orange or lime green

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by roundnround, Apr 1, 2014.

1. roundnround

roundnround New Member

I'm going to get a few tee shirts for visibility..Those professional ones that workers wear. What is the consensus on the most visible? I live in the burbs and only do daytime riding. Thanks.

Tags:

2. jpr95

jpr95 Active Member

3. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

The green is the more visible to me in most lighting conditions. Safety orange and yellow show up well under certain conditions, too.

All the county, state and commercial road and oil workers are doing the green thing...probably more for safety than fashion fad.

4. roundnround

roundnround New Member

Thanks. I do see a lot of municipal workers going more to green. Also,green seemed more visible to me too but I wanted to get others opinions.

5. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Orange apparently makes you "stressed" and green makes you "relaxed", or something...

Orange also doesnt blend with the bushes. [​IMG]

6. CAMPYBOB

One of the local cycling clubs is fixated on neon yellow. In groups it does stand out against the background. I have several Hi-Vis yellow jerseys and one Hi-Vis orange one. They were on sale...that's the only reason I ended up with those colors.

ANY safe color is a good thing in my book and when I find the green ones on sale I'll snag a couple of those.

7. roundnround

roundnround New Member

As I live in the burbs in Fla there is a lot of greenery but this color green is more a iridescent yellow/green It really does not blend in. Hey,if someone has one of each put them on a bush and let's see.

8. CAMPYBOB

[​IMG]

Image stolen from the web...overcast day according to the website. You have all the colors to compare. The green guy in the background stands out pretty well.

9. CAMPYBOB

No more "But...I didn't SEE the cyclist!!!" excuses if you wear this jersey!

[​IMG]

I went temporarily blind just copying the image. Jersey by See Me Wear.

10. roundnround

roundnround New Member

Very good guys. Thanks. I will have to say the girl on the left,the guy on the right and the guy in the back all wearing the yellow/green tones catch my eye over the orange(close second) and other colors.

11. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Interesting article on the various colors: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~sullivan/bike/colorbv.html