Optima Baron frameset and parts

Tony

Guest
I have a nice and nearly complete Optima Baron frameset available for sale. I had planned on
building up the Baron this winter, but I have too many bikes and too little time.

The Baron frame and components were purchased from Yellowbike before they went out of business. The
frame is painted a nice, bright yellow, and it is in like new condition. The following components
are included:

Velocity Razor 559 rim, laced to Campy Record hub (lightly used) Velocity Razor 406 rim, radially
laced to Shimano Ultegra hub (lightly used) Campy 9-speed cassette Vredestein Monte Carlo (rear) and
S-Lick (front) tires, new PRO needle-bearing headset (installed) Optima fiberglass seat and seat
brackets Optima carbon fiber seat (used, has some cracking that needs repair) Ofmega crank, single
chainring, with chainring guards Boom with bottom bracket mounted RANS Flip-it and Bacchetta
handlebar for "superman" style steering Chain, chaintube, and mounted front idler Deore XT brake
levers and Rapidfire shifters SRAM 7.0 rear derailleur

The front hub shows some wear to the blue/grey finish from braking, but the other parts look
brand new. Some are still in boxes! You can see from the list that the bike is nearly complete.
You'll need cables and housing, brakes, and some mechanical ability, but you'll wind up with a
bargain Baron!

I'm asking $825 plus UPS shipping.

Thanks!

Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
: I have a nice and nearly complete Optima Baron frameset available for sale. I had planned on
: building up the Baron this winter, but I have too many bikes and too little time.

: I'm asking $825 plus UPS shipping.

Sounds nice, too bad the overseas shipping would probably be close to that.

Or wait for spring... :)

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ [email protected]

[email protected] (Tony) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a nice and nearly complete Optima Baron frameset available for sale. I had planned on
> building up the Baron this winter, but I have too many bikes and too little time.

Well, well, a used YELLOW BARON you say, for a bargain price?

SUPERMAN BARS you say?

Please post a URL with PHOTOGRAPHS.

That's PERFECT. email me with your name, address, and phone number. I am VERY interested in
THIS BIKE.

MONEY is no object, I'll pay double what your asking. I want to SEE photos of this bike ASAP!!!

-WCR

Hi Keith,

I replied by e-mail but your address keeps bouncing my note. Could you send me an e-mail reply with
a good address?

BTW, I *think* I know why you're interested, having read about your stolen Baron in September. I
bought the frameset and parts on 8/12/03.

Regards,

Tony

On 8 Dec 2003 09:31:35 -0800, [email protected] (Windy City Rider) wrote:

>[email protected] (Tony) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> I have a nice and nearly complete Optima Baron frameset available for sale. I had planned on
>> building up the Baron this winter, but I have too many bikes and too little time.
>
>Well, well, a used YELLOW BARON you say, for a bargain price?
>
>SUPERMAN BARS you say?
>
>Please post a URL with PHOTOGRAPHS.
>
>That's PERFECT. email me with your name, address, and phone number. I am VERY interested in
>THIS BIKE.
>
>MONEY is no object, I'll pay double what your asking. I want to SEE photos of this bike ASAP!!!
>
>-WCR

Anything Tony is selling is legit, i've dealt with him before and he's very honest person.

bentbiker wrote:

> Anything Tony is selling is legit, i've dealt with him before and he's very honest person.

I don't know about that. The Dragonflyer I bought from Tony was in BETTER condition than his eBay
auction posting implied. ;)

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> bentbiker wrote:
> >
> > Anything Tony is selling is legit, i've dealt with him before and he's very honest person.
>
> I don't know about that. The Dragonflyer I bought from Tony was in BETTER condition than his eBay
> auction posting implied. ;)
>
> Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

I've often wondered where Tony finds all those high quality bents he offers on eBay.

$kip

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:08:26 -0600, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>bentbiker wrote:
>>
>> Anything Tony is selling is legit, i've dealt with him before and he's very honest person.
>
>I don't know about that. The Dragonflyer I bought from Tony was in BETTER condition than his eBay
>auction posting implied. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys!

Though it wasn't planned that way at the start, the Dragonflyer certainly resides with it's rightful
owner. :) Now if I can only find me a quality lowracer with 20" rear and 16" front wheels, mesh
seat, above-seat steering, and rear suspension. Any ideas? :)

Regards,

Tony