...or how about 24 hrs of Great Glen (NH)

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by steveyo, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    So how about this race? Aug 12-13, 2006

    '24 Hours of Great Glen (Pinkham Notch, NH)'
    (http://www.24hoursofgreatglen.com/about.html)

    Let's get a team for this or the '24 hrs race at Allamuchy.'

    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  2. evil-nick

    evil-nick Guest

    I'm up for the Great Glen one! :D

    --
    evil-nick

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

  3. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

  4. Chrashing

    Chrashing Guest

    I've seen you two ride, You are both dynamo's. I would slow things down
    considerably, so I'll sit this one out.

    That 2 mile trail race in the mud and rain, in Albany last year, with
    Steveyo, that was extremely challenging for me. While Steve, you made
    it look easy, making it in probably half the time of my lap.

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,___________If the sun is shinning I want to be riding.
    Ken
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

  5. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    Chrashing wrote:
    > I've seen you two ride, You are both dynamo's. I would slow things down
    > considerably, so I'll sit this one out.
    >
    > That 2 mile trail race in the mud and rain, in Albany last year, with
    > Steveyo, that was extremely challenging for me. While Steve, you made
    > it look easy, making it in probably half the time of my lap.

    Come on, Ken! Start training now and you could be a Navy Seal by the
    time this race comes around.

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  6. Brian O.

    Brian O. Guest

  7. evil-nick

    evil-nick Guest

    I'm going to try and just clear my calendar now ;) Also will give me
    plenty of time to train ;)

    Has anyone done this one before on a uni?

    --
    evil-nick

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

  8. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

  9. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    evil-nick wrote:
    > I'm going to try and just clear my calendar now ;) Also will give me
    > plenty of time to train ;)
    >
    > Has anyone done this one before on a uni?

    Apparently a unicyclist did this race solo a few years ago according to
    the race director.

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  10. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

  11. Chrashing

    Chrashing Guest

    steveyo wrote:
    > Come on, Ken! Start training now and you could be a Navy Seal by the
    > time this race comes around.

    Thanks for the encouragement Steve, I'll keep trying to build up to
    it.

    I'm wondering about the terrain as well, carriage trails I can follow,
    up and down an occasional hill is OK, but being at the foot of Mt.
    Washington scares me.

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,___________If the sun is shinning I want to be riding.
    Ken
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

  12. evil-nick

    evil-nick Guest

    The foot of Mt. Washington isn't scary... it'd be being at the top that
    would be scary ;)

    I saw some photos form the race last year, doesn't look too bad... We
    have a 4th yet?

    --
    evil-nick

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

  13. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    evil-nick wrote:
    > The foot of Mt. Washington isn't scary... it'd be being at the top that
    > would be scary ;)
    >
    > I saw some photos form the race last year, doesn't look too bad... We
    > have a 4th yet?

    Not yet.

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  14. Brian O.

    Brian O. Guest

  15. evil-nick

    evil-nick Guest

    It's not quite halfway through August, most schools don't start until
    September or late August... And it's on a weekend ;)

    Know which school you're going to?

    --
    evil-nick

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

  16. You can't come to my 24hr race because you have a wedding.

    I can't come to yours because I am filming a wedding :(

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
    www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
    All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
    Sept 1 2006
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

  17. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    Brian MacKenzie wrote:
    > You can't come to my 24hr race because you have a wedding.
    >
    > I can't come to yours because I am filming a wedding :(

    Make them break up.

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  18. Brian O.

    Brian O. Guest

    evil-nick wrote:
    > It's not quite halfway through August, most schools don't start until
    > September or late August... And it's on a weekend ;)
    >
    > Know which school you're going to?

    Sounds good, ill look into it a bit more and let you guys know. I'm
    still waiting on financial aid information, but its between
    northeastern in boston, university of vermont, or the honors program at
    university of new hampshire.

    --
    Brian O.

  19. evil-nick

    evil-nick Guest

    Thread bump, and I've started looking at the website for the 24H OGG.
    If we register BEFORE 6am on June 10, then for a 4 person team it costs
    $440, after that it goes up to $580. I'm planning on going over there
    this Wednesday (May 31) to scout it a bit, see what kind of terrain to
    expect so that I can train better for it. Ok, and because I want to
    muni, sue me :p

    So who is confirmed as going? Do we have enough people for a 4 person
    team? Oh, and camping is included in the fees.

    http://www.24hoursofgreatglen.com/registration.html