Opionions on Vredestein Fortezza SE

Bengt-Olaf Schn

Guest
Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does anybody
have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures etc
? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

Bengt-Olaf.

Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
> Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does anybody
> have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures
> etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but swears
*AT* the cheaper ones! I would /assume/ (always iffy) that
these are the lesser-quality versions.

Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.

On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider" <[email protected]> said:

> Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does anybody
> have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures
> etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.
>
> Bengt-Olaf.

The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite
tires of all time. Handling is very good, weight is low, and
they corner well. Average about 1 flat per tire (which
means, per 2500 miles or so).

I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight,
and flat/rim protection.

Bill Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider"
> <[email protected]> said:
>
>> Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
>> anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
>> failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.
>>
>> Bengt-Olaf.
>
> The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite
> tires of all time. Handling is very good, weight is low,
> and they corner well. Average about 1 flat per tire (which
> means, per 2500 miles or so).
>
> I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight,
> and flat/rim protection.

My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the last
few down to the cords (they are white) without a flat. That
said I am now likely cursed to have a flat every 50k.

" S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
> > Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
> > anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
> > failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.
>
> My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but
> swears *AT* the
cheaper
> ones! I would /assume/ (always iffy) that these are the
> lesser-quality versions.
>
> Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.

Thanks, Bill. Any idea how to figure out where the tire was
manufactured ?

Thanks, Bengt-Olaf.

"Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bill Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider"
> > <[email protected]> said:
> >
> >> Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
> >> anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
> >> failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your
> >> comments.
> >>
> >> Bengt-Olaf.
> >
> > The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite
> > tires of all time. Handling is very good, weight is low,
> > and they corner well. Average about 1 flat per tire
> > (which means, per 2500 miles or so).
> >
> > I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort,
> > weight, and flat/rim protection.
> >

> My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the last
> few down to the cords (they are white) without a flat.
> That said I am now likely cursed to have a flat every 50k.

Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones". The
ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking
about the same tire. No ?

Bengt-Olaf.

"Bengt-Olaf Schneider" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
>> Bill Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>> > The black ones (list is about $40) are among my
>> > favorite tires of all time. Handling is very good,
>> > weight is low, and they corner well. Average about 1
>> > flat per tire (which means, per 2500 miles or so).
>> >
>> > I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort,
>> > weight, and flat/rim protection.
>> >

>> My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the
>> last few down to the cords (they are white) without a
>> flat. That said I am now likely cursed to have a flat
>> every 50k.
>
> Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones". The
> ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking
> about the same tire. No ?
>
> Bengt-Olaf.

Mine are all black and they are the only ones I have seen so
I really couldn't say. Check their web site perhaps.

Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
> " S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
>>> Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
>>> anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
>>> failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.
>>
>> My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but
>> swears *AT* the cheaper ones! I would /assume/ (always
>> iffy) that these are the lesser-quality versions.
>>
>> Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.
>>

> Thanks, Bill. Any idea how to figure out where the tire
> was manufactured ?

Read the small print on the packaging (or website if mail
order); or contact the manufacturer.

If they're on sale for $22.97 each or whatever, you can
always give 'em a try and not risk too much.

Tires are subjective anyway. I bought some Hutchinson Carbon
Comps on sale at Performance, and hated them (felt squirmy
on climbs to me, sucking energy); others seem to love 'em.

Bill "YMMV (literally)" S.

I bought the 23mm blue ones recently and put about 200
miles on them so far. They replaced the original Bontragers
on my Trek 2300 and I haven't noticed much of a difference
in the ride.

Are they great? Time will tell. But for the price they seem
OK so far.

"Bengt-Olaf Schneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > Bill Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote in
> > news:[email protected]:

> > > The black ones (list is about $40) are among my
> > > favorite tires of all time. Handling is very good,
> > > weight is low, and they corner well. Average about 1
> > > flat per tire (which means, per 2500 miles or so).
> > >
> > > I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort,
> > > weight, and flat/rim protection.
> > >

> > My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the
> > last few down to the cords (they are white) without a
> > flat. That said I am now likely cursed to have a flat
> > every 50k.
>
> Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones". The
> ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking
> about the
same