Orbea Larrau

uphillma

New Member
Jul 21, 2003
Hi Gang,
I have just put a deposit on a Orbea Larrau 52cm Compact frame with Triple chain ring. What does the group think of them?
Cheers,
Mark

"uphillma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Gang, I have just put a deposit on a Orbea Larrau 52cm Compact frame with Triple chain ring.
> What does the group think of them? Cheers, Mark

Err, very Orange! (But not all of them!)

As good as the next bike, you won't be disappointed. Lifetime guarantee if recollect...pretty
amazing for an ally bike.

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"

On 21 Jul 2003 22:31:39 +0950, uphillma <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Gang, I have just put a deposit on a Orbea Larrau 52cm Compact frame with Triple chain ring.
>What does the group think of them? Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark

See my sig. (The sig shown a double, mine's a tripple.)

Even though it's a bit of a cheapo I do like mine. I even dreamt about it last night. I could have
sworn I'd given the bike a thorough clean. Sadly this was not the case! The sole problem I had with
my Larrau was with the saddle; the original was far too soft. As well as buying a new perch I also
bought a set of SPDs to replace the strappy things that came with the bike.

The saddle to handle bars length is also quite long, IMO. Now, this may be be because I'd not ridden
anything else but rigid MTBs for a long time - the change to a road bike may have been the
"problem". However, I've gotten used to the more extended or stretched out riding position now and
do enjoy it.

I've had a couple or more of cycle-departure-ground-impact experiences from my Larrau, one of which
involved a nasty bang to the front wheel. I'm certainly no expert on those round things but they do
seem to be quite sturdy and well put together.

Regards James

PS T'other Mark: They're yellow ;-)

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg