Opionions on Vredestein Fortezza SE

Bengt-Olaf Schneider

Guest
Performance is running a sale on these tires.
Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures etc ?
Many thanks in advance for your comments.

Bengt-Olaf.

Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
> Performance is running a sale on these tires.
> Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures
> etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but swears *AT* the cheaper
ones! I would /assume/ (always iffy) that these are the lesser-quality
versions.

Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.

On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider" <[email protected]> said:

> Performance is running a sale on these tires.
> Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures etc ?
> Many thanks in advance for your comments.
>
> Bengt-Olaf.

The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite tires of all
time. Handling is very good, weight is low, and they corner well.
Average about 1 flat per tire (which means, per 2500 miles or so).

I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight, and flat/rim
protection.

Bill Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider"
> <[email protected]> said:
>
>> Performance is running a sale on these tires.
>> Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
>> failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.
>>
>> Bengt-Olaf.

> The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite tires of
> all time. Handling is very good, weight is low, and they corner
> well. Average about 1 flat per tire (which means, per 2500 miles
> or so).
>
> I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight, and
> flat/rim protection.

My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the last few down
to the cords (they are white) without a flat. That said I am now
likely cursed to have a flat every 50k.

"Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bill Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider"
> > <[email protected]> said:
> >
> >> Performance is running a sale on these tires.
> >> Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
> >> failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.
> >>
> >> Bengt-Olaf.

> > The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite tires of
> > all time. Handling is very good, weight is low, and they corner
> > well. Average about 1 flat per tire (which means, per 2500 miles
> > or so).
> >
> > I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight, and
> > flat/rim protection.
> >

> My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the last few down
> to the cords (they are white) without a flat. That said I am now
> likely cursed to have a flat every 50k.

Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones".
The ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking about the same
tire. No ?

Bengt-Olaf.

" S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
> > Performance is running a sale on these tires.
> > Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures
> > etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

> My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but swears *AT* the

cheaper
> ones! I would /assume/ (always iffy) that these are the lesser-quality
> versions.
>
> Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.

Thanks, Bill. Any idea how to figure out where the tire was manufactured ?

Thanks, Bengt-Olaf.

"Bengt-Olaf Schneider" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Bill Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>> > The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite tires
>> > of all time. Handling is very good, weight is low, and they
>> > corner well. Average about 1 flat per tire (which means, per
>> > 2500 miles or so).
>> >
>> > I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight, and
>> > flat/rim protection.
>> >

>> My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the last few
>> down to the cords (they are white) without a flat. That said I am
>> now likely cursed to have a flat every 50k.

> Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones".
> The ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking
> about the same tire. No ?
>
> Bengt-Olaf.

Mine are all black and they are the only ones I have seen so I really
couldn't say. Check their web site perhaps.

Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
> " S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
>>> Performance is running a sale on these tires.
>>> Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
>>> failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

>> My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but swears *AT* the
>> cheaper ones! I would /assume/ (always iffy) that these are the
>> lesser-quality versions.
>>
>> Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.
>>

> Thanks, Bill. Any idea how to figure out where the tire was
> manufactured ?

Read the small print on the packaging (or website if mail order); or contact
the manufacturer.

If they're on sale for $22.97 each or whatever, you can always give 'em a
try and not risk too much.

Tires are subjective anyway. I bought some Hutchinson Carbon Comps on sale
at Performance, and hated them (felt squirmy on climbs to me, sucking
energy); others seem to love 'em.

Bill "YMMV (literally)" S.

I bought the 23mm blue ones recently and put about 200 miles on them so far.
They replaced the original Bontragers on my Trek 2300 and I haven't noticed
much of a difference in the ride.

Are they great? Time will tell. But for the price they seem OK so far.

news:[email protected]...