as:
>
> - bad breaking (mine stops very quickly)
> - chain falling off
> - spokes popping out

Whether you suffer from those "problems experienced" depends largely
on your weight, how you ride and how well you maintain the bike. Since
road bikes are designed for performance rather than durability, the margin
of reliability is less, just as it is on a high-performance car.

Seriously, are you trolling with your "blow away" claim? You started this
thread by complaining that roadies blow /you/ away, after all.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

"Michael Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:34:14 -0400, Brett wrote:
>
>> I don't quiet understand why but my Trek 800 Sport (under $200) mountain
>> bike seems to blow away the $600 1000 road bike. I haven't had the
>> problems
>> experienced with a 1000 such as:
>>
>> - bad breaking (mine stops very quickly)
>> - chain falling off
>> - spokes popping out

> Whether you suffer from those "problems experienced" depends largely
> on your weight, how you ride and how well you maintain the bike. Since
> road bikes are designed for performance rather than durability, the margin
> of reliability is less, just as it is on a high-performance car.
>
> Seriously, are you trolling with your "blow away" claim? You started this
> thread by complaining that roadies blow /you/ away, after all.

I'm strictly referring to maintenance and durability. I thought that was
implied. I have no doubt a Trek 1000 will smoothly pass my Trek 800 anyday.

Brett

"Brett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm interested in the Trek 1000
> (http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/road/1000.jsp) for paved paths. I

have
> a Trek 800 Sport mountain bike now. I see these road bikes flying past me
> all the time while just barely peddling. I figure it is more to do with
> gearing than being in better shape.
>
> I want a road bike for the purposes of going faster and reducing weight.

> figure its an overall better ride on the smooth fairly hilly paved paths

in
> my area.
> The Trek 1000 is below $600 and looks very nice. That's a good price

range
> for me. I may end up changing the seat but then again, I've never sat on
> the seat it comes with. The 1200 is a nicer bike and beside nicer overall
> components, it has something important - carbon forks. However, the

1200's
> candy apple red is a deal breaker. I'd rather spend less for less bike

and
> get the 1000's Pearl White/Baja Blue.
>
> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels and Shimano Sora
> shifter -

http://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycles-All-46205-Trek_1000_Triple__2000/display_~reviews.
> I'm not even sure if I'd notice. Maybe on the shifter if its clunky. I

have
> this problem with my current mountain bike. I'm not sure it's clunky but
> could probably be smoother. However, it isn't really a deal breaker for

me.
> But
> what is there to notice on the wheels?
>
> I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
> average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000

experience
> be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd rather that but
> haven't found anything
>
> Also, what is the difference in a 10 vs 17 degree stem (Trek 1500/1200 use
> 17 and 1000 uses 10)?
>
> The 1500,1200, 1000 compared:

http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/compare/compare.jsp?bike1=1442000&bike2=1423000&bike3=1413000

> Thanks,
> Brett

When I was looking for a decent road bike at the start of the season here
(mid-May), I went to my LBS with my mind set on a Trek 1200. I thought the
1000 was too low end component-wise and the 1500 was more than I wanted to
spend (I was looking to go around $800).

But after testing out both the 1200 and 1500, I really liked the 1500
better, hard to say why exactly, but anyway, if your LBS is a registered
Trek dealer, they can do some pretty good pricing...the list on the 1500 was
$1099 and the shop had it marked down to $999. After riding the 1200 and
1500, I asked the salesguy if $999 was the best he could do. He said, "take
it for another spin, I'll call Trek and see"...whether that was BS or not I
don't know, but he was still on the phone when I got back and after he hung
up he said he'd let me have it for $849.

I was happy, he was happy, so I guess it was a win-win. After 30 minutes of
him fitting the bike to me I took it home and I've put about 800 miles on it
so far...I get a free tune-up next spring. All-in-all I'd heartily
recommend the 1500.

"Michael Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:55:52 GMT, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>
>>> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels

>> We've had very few problems with the wheels, but his may vary from shop
>> shop. We pre-stress the wheels before they go out the door, and I have a
>> feeling this has a lot to do with how long they last.

> I have cheap Alex wheels on my utility bike (a Giant OCR3). I've found
> that
> they go out of true easily if I treat them badly, but otherwise they're
> ok.

What do you mean by "treat them badly"?

Probably the hashest thing I do with my mountain bike is riding off of
curbs. Will this damage or distort the Alex wheels? What about the 1500 &
1200's wheels?

Thanks,
Brett

"Fred Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:T%[email protected]...
> [...]

> better, hard to say why exactly, but anyway, if your LBS is a registered
> Trek dealer, they can do some pretty good pricing...the list on the 1500
> was
> $1099 and the shop had it marked down to $999. After riding the 1200 and
> 1500, I asked the salesguy if $999 was the best he could do. He said,
> "take
> it for another spin, I'll call Trek and see"...whether that was BS or not
> don't know, but he was still on the phone when I got back and after he
> hung
> up he said he'd let me have it for $849.
>
> I was happy, he was happy, so I guess it was a win-win. After 30 minutes
> of
> him fitting the bike to me I took it home and I've put about 800 miles on
> it
> so far...I get a free tune-up next spring. All-in-all I'd heartily

That's a neat story. I'd rather a 1500 but don't like the colors. That's a
big problem. Only the 1000 has the colors I like. I may have to go with
another manufacturer althogether.

On another note, there is only about another month left of good riding here
before it gets cold. It will be warmer starting in April. If I purchase
in April of 2005, I wonder if that will help my plea for a discount on the
current '05 models.

Thanks,
Brett

Brett wrote:
> (...) The 1200 is a nicer bike and beside nicer overall
> components, it has something important - carbon forks.

Why is a carbon fork important ? How different is it from a steel fork,
except probably weight ? I currently ride both a steel bike and an alu
bike with carbon fork; they behave very differently for several reasons,
but I'm not sure fork material has any part in this.

> (...)
> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels and Shimano Sora
> shifter

I installed a Sora group on my steel bike last January, have put 4500 km
on it, and don't have to complain. It shifts perfectly. I've heard that
reliability was perhaps not the best, but haven't had any problem (yet)
personnally.

Is the new Sora group coming with 9 gears or still with only 8 like
early this year ? This might be a significant issue for a new bike: 8
gears will soon be obsolete, and this means less choice for replacement
cassettes, chains, shifters etc... Although I bought an 8-speed Sora as
a relatively cheap upgrade for a 7-speed bike, I wouldn't buy a new bike
with an 8-gear cassette.

Jacques

> As Mike said, go for Trek 2005 range if you can. I hear new Trek 1500 will
> have 10 speed Ultegra in 2005 and some more.

The new 1500 is already out, and doesn't have (nor will have later) Ultegra
10-speed on it. Ultegra 10 is due out sometime in November, and will be a
significant upcharge (about $200) over Ultegra 9.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

My local bike shop has the Trek 1000 for $500. I could probaby get for even
less. This seems like a good deal. I have to be practical. I don't want
to spend over $800. I only ride once/week maybe twice. Each trip is about
10 - 20 miles on smooth paved hilly paths. Nothing really strenuous on me
or the bike. Would this environment do well for the 1000?

Maybe in the future, Trek will offer better colors on the 1200 and 1500.

Thanks,
Brett

"Brett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm interested in the Trek 1000
> (http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/road/1000.jsp) for paved paths. I
> have
> a Trek 800 Sport mountain bike now. I see these road bikes flying past me
> all the time while just barely peddling. I figure it is more to do with
> gearing than being in better shape.
>
> I want a road bike for the purposes of going faster and reducing weight.
> figure its an overall better ride on the smooth fairly hilly paved paths
> in my area.
> The Trek 1000 is below $600 and looks very nice. That's a good price
> range
> for me. I may end up changing the seat but then again, I've never sat on
> the seat it comes with. The 1200 is a nicer bike and beside nicer overall
> components, it has something important - carbon forks. However, the
> 1200's candy apple red is a deal breaker. I'd rather spend less for less
> bike and get the 1000's Pearl White/Baja Blue.
>
> Some people have complained only about the Alex wheels and Shimano Sora
> shifter -
> http://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycles-All-46205-Trek_1000_Triple__2000/display_~reviews.
> I'm not even sure if I'd notice. Maybe on the shifter if its clunky. I
> have this problem with my current mountain bike. I'm not sure it's clunky
> but could probably be smoother. However, it isn't really a deal breaker
> for me. But
> what is there to notice on the wheels?
>
> I'd like to hear any opinions on the Trek 1000. Overall, coming from an
> average mountain bike (no shocks on fork), how will my Trek 1000
> experience be? If I could find a better bike in a similar color, I'd
> rather that but haven't found anything
>
> Also, what is the difference in a 10 vs 17 degree stem (Trek 1500/1200 use
> 17 and 1000 uses 10)?
>
> The 1500,1200, 1000 compared:
> http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/compare/compare.jsp?bike1=1442000&bike2=1423000&bike3=1413000
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:53:45 -0400, "Brett" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The 1200 is a nicer bike and beside nicer overall
>components, it has something important - carbon forks. However, the 1200's
>candy apple red is a deal breaker. I'd rather spend less for less bike and
>get the 1000's Pearl White/Baja Blue.

Look at the 2005 models, new colors.

http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/1200.jsp

COLORS Metallic Black/Brushed Aluminum

---
"BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
Eugene Oregon

"Brett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Maybe in the future, Trek will offer better colors on the 1200 and 1500.

I am assuming, by your name, that you are not a female. So, why the HELL do
you care what the color of the bike is, so long as it's not pink or some foo
foo color?

Dave