Optima Home Page

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tom Sherman, May 1, 2003.

  1. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    I find it interesting that the picture on the Optima home page [1] is of Sam Whittingham at Battle
    Mountain, NV with his Varna Diablo [2].

    [1] < http://www.optima-cycles.nl/ >
    [2] Or is the Varna Mephisto from the 2000 WHPSC?

  2. Tom wrote:

    > I find it interesting that the picture on the Optima home page is of Sam Whittingham at Battle
    > Mountain, NV

    Probably coz Sam also has a Baron, which he used as his warm-up bike at BM. In previous years, he's
    used an Optima Lynx, which Andrea Blaseckie used in 2002.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  3. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    > I find it interesting that the picture on the Optima home page [1] is of Sam Whittingham at Battle
    > Mountain, NV with his Varna Diablo [2]. [...]

    I find it interesting that they are offering more bikes with USS.

    Meanwhile over at BROL we see a Challenge bike now available with USS. Also at BROL in the STP we
    see reference to a Toxy that is inteneded for the US. In its US version, it apparently loses its
    normal USS in favor of OSS. (Might also get a mesh seat, even as hard shell seats are gaining wider
    acceptance in the US - whoops).

    Possible conclusion: USS is dead in N. America, but has always been a significant part of the market
    in Euroland, and might be even having a bit of a renaissance.

    Yet another mysterious market difference to puzzle over.

    http://www.optima-cycles.nl/eng/1.htm

    http://www.bentrideronline.com/index.html

    johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

    http://toxy.wurzel6-webdesign.de/english/index.htm

  4. Snowman

    Snowman Guest

    > I find it interesting that the picture on the Optima home page [1] is of Sam Whittingham at Battle
    > Mountain, NV with his Varna Diablo [2].
    >
    > [1] < http://www.optima-cycles.nl/ >
    > [2] Or is the Varna Mephisto from the 2000 WHPSC?

    Is this a screw up by Optima ...

    or ...

    Is there a conspiracy that you had discovered? Could this be the work of the Liberals that Rush and
    Tom Savage warn us about???

    Stay tuned ...

    {Theme Music from Outer Limits}

    Snowman