Ordering DA 10 speed cranks for SRM

parawolf

Jan 16, 2006
Hey all,

I found this thread from the past, where it mentioned that replacement cranks were US$170. However being in Australia, our local distributor website said they only do battery changes and calibration work. I've emailled them asking about replacement cranks as according to the User Manual, these are user replaceable.

However no response from them, and no response from SRM-USA ([email protected]). The SRM-USA website have an online order form, but I can't seem to get it to work, plus they only mention shipping options to USA and Canada - hence I emailed them.

Does anyone know where else I can get Dura-Ace 10 speed crank (even just a drive side) for an SRM Professional? Most of the top online retailers that sell SRM don't stock these as spares either (competitivecyclist, excelsports...).

Any further suggestions? I might just get into work early done day and give them a call...

parawolf said:
Hey all,

I found this thread from the past, where it mentioned that replacement cranks were US$170. However being in Australia, our local distributor website said they only do battery changes and calibration work. I've emailled them asking about replacement cranks as according to the User Manual, these are user replaceable.

However no response from them, and no response from SRM-USA ([email protected]). The SRM-USA website have an online order form, but I can't seem to get it to work, plus they only mention shipping options to USA and Canada - hence I emailed them.

Does anyone know where else I can get Dura-Ace 10 speed crank (even just a drive side) for an SRM Professional? Most of the top online retailers that sell SRM don't stock these as spares either (competitivecyclist, excelsports...).

Any further suggestions? I might just get into work early done day and give them a call...
Did you phone Kinetic in Canberra?
I find they are better when you ring them and not so good with email.

Alex Simmons said:
Did you phone Kinetic in Canberra?
I find they are better when you ring them and not so good with email.

I just got a quote from Kinetic, and lets just say that the price is high... AU$758 + Shipping...

Quite crazy if you ask me. I'm going to reach out to some of my global co-workers in Europe and North America to see if they can get me a better price, as i'll be catching up with most of them in the second week of October.

Found this one at GBP$325 (inc shipping and VAT). So removing the VAT (17.5%) and doing the translation into AUD it's $565. So almost AUD$200 cheaper than the local supplier... Cool :)

The replacement DA cranks from SRM in Co are now $475.00. When you consider the cost of standard 7800 DA cranks, the machining work they have to do to them, and the fact that, with the release of 7900, they will start to become scarce, that's not too bad.

bdaghisallo said:
The replacement DA cranks from SRM in Co are now $475.00. When you consider the cost of standard 7800 DA cranks, the machining work they have to do to them, and the fact that, with the release of 7900, they will start to become scarce, that's not too bad.

I wouldn't care if they used Ultegra SL cranks... but yes, I just figure that at over AU$760 for a set of cranks that PBK sell (with rings) for under AU$250, the amount of machining seriously can't add over AU$500 (considering you don't get chainrings at that cost!)

Also, SRM-UK and SRM-AU distributors go by the line in the SRM User Manual saying no recalibration is required, SRM-USA and SRM-DE say that calibration is absolutely required... which requires sending the whole lot back to SRM-DE...