Orbea

Paul J

Apr 10, 2003
Anyone out there know much about Orbea bikes? I know they're made in Spain and are a little more affordable than many of the traditional hand built Euro frames. Has anyone owned or ridden one or have any opinions?

Thanks folks.

In a test in a German magazine (testing approx) 40 different bikes, the Orbea was one of the few that got top score all over.
(It was a road test, experienced riders were testing the performance/feeling, stiffness, comfort, sprint, uphill, downhill etc - the test didn't include price/quality etc.)

a fellow I sometimes race against rides/races an orbea.

he's been racing bikes for over 20 years, is one of the best masters racers in his age group in the US, and can afford any bike he wants...that is a good endorcement in my mind.

Originally posted by rv
a fellow I sometimes race against rides/races an orbea.

he's been racing bikes for over 20 years, is one of the best masters racers in his age group in the US, and can afford any bike he wants...that is a good endorcement in my mind.

Not to mention that they do a really nice paint job. Hey, it never hurts to look good too.

Thanks folks.

Just getting some ideas together at the moment. I do really like the white and blue flames paint job.