Optimum width for flat bench

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by David, Jan 29, 2005.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Just need some feedback as to what you think is the optimum width for a flat
    bench - I've seen anything from 11" to 16". Thanks

    Tags:

  2. David

    David Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just need some feedback as to what you think is the optimum width for a

    flat
    > bench - I've seen anything from 11" to 16". Thanks

    Just wanted to thank y'all for your help. Have all the replies I need now!

  3. On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:06:51 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Just need some feedback as to what you think is the optimum width for a flat
    >bench - I've seen anything from 11" to 16". Thanks

    I never flat bench press, but here's some info:

    WORLD POWERLIFTING COMMITTEE
    OFFICIAL RULES

    BENCH
    The bench shall ... conform to the following:
    Width 29-32cm. (11.42-12.60")

    IronMind's Five Star Flat Bench
    48" x 10" x 17"

  4. David

    David Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:06:51 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Just need some feedback as to what you think is the optimum width for a

    flat
    > >bench - I've seen anything from 11" to 16". Thanks

    > I never flat bench press, but here's some info:
    >
    > WORLD POWERLIFTING COMMITTEE
    > OFFICIAL RULES
    >
    > BENCH
    > The bench shall ... conform to the following:
    > Width 29-32cm. (11.42-12.60")

    > IronMind's Five Star Flat Bench
    > 48" x 10" x 17"

    Thanks very much. That's good info for what we need