Optimum BMI and stuff

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Average BMI for TDF riders was 21.4701 ( http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1998/feb98/feb6.html
> ). My xcalc says 21.469 for me. Does that mean my body mass is optimized for something very much
> like TDF? :)
>
> What is the optimal BMI for cyclists? Or body fat percentage? Why don't they measure muscle mass
> percentage?
>
> --
> Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ varis at no spam please iki fi

The best measure for a cyclist is who gets to the finish line first.

Danny Callen

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Average BMI for TDF riders was 21.4701 ( http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1998/feb98/feb6.html
> ). My xcalc says 21.469 for me. Does that mean my body mass is optimized for something very much
> like TDF? :)
>
> What is the optimal BMI for cyclists? Or body fat percentage? Why don't they measure muscle mass
> percentage?
>
> --
> Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ varis at no spam please iki fi

Lanois posted this earlier today:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1998/feb98/feb6.html

Average BMI for 1997 TdF starters was 21.4701.

If you're a North American Masters Crit rider, you might be able to get away with a BMI of 30 and
not be too out of place.