OT: A question about Diabetes (TOM)

AngieRose

Guest
My Friend (the one I'm making the cookbook for) said that her blood sugar is
going crazy and the only thing that changed is that she has her TOM she also
has thyroid problems could it be her TOM messing with her sugar levels?

I told her that I would check with you guys to see if anyone has had the
same problem.

TIA

Angie

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My Friend (the one I'm making the cookbook for) said that her blood sugar

is
> going crazy and the only thing that changed is that she has her TOM she

also
> has thyroid problems could it be her TOM messing with her sugar levels?

BG usually goes up pre-TOM, then back down again, HMMV. Thyroid can screw
it up really bad from what I hear. She may need the thyroid meds adjusted,
but I understand that takes a while to kick in.
If she isn't online print out:
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/Newly Diagnosed.htm
even if she's been diabetic for a long time.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

"None Given" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> My Friend (the one I'm making the cookbook for) said that her blood sugar

> is
>> going crazy and the only thing that changed is that she has her TOM she

> also
>> has thyroid problems could it be her TOM messing with her sugar levels?

> BG usually goes up pre-TOM, then back down again, HMMV. Thyroid can screw
> it up really bad from what I hear. She may need the thyroid meds
> adjusted,
> but I understand that takes a while to kick in.
> If she isn't online print out:
> http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/Newly Diagnosed.htm
> even if she's been diabetic for a long time.
>
> --
> No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Thanks I'll be sure to print that up for her... She is a new Diabetic she,
if I'm right is on Avadamet (so am I) I have Metabolic Syndrome but she is
much closer to full blown diabetes then I am.I dont know what she is on for
her thyroid.. I'm trying to do everything I can to help and support her in
every way.

Angie