Orbea or cervelo

phildorman

Aug 18, 2007
Can anyone tell me if the Cervelo P3 frameset is worth the extra £500 over an Orbea ordu.
Any comment would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Phil

phildorman said:
Can anyone tell me if the Cervelo P3 frameset is worth the extra £500 over an Orbea ordu.
Cheers
Phil
Cervelo every time!

phildorman said:
Cheers
Phil

I currently own a Cervelo P3 w/ DuraAce, a Zip 606 wheelset, Fiz'ik Aerion Tri2 saddle, and Vision Aero Bars. I have never ridden an Orbea, but have a friend who does and he loves it.

I really don't believe that the brand of frame at this level makes a lot of difference except when it comes to fit. If the brand that calls to you has a geometry that works for your fit measurements, then go for it.

It just so happened that I wanted a Look, but the geometry would not work for me. Cervelo was virtually the perfect fit, so my LBS built it up for me. Took about 2-3 weeks and the bike rocks.

You can't go wrong with any of the top frames today, just ensure that the geometry works for you.

P3 is wayyyy more aero than the old Ordu. Not so with the new one coming out. If you can wait, I'd go the 08 ordu, otherwise, P3 will be faster.

If you are talking road bikes, Orbea everytime. Finish & aesthetic are miles above and the ride is extremely balanced. If you want funky handling properties in larger sizes, cervelos are for you (I think it is this way round. One half of their size range handles like ****, weight balance is too far back, so lots of little wheelies uphill. And they insist on the same length of chainstay for every size)

bobbyOCR said:
If you want funky handling properties in larger sizes, cervelos are for you (I think it is this way round. One half of their size range handles like ****, weight balance is too far back, so lots of little wheelies uphill. And they insist on the same length of chainstay for every size)
I built an XL (61cm I think is how it specs out) Team Soloist late last season, I only managed to ride it half a season before pulling it to pieces and rebuilding around a new frame. I'll get around to selling it in the next little while. It was one of the most truly awful handling bikes I've ever ridden, though it was fantastic in a straight line.

--brett

It must be all sizes then, cause the front centre for the smaller sizes is also way too short and causes toe overlap and **** handling too.

As to the OP, the Ordu has a more shallow seat tube angle of 76 degrees, I think. The cervelos that are built for time trialing / tri feature the 78 degree option. A soloist is a road bike (73 STA) and simply being able to put the seat farther forward does not correct the weight distribution problems and handling issues ssociated with being farther forward.

Its up to you and your riding style. If you rotate the triangle forward a lot, Cervelo P2/P3. If you like to keep your butt down and back behind the BB, perhaps Ordu.