Orders from Probike kit? How long?

Jock

Guest
Hi all,
Haven't ordered from Probike kit for a while. I did put an order for
some tyres and a few other small bits on 15th July. In my past
experience most orders have arrived within 7-10 days. I know Probike kit
say wait 28 days but they aren't answering my email inquiries.
Has the service slipped or am I too impatient
Cheers
Jock

Jock wrote:
> Hi all,
> Haven't ordered from Probike kit for a while. I did put an order for
> some tyres and a few other small bits on 15th July. In my past
> experience most orders have arrived within 7-10 days. I know Probike kit
> say wait 28 days but they aren't answering my email inquiries.
> Has the service slipped or am I too impatient
> Cheers
> Jock

I've done 2 orders with them this year and they both showed up within 5
days.
Halcyon

I ordered a few items a month ago, ordered Monday, arrived at my door step
Friday! Couldn't ask for more.

news:[email protected]...

Jock said:
Hi all,
Haven't ordered from Probike kit for a while. I did put an order for
some tyres and a few other small bits on 15th July. In my past
experience most orders have arrived within 7-10 days. I know Probike kit
say wait 28 days but they aren't answering my email inquiries.
Has the service slipped or am I too impatient
Cheers
Jock
Some folks on another forum had orders delayed recently - probikekit said that there were issues with the floods and a postal strike. 3 weeks is a long wait! I am surprised they haven't answered the email - I would keep trying that.

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:21:11 +1000, Jock <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I know Probike kit
>say wait 28 days but they aren't answering my email inquiries.
>Has the service slipped or am I too impatient

Hi Jock

Experience and repeated reports indicate that they don't answer
emails. You are better off phoning them. I had an issue recently with
an incomplete order. Emails went unanswered. Phoned them. Items
received within seven days.

They are cheap ... hence you need to expect the service levels to
reflect same.

Regards
Andrew
-----
Churchlands, Western Australia
Giant CRX 1; Giant Boulder SE
http://aushiker.com http://backpackgeartest.org http://geocaching.com.au

On Aug 9, 10:59 pm, Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:

> Experience and repeated reports indicate that they don't answer
> emails.

Another dud thing about PBK is they don't send you an order
confirmation, sent order message or anything, which most other shops
do. If you don't think to save your order page at the time with PBK,
you're left wondering (unless they have fixed that lately).

Donga

In article <[email protected]>,
Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:

> Experience and repeated reports indicate that they don't answer
> emails.

Let's see, I emailed them via their Web form last night about 10 or
10.30. The time on the email reply was 12.49 am this morning.

--
Shane Stanley

In article <[email protected]>,
Donga <[email protected]> wrote:

> Another dud thing about PBK is they don't send you an order
> confirmation, sent order message or anything, which most other shops
> do. If you don't think to save your order page at the time with PBK,
> you're left wondering (unless they have fixed that lately).

I think they have:

"Your Probikekit order has been received and will be dispatched soon.
Your order number for this transaction is..."

And a separate one from <[email protected]>:

"NEW ORDER (Details attached)" including shipping details, amount, order
number, etc.

--
Shane Stanley

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:34:18 -0700, Donga
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Aug 9, 10:59 pm, Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Experience and repeated reports indicate that they don't answer
>> emails.

>Another dud thing about PBK is they don't send you an order
>confirmation, sent order message or anything, which most other shops
>do. If you don't think to save your order page at the time with PBK,
>you're left wondering (unless they have fixed that lately).

That was my experience too Donga.

Andrew
-----
Churchlands, Western Australia
Giant CRX 1; Giant Boulder SE
http://aushiker.com http://backpackgeartest.org http://geocaching.com.au

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:49:34 +1000, Shane Stanley
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Donga <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Another dud thing about PBK is they don't send you an order
>> confirmation, sent order message or anything, which most other shops
>> do. If you don't think to save your order page at the time with PBK,
>> you're left wondering (unless they have fixed that lately).

>I think they have:
>
>"Your Probikekit order has been received and will be dispatched soon.
>Your order number for this transaction is..."
>
>And a separate one from <[email protected]>:
>
>"NEW ORDER (Details attached)" including shipping details, amount, order
>number, etc.

Yes but no order details ... unless you print your order or it is a
small order and you can remember it you have no record of the
details.

My last order was for three people with around 20 items. Without the
printout no details.

Regards
Andrew
-----
Churchlands, Western Australia
Giant CRX 1; Giant Boulder SE
http://aushiker.com http://backpackgeartest.org http://geocaching.com.au

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:46:13 +1000, Shane Stanley
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Experience and repeated reports indicate that they don't answer
>> emails.

>Let's see, I emailed them via their Web form last night about 10 or
>10.30. The time on the email reply was 12.49 am this morning.

That is great IF it was a personal reply. You don't indicate if it is
or not.

Irrespective of that, it does not change my experience, the OP
experience, the experience of a number people in Bicycle.net.au forums
or in other forums (do a search) so I am not sure what you point is.

Regards
Andrew
-----
Churchlands, Western Australia
Giant CRX 1; Giant Boulder SE
http://aushiker.com http://backpackgeartest.org http://geocaching.com.au

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:48:52 +0800, Andrew Priest
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:46:13 +1000, Shane Stanley
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>In article <[email protected]>,
>> Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Experience and repeated reports indicate that they don't answer
>>> emails.

>>Let's see, I emailed them via their Web form last night about 10 or
>>10.30. The time on the email reply was 12.49 am this morning.

>That is great IF it was a personal reply. You don't indicate if it is
>or not.

and for that matter indicate if it it in relation to a general enquiry
or issue with an order, e.g., not received, missing items.

Regards
Andrew
-----
Churchlands, Western Australia
Giant CRX 1; Giant Boulder SE
http://aushiker.com http://backpackgeartest.org http://geocaching.com.au

In article <[email protected]>,
Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:

> >That is great IF it was a personal reply. You don't indicate if it is
> >or not.

Sorry, I thought that was obvious: yes, it was.

> and for that matter indicate if it it in relation to a general enquiry
> or issue with an order, e.g., not received, missing items.

It was a query about an order.

> Irrespective of that, it does not change my experience, the OP
> experience, the experience of a number people in Bicycle.net.au forums
> or in other forums (do a search) so I am not sure what you point is.

Simply that not everyone is having problems. Nothing more.

--
Shane Stanley

Andrew Priest said:
Irrespective of that, it does not change my experience, the OP
experience, the experience of a number people in Bicycle.net.au forums
or in other forums (do a search) so I am not sure what you point is.
Th OP was asking if sevice had slipped, so obviously the point of stating that for some it hasn't, is that for some it hasn't.

I ordered last Sunday evening 10pm-ish, order arrived this morning at work. I had a query, used their query form at 9:30 this morning, got a personal email reply this evening.

No point to the story except that service obviously hasn't slipped across the board.