Orbea riders?

I do ride one. My own is the Orbea Liege with Columbus Lobular aluminum series 6000 with the Ultegra components. Also it has the American Classic wheelset and a 9 spd Dura Ace cog, ITM carbon stem and handle bar, Zeus carbon seat post and saddle has a carbon shell and lastly I got it in the Euskatel orange and yellow paint schematic. BTW it has hand painted logos and not stickers.

Sounds nice. I'm lookin to get one. I'm not sure which one it'll be but I'm lookin to spend $1000 - $1500.

I ended up getting a Felt, but it was between the Felt F45 and the Orbea Marmolade.

I had a tough time choosing and I like the Marmolade which is close to the $1500 mark and has the campy components.

:D I have a Orbea Lobular with Dura Ave compo. So far this year I have put over 5000 miles on it and just love it. During the raining season I commute on a fix gear bike, to keep my Orbea clean and nice during the winter.

Eskerrik Asko

Scott'sTrek1000 said:
Sounds nice. I'm lookin to get one. I'm not sure which one it'll be but I'm lookin to spend $1000 - $1500.

Personally in that price range, I feel the Felt F65 and F60 are the best values.

You definetly will enjoy the Orbea much better than the Felt. Orbea offers better materials in there bikes. If you have a chance to go to a LBS that actually custom builds the bike up with your specific components you will have the chance to see the internal guts of the frame and the quality to detail that orbea puts into the frame. Sun and Ski carries the Orbea Mitis, the Mitis 4 come with the Ultegra group and reg price is $1999 and on sale I have seen it at $1599 with available payment plans. Mitis 2 comes with Dura Ace group for about $2499.

I was between the M2 and Liege that I have, which comes with Ultegra instead of the D/A group. I decided to go with better frame instead of components.

Mitis is much better than the Marmolada. If you are going to buy Orbea dont go lower than the Mitis.

dfvcad said:
Mitis is much better than the Marmolada. If you are going to buy Orbea dont go lower than the Mitis.

Kind of hard to do that for $1000-1500 isn't it? Orbea is a better quality but it will cost him more than he wants to spend, especially since we both agree that he should not go below the Mitis. Also, I would enjoy a $8,000 Colnago more than my current bike, so saying that he would better enjoy a more expensive bike that is out of his price range is irrelevant to me.

I ride a 2002 Orbea XLR8R with Campy record 10 spd. I don't believe this model is available in the states anymore. Columbus XLR8R main triangle with Columbus Carver rear seat stays and a muscle fork. A great setup!!! By far the most responsive bike I own.

jitteringjr said:
Kind of hard to do that for $1000-1500 isn't it? Orbea is a better quality but it will cost him more than he wants to spend, especially since we both agree that he should not go below the Mitis. Also, I would enjoy a $8,000 Colnago more than my current bike, so saying that he would better enjoy a more expensive bike that is out of his price range is irrelevant to me.
He can find a Mitis in the $1500 to 1800 range without going broke

dfvcad said:
He can find a Mitis in the $1500 to 1800 range without going broke

A used one maybe. They start at $2000. Unless he finds a heck of a deal on a close out one from a previous year.

jitteringjr said:
A used one maybe. They start at $2000. Unless he finds a heck of a deal on a close out one from a previous year.
Some times people can be sarcastic. Why a used one? I am telling you that I have seen the Orbea Mitis 4 on sale at $1599 with the Ultegra group and Mitis 3 with Campy group for $1899 at Sun and Ski, yes original price is $1999 and 2300 respectively but if you look you can find them. Also they carry Airbone bikes Al/Ti that range from $1699 to 2800 on sale. It all about patience my son. Do not settle for less if you are not going to be satisfied with what buy.

I just bought an Orbea Lobular frameset with a Columbus fork and Campy Groupo in February. I really love the bike and would say that it IS the best bike I've ridden. Two day's ago, I invested in a FSA Carbon Crank. If you can afford to spend a little more, go with the Orbea. It's the difference between a Cadallac and a Geo (worth every penny). Most importantly, have fun with whatever you buy!

Mark

snyper0311 said:
I just bought an Orbea Lobular frameset with a Columbus fork and Campy Groupo in February. I really love the bike and would say that it IS the best bike I've ridden. Two day's ago, I invested in a FSA Carbon Crank. If you can afford to spend a little more, go with the Orbea. It's the difference between a Cadallac and a Geo (worth every penny). Most importantly, have fun with whatever you buy!

Mark
Which Orbea do you have? the Mitis 2 or 3, or the Vertex?

jitteringjr said:
Umm maybe this one here in bold.

:rolleyes:
Smarty pants!! the bold lettering is Lobular and that represents the aluminum/tubeset/frameset does not determine the bike model such as Vertex, Liege, Team Replica and so on. The main reason for my question is that none of the Orbea's come with a Columbus Carbon fork. All have some type of Zeus Carbon which is manufactured for Orbea.

dfvcad said:
Which Orbea do you have? the Mitis 2 or 3, or the Vertex?

I ordered the Lobular Carbon Frameset from a local shop and had it custom built for me. If you were to compare it to one of the pre-built bikes, it would be simular to the Mitis 2. The drivechain is Campy but I did get a carbon crank, Cenelli Intergrator bar/stem combo, Easton EC90 Seatpost, Selle Itelia seat, Columbus Carbon fork and Speedplay pedals. I really like the way Orbea painted my bike. It's red white, and blue with my name painted into the color scheme. Like I said in my first post, it's the best bike I've ever owned!

snyper0311 said:
I ordered the Lobular Carbon Frameset from a local shop and had it custom built for me. If you were to compare it to one of the pre-built bikes, it would be simular to the Mitis 2. The drivechain is Campy but I did get a carbon crank, Cenelli Intergrator bar/stem combo, Easton EC90 Seatpost, Selle Itelia seat, Columbus Carbon fork and Speedplay pedals. I really like the way Orbea painted my bike. It's red white, and blue with my name painted into the color scheme. Like I said in my first post, it's the best bike I've ever owned!
Nice set up!! Congrats on the new bike. I got the Liege...Ultegra group. Its a sweet ride overall.

I spent the last two months overanalyzing my bike purchase decision. :)

I was upgrading from an aluminum frame Raleigh Competition w/ Ultegra triple. I sold my old bike and wanted to spend about $3k total on a new ride.

I test rode several different bikes - some all carbon frames, some aluminum/carbon combinations. (Kestrel Talon, Talon SL, and Evoke, '04 cannondale R3000, Specialized Roubiax comp, '05 Trek 52 Madone).

In the end, I decided I couldn't afford a carbon frame with really nice components too. I needed to choose between an aluminum frame bike with DuraAce components or a carbon frame with ultegra and lesser wheels. I was partly swayed towards the DA because any '04 bike with Ultegra was going to be the old Ultegra 9.

In short demo rides, I didn't see a huge difference between all carbon frames and the aluminum w/ carbon stays and carbon forks. Im sure over a 100 mile ride there is a more noticable difference, but not one you could appreciate in a 15 minute test ride.

I ended up purchasing an '04 Orbea Mitis 1 with the wheels upgraded to Kyserium SSC SLs. The mitis is an aluminum bike with a carbon fork and a full carbon rear triangle. It has the full DuraAce component group including cranks.

I've only had it a week, but I love the bike.