OT: 50$ reward for name to new training software

koger

Apr 5, 2005
Hello

First sorry for this post to be somewhat off topic.

I'm going to create a training software, but I need a name for it. I have some ideas, but have not found the perfect name yet.
So if you come up with a name that I will use, I will give you 50$ for it. Sounds good? then send me a personal message or post here at the forum.

The name should be functional, i.e. you should be able to see what the software does by looking at the name, but still I would like it to have a bit of "freshness", not to funky though. A name like iTunes or myspace would be a good example of what I'm looking for.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

koger said:
Hello

First sorry for this post to be somewhat off topic.

I'm going to create a training software, but I need a name for it. I have some ideas, but have not found the perfect name yet.
So if you come up with a name that I will use, I will give you 50$ for it. Sounds good? then send me a personal message or post here at the forum.

The name should be functional, i.e. you should be able to see what the software does by looking at the name, but still I would like it to have a bit of "freshness", not to funky though. A name like iTunes or myspace would be a good example of what I'm looking for.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)
A few details of what variables will be tracked would be helpful. would you be able to establish your own goals or will can you use analgorithm to suggest a training regime for a tough road race 2 months from now? Also who might benefit from the software? Beginners, intermediate or advanced cyclists. Road and MTBers? Also, there is a site (Bikely.com) where you can map a route on google maps and get distance, elevations etc. that you can download in GIS or Google map format, would be able to import those as an aid to tracking climbing or distances etc.

I love the idea, just would like a few details. I'm still trying to find SW that I'm happy with.

DNAtsol said:
A few details of what variables will be tracked would be helpful. would you be able to establish your own goals or will can you use analgorithm to suggest a training regime for a tough road race 2 months from now? Also who might benefit from the software? Beginners, intermediate or advanced cyclists. Road and MTBers? Also, there is a site (Bikely.com) where you can map a route on google maps and get distance, elevations etc. that you can download in GIS or Google map format, would be able to import those as an aid to tracking climbing or distances etc.

I love the idea, just would like a few details. I'm still trying to find SW that I'm happy with.
Thank you for your reply.
All cyclists should be able to benefit from the program, the goal is to make a complete tool for planing training, and to keep track of both training and race results. I'm still not sure if I will include detailed route description.

koger said:
Thank you for your reply.
All cyclists should be able to benefit from the program, the goal is to make a complete tool for planing training, and to keep track of both training and race results. I'm still not sure if I will include detailed route description.
OK, been giving this some thought and without know a whole lot about would be included, here are my ideas so far:

TrainMe
MYcling
Cyclotron

On a somewhat related note....Even if you think my ideas are good or even a good starting point, I was wondering how you planned to develop the code. Were you thinking freeware, shareware, $5-30 etc.? I have a "slight" preference for FOSS (really a large bias). It can be fun to build a community around both a sport like cycling and an intellectual endevour like developing software with user/community feedback helping the debugging and suggestions for features etc. If you were to go that route I'd sign on to help in anyway I could.