Orbea Aspin opinions...

biker7

Oct 15, 2004
Gang,
Would like the collective group's opinion on an 2003 Orbea Aspin bike with short seat tube. Bike is equipped with Campy Xenon group components and don't know where they rate in the scheme of Campy's line up or relative to say Shimano. Thanks for any and all opinions that know a bit about this entry level European road bike.
George/biker7

Well...violated my own cardinal rule...should have read the archives first :rolleyes:
Found out the Campy Xenon group is sub Shimano 105 so should probably look elsewhere. Thanks for any further advice...looking for a nice road bike..perhaps used in the $1K price range...I ride a 60cm frame.
George/biker7

biker7 said:
Well...violated my own cardinal rule...should have read the archives first :rolleyes:
Found out the Campy Xenon group is sub Shimano 105 so should probably look elsewhere. Thanks for any further advice...looking for a nice road bike..perhaps used in the $1K price range...I ride a 60cm frame.
George/biker7

Xenon is bottom of the Campy range, but it's 9-speed, and is probably in between Sora and Tiagra in terms of quality.