Oppurtunity to buy a Cannondale Supersix - for newbie - help or suggestions

tazlittleking

Apr 1, 2012
Went from shopping for a Trek 1.1 a month ago, to going to 2.1. Then I finally decided to really up it to the Madone 3.1 last years model (liked last years colors and price). My closeout deal fell through. Asked my guy that I am hiring to fit me if he had any suggestions for a bike that is carbon fiber and Shimano 105 gearing or greater.

He stated that "it is my lucky day! Who needs a lottery ticket!?"

"It's a 60 cm Cannondale Super Six carbon frame, Dura Ace parts, SRM power meter cranks....bars, saddle, seatpost are carbon. Perfect condition."

"It is an exceptional bike. Retails new at $7000+ as is, would cost you $2000+/- depending on tweaks here and there."

So I am very excited about this bike, even though its used. I don't want my excitement to get in the way of getting a good deal. Hoping someone can chime in that has a little more experience to confirm this seems like a decent deal. Realize this is more bike then I need for starting out and a little higher then my original budgeting. But I can make this happen.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated thanks! Here is a pic:

If if fits and everything works, what's not to like? Well, the geometry is a bit aggressive (short head tube). Are you a couple inches taller than 6' or so?

Then ask him, for me, if he has any more of those in 58 cm?

cannondale supersix all the way!!/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Ride it first, and make sure it fits and that you like the ride. I'd also be sure to scrutinize the condition of the bike. Why the fixation on having a carbon fiber bike?

It's a great deal - the powermeter and the wheels are worth that alone...

... however it's got a very agressive position and you still have to be able to reach the drops and not feel like your wedding tackle is being forced back inside your abdomen. Sure, there's ways of fixing that - an angled stem or a replacement fork with the steerer tube cut to the correct length.

If that's a 60cm frame - with a saddle that high do you have a 38" inside leg? Maybe basketball is in your future :p