Ortlieb Ultimate 3 RC Bar Bag - S 4.5 Litre

dannyfrankszzz

New Member
Mar 8, 2003
I'm looking for a handlebar bag that is small but still allows a map to be viewed on the top of it. So, far the smallest I've found is this which seems to fit the bill:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=ProductDetail.aspx&W=0&Manufacturer=Ortlieb&UberCatName=&Cat=cycle&CategoryName=&ProdID=5360007518&UberCat=0

However, I have a couple of questions:

How do I mount it to the handlebar? Is there a separate kit that I have to purchase?

Does it come with a map cover so that I can view a map whilst riding? It's just that it says the transparent lid is not waterproof; I'm not sure whether this means it is a mapcover that is not waterproof or if there is no map cover. If there is no map cover, is it possible to get one that affixes to this bag?

When the bag is on the bike, how will this affect my light and computer?

dannyfrankszzz schrieb:

> Does it come with a map cover so that I can view a map whilst riding?

Not such mapbag type like on the Ultimate 3 "M" and "L"

> It's just that it says the transparent lid is not waterproof; I'm not
> sure whether this means it is a mapcover that is not waterproof or if
> there is no map cover.

Its a clear plastic sleeve with open sides, the bag is very narrow an
the mapsleeve is also narrow, you sqeeze the map under the sleeve

> is it possible to get one that affixes to this bag?

No, the mapbag from Ultimate 3 "M" and "L" doesnt fit on the RC bag
Ortlieb has stoped the production of the RC the bag wasnt a success.
I selled hundreds of Ultimate 3 but only a few of the RCs.
The Ultimate 3 "M" is the best choice, the mapbag is waterproof,
you can take the mapbag off and use it maybe for hiking.

> When the bag is on the bike, how will this affect my light and
> computer?

It doesnt affect the computer but affect the light on the handlebar

dannyfrankszzz wrote:

>I'm looking for a handlebar bag that is small but still allows a map to
>be viewed on the top of it. So, far the smallest I've found is this
>which seems to fit the bill:
>
>http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.asp...cle&CategoryName=&ProdID=5360007518&UberCat=0
>
>However, I have a couple of questions:
>
>How do I mount it to the handlebar? Is there a separate kit that I
>have to purchase?
>
>Does it come with a map cover so that I can view a map whilst riding?
>It's just that it says the transparent lid is not waterproof; I'm not
>sure whether this means it is a mapcover that is not waterproof or if
>there is no map cover. If there is no map cover, is it possible to get
>one that affixes to this bag?
>
>When the bag is on the bike, how will this affect my light and
>computer?

More than likely it will get in the way.

I've had a look at the Ortleib website and they don't seem to have an
Ultimate 3R. They do have the Ultimate 3 Classic which is deeper or
the Ultimate 3 Compact which is smaller but won't take a map case.

http://www.ortlieb.de/_anleit/u3comp.pdf