OT aaargh airline rant

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by The Bubbo, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    I accept that this was somehow my fault, i'm sure it was.
    When I booked my tickets to New Orleans I was super careful to get the flight
    back on the 1st. David was sitting there with me. I had 2 flight options on
    the 1st, leaving at 11am and leaving at 5pm. I know I picked the 5 pm because
    a) it was later in the day and i know we would be tired from the festivities
    the night before and b) it was a non-stop flight. I evven went through and
    picked my seats and picked only one seat on my flight back. I went to confirm
    my flights and they magically changed the return flight from the 1st to the
    second and from the 5pm to the 11am.

    dammit dammit dammit. I had to call my dog sitter in a blazing panic to see if
    she could stay on another day. She's not my regular dog sitter, and let me
    tell you, it is very hard to find a dog sitter over the holidays at the last
    minute. I can board one of my dogs, but the other was treated rather roughly
    by her previous owners and now she has some separation anxiety issues, she ate
    her way through a metal kennel once, cutting her face all up. I keep the
    kennel to show to people.

    grrr I was also counting on being home all day on the 2nd to relax and get
    things in order before I had to go back to work on the 3rd.

    okay, sorry about the OTedness of this. I just wanted to rant.
    OB Food: If Liuzza's is still open and operating I will report back about the
    best shrimp po' boys on the planet. Also, trying to get to the Taj Mahal
    restaurant in Metairie, it's a tradition for me and it's the happiest Indian
    restaurant on Earth.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

    Tags:

  2. Pete C.

    Pete C. Guest

    The Bubbo wrote:

    > I accept that this was somehow my fault, i'm sure it was.
    > When I booked my tickets to New Orleans I was super careful to get the flight
    > back on the 1st. David was sitting there with me. I had 2 flight options on
    > the 1st, leaving at 11am and leaving at 5pm. I know I picked the 5 pm because
    > a) it was later in the day and i know we would be tired from the festivities
    > the night before and b) it was a non-stop flight. I evven went through and
    > picked my seats and picked only one seat on my flight back. I went to confirm
    > my flights and they magically changed the return flight from the 1st to the
    > second and from the 5pm to the 11am.
    >
    > dammit dammit dammit. I had to call my dog sitter in a blazing panic to see if
    > she could stay on another day. She's not my regular dog sitter, and let me
    > tell you, it is very hard to find a dog sitter over the holidays at the last
    > minute. I can board one of my dogs, but the other was treated rather roughly
    > by her previous owners and now she has some separation anxiety issues, she ate
    > her way through a metal kennel once, cutting her face all up. I keep the
    > kennel to show to people.
    >
    > grrr I was also counting on being home all day on the 2nd to relax and get
    > things in order before I had to go back to work on the 3rd.
    >
    > okay, sorry about the OTedness of this. I just wanted to rant.
    > OB Food: If Liuzza's is still open and operating I will report back about the
    > best shrimp po' boys on the planet. Also, trying to get to the Taj Mahal
    > restaurant in Metairie, it's a tradition for me and it's the happiest Indian
    > restaurant on Earth.
    >
    > --
    > .:Heather:.
    > www.velvet-c.com
    > Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

    Print hardcopy of everything when you book. Then you can either confirm
    your mistake later, or prove it was the airlines fault at which point
    they are more likely to fix the problem.

    Pete C.

  3. sf

    sf Guest

    On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:44:16 GMT, Pete C. wrote:

    > Print hardcopy of everything when you book. Then you can either confirm
    > your mistake later, or prove it was the airlines fault at which point
    > they are more likely to fix the problem.

    Sage advice and so obvious, I thought everyone did it. All the
    necessary information is in the email confirmation as well.

  4. aem

    aem Guest

    The Bubbo wrote:
    > [snip] ... I went to confirm
    > my flights and they magically changed the return flight from the 1st to the
    > second and from the 5pm to the 11am. [snip]

    And what did you do at this point? How did you try to get their
    mistake corrected, and why did it fail? The rest of your story sounds
    as though you just immediately acquiesced to their mistake, which
    surely can't be the case. Inquiring minds want to know ..... -aem

  5. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    aem wrote:

    > The Bubbo wrote:
    >> [snip] ... I went to confirm
    >> my flights and they magically changed the return flight from the 1st to the
    >> second and from the 5pm to the 11am. [snip]

    > And what did you do at this point? How did you try to get their
    > mistake corrected, and why did it fail? The rest of your story sounds
    > as though you just immediately acquiesced to their mistake, which
    > surely can't be the case. Inquiring minds want to know ..... -aem

    I don't know that it is their mistake and certainly, on the day before the
    flight they aren't going to just switch flights because some girl calls them
    and says she is positive she booked the flights for the right day but didn't
    notice the email said otherwise until the day before.

    Shit happens, I've been dealing with a lot of stuff. As irritating as this is,
    I have no reason to believe it is anything but my own mistake. I already
    talked to David and he's fine with it. It means he leaves New Orleans a day
    later than planned, but he had planned to meander back and camp and kayak so
    he's not worried about it.

    My dog sitter can use the extra cash, so she's staying on an extra day.

    Irritating, but nothing more than that.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  6. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    sf wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:44:16 GMT, Pete C. wrote:
    >
    >> Print hardcopy of everything when you book. Then you can either confirm
    >> your mistake later, or prove it was the airlines fault at which point
    >> they are more likely to fix the problem.

    > Sage advice and so obvious, I thought everyone did it. All the
    > necessary information is in the email confirmation as well.
    > --
    >
    > Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

    Ironically, I did print it and it does have the incorrect date. Thus
    confirming for me that this is really some massive screw up on my part and not
    NWA's fault, though I'm still trying to figure out how things even got to the
    second when I had been so adamant about coming home on the first.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  7. aem

    aem Guest

    The Bubbo wrote:

    > I don't know that it is their mistake and certainly, on the day before the
    > flight they aren't going to just switch flights because some girl calls them
    > and says she is positive she booked the flights for the right day but didn't
    > notice the email said otherwise until the day before.

    Okay, I see. But still, you had the better part of a week to try to
    get them to change the flight to what you wanted. I have no experience
    with NWA, though, so maybe they are inflexible. If it had been Alaska
    Airlines it would definitely have been worth trying, as they try hard
    to accommodate their passengers whenever possible. -aem

  8. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    aem wrote:

    > The Bubbo wrote:
    >>
    >> I don't know that it is their mistake and certainly, on the day before the
    >> flight they aren't going to just switch flights because some girl calls

    them
    >> and says she is positive she booked the flights for the right day but

    didn't
    >> notice the email said otherwise until the day before.
    >>

    > Okay, I see. But still, you had the better part of a week to try to
    > get them to change the flight to what you wanted. I have no experience
    > with NWA, though, so maybe they are inflexible. If it had been Alaska
    > Airlines it would definitely have been worth trying, as they try hard
    > to accommodate their passengers whenever possible. -aem

    I know, and if I hadn't been so busy I'd have been more vigilant. I did keep
    checking the flight down so that David could pick me up from the airport but
    my head just never thought to check the flight home. Ah well, I get another
    day in New Orleans.