OT: A question about Diabetes (TOM)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by AngieRose, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    My Friend (the one I'm making the cookbook for) said that her blood sugar is
    going crazy and the only thing that changed is that she has her TOM she also
    has thyroid problems could it be her TOM messing with her sugar levels?

    I told her that I would check with you guys to see if anyone has had the
    same problem.

    TIA

    Angie

    Tags:

  2. None Given

    None Given Guest

    "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My Friend (the one I'm making the cookbook for) said that her blood sugar

    is
    > going crazy and the only thing that changed is that she has her TOM she

    also
    > has thyroid problems could it be her TOM messing with her sugar levels?

    BG usually goes up pre-TOM, then back down again, HMMV. Thyroid can screw
    it up really bad from what I hear. She may need the thyroid meds adjusted,
    but I understand that takes a while to kick in.
    If she isn't online print out:
    http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/Newly Diagnosed.htm
    even if she's been diabetic for a long time.

    --
    No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

  3. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    "None Given" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> My Friend (the one I'm making the cookbook for) said that her blood sugar

    > is
    >> going crazy and the only thing that changed is that she has her TOM she

    > also
    >> has thyroid problems could it be her TOM messing with her sugar levels?

    > BG usually goes up pre-TOM, then back down again, HMMV. Thyroid can screw
    > it up really bad from what I hear. She may need the thyroid meds
    > adjusted,
    > but I understand that takes a while to kick in.
    > If she isn't online print out:
    > http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/Newly Diagnosed.htm
    > even if she's been diabetic for a long time.
    >
    > --
    > No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

    Thanks I'll be sure to print that up for her... She is a new Diabetic she,
    if I'm right is on Avadamet (so am I) I have Metabolic Syndrome but she is
    much closer to full blown diabetes then I am.I dont know what she is on for
    her thyroid.. I'm trying to do everything I can to help and support her in
    every way.

    Angie