opinions? weyless mg-1 magnesium flat pedals

Monique Y. Herm

Guest
http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=17896&secid=7559&subid=1811

They don't seem too expensive, pretty light, and the (admittedly only three) reviews on the page are
positively glowing.

Fiance is telling me not to bother spending that much money on pedals ($45) and says I shouldn't
get into the weight comparison game because it never ends. I, however, am fascinated by the
"practically glued my shoes to the pedal" reviews, and they're only $15 more than the Zuzus
previously mentioned ...

Any thoughts on the brand, the store, or the model?

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=17896&secid=7559&subid=1811
>
> They don't seem too expensive, pretty light, and the (admittedly only three) reviews on the page
> are positively glowing.
>
> Fiance is telling me not to bother spending that much money on pedals ($45) and says I shouldn't
> get into the weight comparison game because it never ends. I, however, am fascinated by the
> "practically glued my shoes to the pedal" reviews, and they're only $15 more than the Zuzus
> previously mentioned ...
>
> Any thoughts on the brand, the store, or the model?

A friend has a set, loves them. They are noticeably lighter than most flats, and traction on them is
as good as any flat I've evr tried.

Miles

<snip>
> Any thoughts on the brand, the store,

Supergo rules.

-John Morgan

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=17896&secid=7559&subid=1811

> They don't seem too expensive, pretty light, and the (admittedly only three) reviews on the page
> are positively glowing.
>
> Fiance is telling me not to bother spending that much money on pedals ($45)

Rubbish.

> and says I shouldn't get into the weight comparison game because it never ends.

Not rubbish.

> I, however, am fascinated by the "practically glued my shoes to the pedal" reviews, and they're
> only $15 more than the Zuzus previously mentioned ...

Take all reviews with a pinch of salt.

> Any thoughts on the brand, the store, or the model?

Sorry they seem to be a US brand so I can't help you. If you want any further recommendations I use
Easton Flatboys which I find to be excellent.

Steve.

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=17896&secid=7559&subid=1811

> > They don't seem too expensive, pretty light, and the (admittedly only three) reviews on the page
> > are positively glowing.
> >
> > Fiance is telling me not to bother spending that much money on pedals ($45)
>
> Rubbish.
>
> > and says I shouldn't get into the weight comparison game because it never ends.
>
> Not rubbish.
>
> > I, however, am fascinated by the "practically glued my shoes to the pedal" reviews, and they're
> > only $15 more than the Zuzus previously mentioned ...
>
> Take all reviews with a pinch of salt.
>

> > Any thoughts on the brand, the store, or the model?
>
> Sorry they seem to be a US brand so I can't help you. If you want any further recommendations I
> use Easton Flatboys which I find to be
excellent.

> Steve.
>
> I just picked up a pair of these (weyless mg 1) today after following the
posts and I just want to tell you they kick ass, my riding enjoyment just increased 100%. No more
clipless fall down go boom. Thanks for the advice. Steve W.

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:48:50 GMT, Steve <[email protected]> penned:

>> I just picked up a pair of these (weyless mg 1) today after following the
> posts and I just want to tell you they kick ass, my riding enjoyment just increased 100%. No more
> clipless fall down go boom. Thanks for the advice. Steve W.

You *******! No one is allowed to try them till the stupid package at least shows up on my doorstep!

At the very least you owe me pictures. Get your S.O., kid, friend, or dog to take some, plzkthx!

--
monique "shoulda sprung for next day delivery"

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:48:50 GMT, Steve <[email protected]> penned:

> the
> > > posts and I just want to tell you they kick ass, my riding enjoyment
> just
> > > increased 100%. No more clipless fall down go boom. Thanks for the
> advice.
> > > Steve W.
> > >

> > You *******! No one is allowed to try them till the stupid package at least shows up on my
> > doorstep!
> >
> > At the very least you owe me pictures. Get your S.O., kid, friend, or dog to take some, plzkthx!
> >
> > --
> > monique "shoulda sprung for next day delivery"
> >
> Here's a pic until you get yours.
> > My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

Uh-oh, shoulda posted it directly to Monica, Steve..... and by the way, looks like you got my pump
there...phat or what....? Dave (trying to change subject mid-thread!!)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:41:18 +0100, Dave <[email protected]> penned:

> "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
<snip>

>> Here's a pic until you get yours.
<snip>

> Uh-oh, shoulda posted it directly to Monica, Steve..... and by the way, looks like you got my pump
> there...phat or what....? Dave (trying to change subject mid-thread!!)

I'm confused ... I see the "Here's a pic" quote but never saw a post with that line originally in
it. Maybe my server is being funky.

And it's monique =P Definitely not monica.

Well, I got shipment confirmation -- the pedals should get here Thursday. I've been fantasizing
about them more or less non-stop -- my first component purchase! I even had dreams last night about
learning to bunnyhop with them ...

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:40:56 -0400, Charlotte Henson <[email protected]> penned:

> He objected this morning to that title, BTW. He prefers "poor graduate student who still wants to
> ride nice bikes". Which means he ends up racing 50 miles of mostly singletrack with no suspension
> and no brakes, but that's his story to tell if I can ever lure him onto the board. Yes, I agree,
> doesn't _sound_ like a nice bike...

My fiance objects to various things I say about him, too, but he doesn't seem to care enough to
post corrections, so *shrug*. Not that any of you mind if I assassinate his character in a
public forum =)

No brakes? No ... brakes? How does that work? I hope his poor graduate student self can
afford a helmet!

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:37:38 GMT, Sorni <[email protected]> penned:
> > "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
> >> I'm confused ... I see the "Here's a pic" quote but never saw a post with that line originally
> >> in it. Maybe my server is being funky.
> >
> > I believe that some ISPs and/or readers filter out binaries posted to non-binary newsgroups.
>
> Ahah! Would someone be so kind as to email the pic or post a link? Just so that I don't feel left
> out and all.

I just forwarded his post to your above address (is it valid?), so pic should be attached.

Bill "bike **** pusher" S.

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:40:56 -0400, Charlotte Henson <[email protected]> penned:
>>
>> He objected this morning to that title, BTW. He prefers "poor graduate student who still wants to
>> ride nice bikes". Which means he ends up racing 50 miles of mostly singletrack with no suspension
>> and no brakes, but that's his story to tell if I can ever lure him onto the board. Yes, I agree,
>> doesn't _sound_ like a nice bike...
>>

> My fiance objects to various things I say about him, too, but he doesn't seem to care enough to
> post corrections, so *shrug*. Not that any of you mind if I assassinate his character in a
> public forum
> =)

take my advice ladies... say only nice things about your partner in public, save the *****ing for
private pms sessions with close friends. ( 24 years next anniversary...)

Penny

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:53:12 -0700, Penny S <[email protected]> wrote:

> Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:40:56 -0400, Charlotte Henson <[email protected]> penned:
>>>
>>> He objected this morning to that title, BTW. He prefers "poor graduate student who still wants
>>> to ride nice bikes". Which means he ends up racing 50 miles of mostly singletrack with no
>>> suspension and no brakes, but that's his story to tell if I can ever lure him onto the board.
>>> Yes, I agree, doesn't _sound_ like a nice bike...
>>>

>> My fiance objects to various things I say about him, too, but he doesn't seem to care enough to
>> post corrections, so *shrug*. Not that any of you mind if I assassinate his character in a
>> public forum
>> =)
>>

> take my advice ladies... say only nice things about your partner in public, save the *****ing for
> private pms sessions with close friends. ( 24 years next anniversary...)
>
> Penny

Congratulations on the 24 years!

--
Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:53:12 -0700, Penny S <[email protected]> penned:

> take my advice ladies... say only nice things about your partner in public, save the *****ing for
> private pms sessions with close friends. ( 24 years next anniversary...)
>
> Penny

Well, if anything I've said about him here thus far truly counts as not-nice, I'd be surprised. But
truly, that sounds like a good principle (pal? I never remember) in general -- short-term public
venting is rarely worth the long-term consequences.

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:53:43 GMT, Sorni <[email protected]> penned:
> >
> > I just forwarded his post to your above address (is it valid?), so pic should be attached.
> >
> > Bill "bike **** pusher" S.

> It's valid, and thank you =)

First one's free ;-)

Bill "get 'em hooked with a softcore pedal pic, then start offering the hard stuff" S.

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:41:18 +0100, Dave <[email protected]> penned:
> >
> > "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
> >>

> >> Here's a pic until you get yours.
> <snip>
> >
> > Uh-oh, shoulda posted it directly to Monica, Steve..... and by the way, looks like you got my
> > pump there...phat or what....? Dave (trying to change subject mid-thread!!)
> >

> I'm confused ... I see the "Here's a pic" quote but never saw a post with that line originally in
> it. Maybe my server is being funky.
>
> And it's monique =P Definitely not monica.

<snippysnipsnip> Sorry, sorry, a million times sorry..think I must've been extremely tired when
posting. Please accept my apologies and I guarantee it will never happen again (at least not from me
;-) Cheers, Dave.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:33:46 +0100, Dave <[email protected]> penned:

> "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> And it's monique =P Definitely not monica.
>>
><snippysnipsnip> Sorry, sorry, a million times sorry..think I must've been extremely tired when
>posting. Please accept my apologies and I guarantee it will never happen again (at least not from
>me ;-) Cheers, Dave.

Hey, I'm amazed you remembered some variant of my name at all =) Newsgroups can be confusing places.

Not a big deal. Unless you do it again, of course =P

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:33:46 +0100, Dave <[email protected]> penned:
> >
> > "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> And it's monique =P Definitely not monica.
> >>
> ><snippysnipsnip> Sorry, sorry, a million times sorry..think I must've been extremely
tired
> > when posting. Please accept my apologies and I guarantee it will never happen again (at least
> > not from me ;-) Cheers, Dave.
> >

> Hey, I'm amazed you remembered some variant of my name at all =) Newsgroups can be
> confusing places.
>
> Not a big deal. Unless you do it again, of course =P
>
> --
> monique
>
> My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

Great, thanks Monique ;-)....however, as I am once again extremely tired, I shall retire for the
night before I once again screw things up. night y'all Dave ¦ ¬)