Origins of Specialized: Rock Hopper/Stumper

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by ILoveHilaryDuff, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. Somebody wants to know what years this model existed. Of course, he's not sure of the exact name,
    but if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

    Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.
    If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Scott Munro

    Scott Munro Guest

    On 6 Oct 2003 14:32:57 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

    >Somebody wants to know what years this model existed. Of course, he's not sure of the exact name,
    >but if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

    It looks like Specialized is still making models called "Rockhopper" and "Stumpjumper."

    http://tinyurl.com/px3k

    --
    "And I'm very glad we've got the great team in office, men like Colin Powell, Don Rumsfeld, Dick
    Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Paul O'Neill - people I know very well - our president George W. Bush. We
    -- Gen. Wesley Clark at a GOP fundraiser, May 11, 2001

  3. Eric Hart

    Eric Hart Guest

    The Stumpjumper was the first and came out in 1980 (give or take a year). I remember it well. I was
    living in Alaska, and my over-the-top extreme athlete landlord got one by mail, and spent a week
    popping wheelies and making gravel fly in front of our house. Just a big kid...

    The Rockhopper came out a couple of years later (less sure of the date on this one) as a lower-cost
    alternative.

    On 6 Oct 2003 14:32:57 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

    >Somebody wants to know what years this model existed. Of course, he's not sure of the exact name,
    >but if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

    > -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting
    > spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
    > [email protected]

    > The Stumpjumper was the first and came out in 1980 (give or take a year). I remember it well. I
    > was living in Alaska, and my over-the-top extreme athlete landlord got one by mail, and spent a
    > week popping wheelies and making gravel fly in front of our house. Just a big kid...
    >
    > The Rockhopper came out a couple of years later (less sure of the date on this one) as a
    > lower-cost alternative.

    ..and the Stumpjumper was the first production mountain bike, although we would hardly even call
    that thing a hybrid these days.

    --