Original Kleins. How did they Ride? Quantum II

rayhuang

Jul 27, 2006
Like the subject line reads, did they ride smooth, absord road vibrations or were they brutal? Specifically the Quantum II Series with an aluminum aero fork.

Ray

rayhuang said:
Like the subject line reads, did they ride smooth, absord road vibrations or were they brutal? Specifically the Quantum II Series with an aluminum aero fork.

Ray

Quantum II came 14 years after the original Kleins. They were good bikes, especially for the time. May have some issues with proprietary parts, check the bottom bracket for replaceability - not impossible but more hassle (and money) than you might be expecting. The headset was a standard threaded type. Internal cables were standard with this model too. If it hasn't been crash damaged should be a good bike.

Klein%20Quantum%20II%201.jpg

HISTORY of Klein road bikes on my blog.

Thank you. I am it seems on a never ending search for my rain/beater frame and this came across as a possibility.

rayhuang said:
Thank you. I am it seems on a never ending search for my rain/beater frame and this came across as a possibility.

If you're looking for wide tire and fender clearance, this wouldn't be a good choice. Also not good for fixed gear conversion unless you go with an eccentric hub.

DiabloScott said:
If you're looking for wide tire and fender clearance, this wouldn't be a good choice. Also not good for fixed gear conversion unless you go with an eccentric hub.
yes your right-my ideal frame is something like a Surly Pacer or a Trek 1000 with fender eyelets, but if the right 80's Columbus steel frame or this Klein at the right price ($50 to $150) I can live with just a clip on rear fender and possibly a mini front fender which only hides the rear of tire and attachesto the fork crown.

I have a complete grouppo ready to install, just no frame!! lol