OT: a smug moment

bugbear composed the following;:
> Helen C Simmons wrote:
>> Allow me to share my smug moment with you. Got weighed this evening. In
>> the last 8 weeks I've lost 36.5 lbs.. Onwards & downwards and to keeping
>> it off

> If you want to keep it off, I would recommend adopting
> an eating pattern that loses weight a little slower than
> 4 Lbs a week. That sounds a little too extreme to be sustainable.
>
> And it's sustainable eating patterns that are the goal to
> avoiding the dreaded yo-yo.

Agreed.

Just weighed myself and missus *** this am. I lost 1 lb, she lost 1 1/2 lb.

--
Paul ...

www.4x4prejudice.org

(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

On 14/2/05 10:27 am, in article
[email protected], "bugbear"
<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

> Helen C Simmons wrote:
>> Allow me to share my smug moment with you. Got weighed this evening. In the
>> last 8 weeks I've lost 36.5 lbs.. Onwards & downwards and to keeping it off

> If you want to keep it off, I would recommend adopting
> an eating pattern that loses weight a little slower than
> 4 Lbs a week. That sounds a little too extreme to be sustainable.

Work it out as a percentage of weight over target weight. 4lbs a week is
fine if you are seriously overweight. 4lbs would be reasonably difficult for
me to lose in a week, but not impossible. I am currently aiming for about
1-2 lb per week and have revived my healthy eating plan[1].

With the arrival of a new pair of scales to replace the broken ones, the
incentive to be a bit more disciplined has returned. It is easier to work on
a day to day basis rather than a weekly or monthly basis.

> And it's sustainable eating patterns that are the goal to
> avoiding the dreaded yo-yo.

Indeed.

...d
[1] I like that phrase. Diet is what you eat. HEP is a proactive choice
about what you eat.

"bugbear" <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Helen C Simmons wrote:
>> Allow me to share my smug moment with you. Got weighed this evening. In
>> the last 8 weeks I've lost 36.5 lbs.. Onwards & downwards and to keeping
>> it off

> If you want to keep it off, I would recommend adopting
> an eating pattern that loses weight a little slower than
> 4 Lbs a week. That sounds a little too extreme to be sustainable.
>
> And it's sustainable eating patterns that are the goal to
> avoiding the dreaded yo-yo.
>
> BugBear

I see you haven't read earlier posts on the thread including my own

"A concern I have about my current
rate of loss is that I feel as if I'm hardly trying and the flab is dropping
off. Whilst it's *lovely* to be dropping clothes sizes remarkably quickly,
I'm half-expecting it to grind to a halt any day now and I'll plateau for a
while which is a PITA to keep motivated through."

I have three healthy meals a day & snacks when I feel like it (healthy
ones). I fully expect my long term weight loss to average out to a couple of
pounds a week.

Cheers, helen s

Helen C Simmons wrote:

> Too darned windy & cold out there for me to be doing an Audax. I am a
> wimp - BAH!

Shame on you! Though as I had what should have been a screaming descent
spoiled by:

o mud, and
o rain, and
o tight corners, and
o pot holes, and
o the P+nct+r+ Fairy

on Saturday's Cotswold Corker, I /did/ wonder why I had:

o spent hours in the hell that is the Nation's motorway system on a Friday
night, and
o got up unreasonably early on a Saturday to spend another hour driving to
the start

instead of going to a decorative Nut Miner's leaving do and sleeping for a
thousand years afterwards.

(Scratches head. Gets splinters)

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

Tale of woe snipped...

> instead of going to a decorative Nut Miner's leaving do and sleeping for a
> thousand years afterwards.
>
> (Scratches head. Gets splinters)

You see, this is why I am a wimp ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Roos Eisma composed the following;:
> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Just weighed myself and missus *** this am.

> As a sort of romantic Valentine day's event?
>
> :)

AAaaahhh aaahhhhh maybe _that's_ why she buggered off sharpish-like to go
to the stepmothers with the kids ... Dammit ...

I knew there was something wrong, just couldn't figure what ...

;)

--
Paul ...
www.4x4prejudice.org

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:35:40 -0000, "Paul - ***"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>Just weighed myself and missus *** this am. I lost 1 lb, she lost 1 1/2 lb.

It's behind the sofa. If you don't believe me, sit on the sofa every
night for a week and you'll find it again :)

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs

Just zis Guy, you know? composed the following;:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:35:40 -0000, "Paul - ***"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
>> Just weighed myself and missus *** this am. I lost 1 lb, she lost 1 1/2
>> lb.

> It's behind the sofa. If you don't believe me, sit on the sofa every
> night for a week and you'll find it again :)

Heheheh, that's where it came from in the first place, so it can stay there
... ;)

--
Paul ...
www.4x4prejudice.org