OT: 19" monitor...Ahhh, much better....

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slacker

picked up one of these http://shop.store.yahoo.com/upsource/782030.html

Dang, If I would've known a high resolution 19"er is this nice, I would've snagged one sooner. 19"
seems the perfect size, much bigger than I thought.

Side note: I bought it at Fry's Electronics. For those of you that have never been there, it's a
real "treat." The epitome of bad sales people/customer service. I cannot properly describe just how
bad Fry's is.....one time a sales person was helping me with an item worth about $50, another
consumer standing near us was looking at an item worth about $200. When the sales person realized he
could make more commission with the other consumer, he stopped helping me (in mid-sentence) and
turned to help the other person. The funny thing is that Fry's sales team doesn't know jack about
anything in their store. So why shop there.....because the place is huge and where else are you
going to pick up a vacuum cleaner, electric razor, coffee machine, fridge, just about any software,
RAM, motherboards and a monitor all under one roof.

So anyway, one dude grabs the monitor from the back and places it in my shopping cart. Fry's was
advertising a $20 mail-in-rebate for my monitor. After paying for it, I ask the cashier for the
rebate form....."Oh, I'll get it for you sir," as he walked over to someone sitting at a desk. I see
them talking and the guy sitting at the desk is wagging his head side to side saying, "No, we don't
have any."

Cashier returns with a piece of paper and pen, he asks me to write down my mailing address, so he
can mail the form to me. I couldn't contain my laughter as I slapped my credit card down, "You can
credit my Visa card right now for the amount you just charged it!"

"Manager," he shouts as she walks over, he explains what just happened. She comes over to me as
asked if they can give me a $20 instant rebate credited back to my card, "Sounds good," I reply.

I get outside to my truck, throw the monitor in the back and notice a Fry's employee magnetic badge
in my shopping cart. It was the guy that first helped me in the store. Must have fell in as he
loaded the monitor in the cart. They're lucky I'm an honest guy.

I get home and hop onto NEC website; the rebate promo ended Feb 1.

--
Slacker

Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> picked up one of these http://shop.store.yahoo.com/upsource/782030.html
>
> Dang, If I would've known a high resolution 19"er is this nice, I would've
snagged one sooner. 19" seems the perfect size, much
> bigger than I thought.

<wordectomy>

> I get outside to my truck, throw the monitor in the back and notice a
Fry's employee magnetic badge in my shopping cart. It was the
> guy that first helped me in the store. Must have fell in as he loaded the
monitor in the cart. They're lucky I'm an honest guy.
>
> I get home and hop onto NEC website; the rebate promo ended Feb 1.

You are a class act Slacker - nice work, LOL! ',;~}

Shaun aRe

Status
Not open for further replies.