OT 25 years ago today....

Bob Myers wrote:

> > > Oddly enough, I have vivid memories of where I was and what I was doing
> > > when I heard that Elvis had died..

> > You mean Elvis is REALLY dead? ;)

> (In my best Tommy Lee Jones):
>
> No, Elvis isn't dead! He just went home!

Elvis has left the building.

Bob Myers wrote:
> "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >

> > > (In my best Tommy Lee Jones):
> > >
> > > No, Elvis isn't dead! He just went home!
> > >
> > > Bob M.
> > >

> > But, but, but.... wasn't that ET?

> What, you never saw "Men In Black"?
>
> Bob M.

UM, er, I surely did... but I thought the kid with the big ears was
cuter than the old guy with the rug ;)
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

"cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >>You mean Elvis is REALLY dead? ;)

> > (In my best Tommy Lee Jones):
> >
> > No, Elvis isn't dead! He just went home!
> >
> > Bob M.
> >

> But, but, but.... wasn't that ET?

What, you never saw "Men In Black"?

Bob M.

"cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > What, you never saw "Men In Black"?
> >
> > Bob M.

> UM, er, I surely did... but I thought the kid with the big ears was
> cuter than the old guy with the rug ;)

Right, I liked Frank the Pug, too...

Or did you mean the tall skinny kid with the big ears? ;-)

Actually - as we drift more and more uncontrollably off-topic
- my favorite character from MiB was "Jack Jeebs," the
alien who ran the shady pawn shop ("...or I'll shoot you
where it doesn't grow back!"). I just like the fact that
Jeebs and Adrian Monk are the same person...:)

Bob M.

sf wrote:
> WHAT???
> What BF?
> What have you neglected to tell us?
>
> sf
> <hoping I read this the wrong way>
> `````````````````````````

I had a BF 25 years ago......why the WHAT???

I will quote Chaucer about a woman who had gone on the Crusades, a
rather randy event for many:
"She hadde passed many a straunge stream"

aem wrote:

> Oh, come on. He was a peace activist, and an influential one. But out
> in the world apart from rock music the peace movement was already very
> well established before he joined it. His great album "Imagine" came
> out in 1971. -aem

He and Yoko did their first "bed-in" in '69 (1969 is thought to be the
height of the peace movement for Vietnam) and were involved long before
that. Either way, he motivated a lot of young people to join the peace
movement, and not many other individuals did so (MLK, Jr. being another
example). While few people knew of groups like SANE or the "Mobes"
almost everyone knew of Lennon and that kind of influence/attention is
what is needed in such movements. I don't think we have a contemporary
equivalent, sadly.
-L.