orbea replica vs avanti carbonio 1.0 vs trek tct 5000

stewmac

Nov 6, 2007
hi,

i am buying a new road bike and have narrowed my choice down to 3 options, this new bike will be an upgrade for me so i am looking for advice on what people consider more important.

i have on offer all of the 3 bikes in the thread at around 2k (note all 2007 models). the avanti and the trek are full carbon frames with 105 majority componentry and shimano WH-R500 / bontragger select rims respectively. the replica is composite frame but with full ultegra componentry and mavic aksium rims.

i have never owned a full carbon bike and this bike will be doing a lot of km's leading to july and france next year and will then be coming over there with me.

does anyone have advice on whether i should go for a full carbon over the better setup? will i notice the difference? or am i better off sticking with composite and ultegra?

oh and even with full carbon the trek and avanti are apparently not much lighter?

Ultegra is nice.

Mavic Aksiums are said to be a bit heavy but very sturdy - no heavier than r500s I imagine.

I think the Orbea Replica is a very nice bike - but that's just my opinion, there is probably a very fine line in quality between the three you are looking at.

janiejones said:
Ultegra is nice.

Mavic Aksiums are said to be a bit heavy but very sturdy - no heavier than r500s I imagine.

I think the Orbea Replica is a very nice bike - but that's just my opinion, there is probably a very fine line in quality between the three you are looking at.
Yes the orbea replica is a nice bike, I bought the '07 if you like alloy with a bit of carbon, ultegra :p :cool:
check arround for prices as they vary alot rrp about $2700-3000 bought mine for $2200