optygen? any thoughts

amorevelo

Feb 17, 2004
i'm looking for something new to try this year. i've checked the reviews and it looks like "optygen" by "first endurance" got mad reviews. i'm wondering if anyone ere has tried it, and if so what kind of results did you get? this supplement is very expensive and i have no regrets spending the money if it works, but if it doesn't they can forget it.

Originally posted by amorevelo
i'm looking for something new to try this year. i've checked the reviews and it looks like "optygen" by "first endurance" got mad reviews. i'm wondering if anyone ere has tried it, and if so what kind of results did you get? this supplement is very expensive and i have no regrets spending the money if it works, but if it doesn't they can forget it.

I have tried it - just one bottle though. On balance I felt no benefit but perhaps should have persevered. In the end the cost and dificulty of getting it in SA turned me off.

Good luck

Peter

Originally posted by amorevelo

The science behind this supplement is questionable at very best. I'd put this one in the 'waste of money' category.

Just looking at the ingredients and commenting off the top of my head...

200mcg of Chromium chelate - Not really enough to achieve the desired affect...need more like 1000mcg/day on an ongoing basis.

800mg of combined ingredients (ATPro TM) - Not enough of any of these to make any difference. You'd need *vastly* greater quantities to achieve phosphate loading and ribose loading.

The other two are very small doses of two whole herbs, and I have no idea if such small amounts of these two plants can realistically do anything.

My conclusion?

Save your money.