General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT: America

Started by Muhammed · · Last activity · 131 posts · 2,242 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 November 2005
Last activity
30 November 2005
Original author
Muhammed
Posts
131
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,242
Views / 30 days
18
Topics
FTP

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 131
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. sf said:

    I prefer to think the voters were ignorant. They listened to the
    patriotic posturing about being good Americans and not questioning
    what their elected leader & his henchmen did in Washington and ignored
    all the warning signs of the first 4 years. Thank goodness for term
    limits! What this bunch of yahoos has done to the country is
    absolutely criminal and I hope every one of them rots in jail.

    It's sad to think that immediately after 9/11 the US had a lot of sympathy
    around the world, but over the last few years Bush has squandered all that good
    will. I blame the press as much as the politicians. They allowed themselves to
    be used for propaganda purposes, or they have deemed themselves to be the self
    serving twisters of truth. About I week and a half ago I was sent a link to a
    documentary about the use of White Phosphorous and napalm like substances in the
    battle for Faluja, a weapon banned from us in areas with civilians. For almost
    a year the US denied the use of WP in that battle. It finally admitted to
    having used it, but not in civilian areas. Given a year of denial, their little
    disclaimer has little credibility

    The only articles I found about in in the American press indicated that the
    protesters in Italy were communists. They mentioned nothing about the reason the
    Italians were protesting, except for the implication that they should be
    discredited because they are communists. The Italians are upset about more than
    the cover-up of war crimes in Faluga. They are upset because they have reason to
    believe that an Italian journalist was specifically targeted by American forces.
    She had been held hostage by insurgents, and then on her way to the airport
    after her release, she was shot by American soldiers. One has to wonder about
    the coincidence that she was the one who was working in the WP story. Not only
    were weapons used illegally, it would appear that they tried to silence her with
    bullets.

  2. "itsjoannotjoann" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If you are not concerned for the future, perhaps it is you who
    should leave, not I.

    If you are so concerned about what a mess this country is in why
    don't you do something to help instead of pointing out what is
    wrong?

    Isn't pointing out what is wrong part of the process of change? If
    no one ever sees fault with the present, the future can never be
    different.

    Quoted message said:

    Why would you want to live here if you see so much that
    is wrong?

    He may be forced to by the necessities of employment. That doesn't
    mean he has to like it.

    Quoted message said:

    You still did not answer my question as to why you posted this
    drivel on a cooking board.

    This is not a "cooking board", it is an unmoderated discussion group
    and the results of this being an unmoderated discussion group is that
    anyone can post whatever they want, including you. Your obligation,
    if you don't like something, is to ignore it. I suspect you didn't
    read the WebTV good behavior [sic] guide to newsgroups, which is
    unfortunate for you.

    Quoted message said:

    But trolls are like that, aren't they?

    Trolls? You don't even know what trolls are. Subjects you disagree
    with or are upset by are not trolls simply because of that. It's
    entirely possible that you are too thin-skinned to participate in
    Usenet discussions.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

    Read ye and be informèd.

    --

    "Compassion is the chief law of human existence."

    Dostoevski, The Idiot

  3. Nancy Young said:

    "sarah bennett" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Nancy Young said:

    "Muhammed" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Because I am concerned for the country I now live in. Aren't you? If you
    >are not concerned for the future, perhaps it is you who should leave, not
    >I.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    This is not the right newsgroup for this [censored], troll. Go do your
    bowing/allah thing or go play poker. Whatever it is you're in the
    mood for today.

    Quoted message said:

    Granted, they guy *is* trolling, but this seems to be a case of "the lady
    doth protest too much"

    ? Because I don't like someone who has never posted here before
    under that name coming around with that kinda [censored]? Just looking
    for trouble and I don't like that.

    nancy

    So why argue? Seriously. Its not like the guy is wrong, even if he's
    trying to cause an arguement.

    --

    saerah

    "Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
    disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
    -Baruch Spinoza

    "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
    what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
    and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There
    is another theory which states that this has already happened."
    -Douglas Adams

  4. "sarah bennett" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Nancy Young wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ? Because I don't like someone who has never posted here before
    under that name coming around with that kinda [censored]? Just looking
    for trouble and I don't like that.

    Quoted message said:

    So why argue? Seriously. Its not like the guy is wrong, even if he's
    trying to cause an arguement.

    *I* am not arguing, I'm telling the thing to get lost. Arguing is saying
    his opinion (if it even is his opinion) is wrong. I didn't say that. I
    said,
    take your troll and go home.

    nancy

  5. Nancy Young said:

    "sarah bennett" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Nancy Young wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ? Because I don't like someone who has never posted here before
    under that name coming around with that kinda [censored]? Just looking
    for trouble and I don't like that.

    Quoted message said:

    So why argue? Seriously. Its not like the guy is wrong, even if he's
    trying to cause an arguement.

    *I* am not arguing, I'm telling the thing to get lost. Arguing is saying
    his opinion (if it even is his opinion) is wrong. I didn't say that. I
    said,
    take your troll and go home.

    nancy

    I apologize, i was confusing your posts with those of "joannotjoann"

    --

    saerah

    "Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
    disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
    -Baruch Spinoza

    "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
    what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
    and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There
    is another theory which states that this has already happened."
    -Douglas Adams

  6. "rosie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I think you ought to leave and go live in another country, maybe
    France.
    Rosie

    When I first came to America, I drove a limousine for 2 years. I worked that
    job as well as other jobs and saved money so I could buy an automobile
    dealership. Today, I have 3 automobile dealerships. So I am very much rooted
    in this country. I cannot simply leave and go live somewhere else. I would
    prefer to stay and help improve this country.

  7. "Muhammed" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "rosie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I think you ought to leave and go live in another country, maybe
    France.
    Rosie

    When I first came to America, I drove a limousine for 2 years. I worked


    that

    Quoted message said:

    job as well as other jobs and saved money so I could buy an automobile
    dealership. Today, I have 3 automobile dealerships. So I am very much


    rooted

    Quoted message said:

    in this country. I cannot simply leave and go live somewhere else. I would
    prefer to stay and help improve this country.

    Good luck on improving it. If I could, I'd move to the Cook Islands in the
    South Pacific. I'm going to [censored] a lot of people off here, but this country
    has been going to hell in a silk lined handbasket. I'm sick of it.

    kili

  8. Michel Boucher grunted:

    Quoted message said:

    "itsjoannotjoann" <[email hidden]> Your obligation,
    if you don't like something, is to ignore it. I suspect you didn't
    read the WebTV good behavior [sic] guide to newsgroups, which is
    unfortunate for you.

    Unfortunate for you that you did not read my post of several weeks ago
    when I stated I'm rarely on webtv, it's just an address to keep the
    spammers from trying to sell me Viagra, software, and 'hot Russian
    women.' Surprise! Tonight I'm on my laptop, sometimes I'm posting
    from work, you just never know do you? Assumptions can get you into
    trouble. As you state, "Read and be informed."

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    But trolls are like that, aren't they?

    Trolls? You don't even know what trolls are. Subjects you disagree
    with or are upset by are not trolls simply because of that. It's
    entirely possible that you are too thin-skinned to participate in
    Usenet discussions.

    Ok, maybe it's not strictly a 'cooking board', I stand corrected. But
    75% of the posts here have to do with cooking, baking, spices, kitchen
    appliances, cabinets, etc. And yes, I know what a troll is. He's a
    troll, plain and simple.

    Quoted message said:


  9. Muhammed said:

    "rosie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I think you ought to leave and go live in another country, maybe
    France.
    Rosie

    When I first came to America, I drove a limousine for 2 years. I worked that
    job as well as other jobs and saved money so I could buy an automobile
    dealership. Today, I have 3 automobile dealerships. So I am very much rooted
    in this country. I cannot simply leave and go live somewhere else. I would
    prefer to stay and help improve this country.

    And those dealerships are? Names and locales, please. (that's kind
    of 'put up or shut up'--but given that this newsgroup's name is
    rec.food.cooking, what DID prompt you to post your whining here?)

    --
    -denny-
    "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

    "It's come as you are, baby."

    -over the hedge

  10. Muhammed said:

    America has really went downhill fast, hasn't it? When I first came
    to this country 11 years ago, it had potential.

    I think if you don't like the USA you should leave it. That's one great
    thing about "America"; no one is forcing you to stay or to think or to
    believe what you don't believe in.

    OB Food:

    Pork Tenderloin

    1-1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
    3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp. dried sage
    1/2 tsp. pepper

    Brush the pork tenderloin with the Dijon mustard and sprinkle all over with
    garlic, sage and pepper. Wrap in foil and bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes or
    until the pork is about 160F. Slice thinly, no more than 1 inch thick.
    Serve with roasted new potatoes.

    Jill

  11. Nancy Young said:

    "sarah bennett" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Nancy Young wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ? Because I don't like someone who has never posted here before
    under that name coming around with that kinda [censored]? Just looking
    for trouble and I don't like that.

    Quoted message said:

    So why argue? Seriously. Its not like the guy is wrong, even if he's
    trying to cause an arguement.

    *I* am not arguing, I'm telling the thing to get lost. Arguing is
    saying his opinion (if it even is his opinion) is wrong. I didn't
    say that. I said,
    take your troll and go home.

    nancy

    Remember back in the 1960's when trolls were ugly little dolls with long
    hair and ugly but cute faces? They couldn't talk; they couldn't type. They
    just sat there on your desk and stared at you *but* you could pull their
    hair over their eyes so they couldn't even do that. Wheeeee!

    Jill

  12. jmcquown said:
    Muhammed said:

    America has really went downhill fast, hasn't it? When I first came
    to this country 11 years ago, it had potential.

    I think if you don't like the USA you should leave it. That's one great
    thing about "America"; no one is forcing you to stay or to think or to
    believe what you don't believe in.

    I don't understand why so many people say that if you dont like the way
    things are going here, leave. What's wrong with trying to change things
    for the better? Or is that un-American or something?

    Quoted message said:

    OB Food:

    Pork Tenderloin

    1-1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
    3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp. dried sage
    1/2 tsp. pepper

    Brush the pork tenderloin with the Dijon mustard and sprinkle all over with
    garlic, sage and pepper. Wrap in foil and bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes or
    until the pork is about 160F. Slice thinly, no more than 1 inch thick.
    Serve with roasted new potatoes.

    Jill

    yum!

    --

    saerah

    "Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
    disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
    -Baruch Spinoza

    "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
    what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
    and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There
    is another theory which states that this has already happened."
    -Douglas Adams

  13. sarah bennett said:
    jmcquown said:
    Muhammed said:

    America has really went downhill fast, hasn't it? When I first came
    to this country 11 years ago, it had potential.

    Muhammed,

    "Downhill," compared to what???

    It's NOT the country. When you first came to this country 11 years ago,
    YOU had potential. Ya lazy BUM!

    Imho,

    --
    Andy

  14. sarah bennett said:
    jmcquown said:
    Muhammed said:

    America has really went downhill fast, hasn't it? When I first came
    to this country 11 years ago, it had potential.

    I think if you don't like the USA you should leave it. That's one
    great thing about "America"; no one is forcing you to stay or to
    think or to believe what you don't believe in.

    I don't understand why so many people say that if you dont like the
    way things are going here, leave. What's wrong with trying to change
    things
    for the better? Or is that un-American or something?


    I just get sick of people criticizing the U.S. You don't hear people
    saying, "We moved to Mexico 10 years ago and it really sucks, it needs
    improvement." They just leave... to go where? To the U.S., of course.
    "Give me your tired, your poor... your huddled masses yearning to breathe
    free". Then they get here and [censored] and complain.

    First, become legalized citizens. Then register to Vote. That's the only
    way to change anything.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    OB Food:

    Pork Tenderloin

    1-1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
    3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp. dried sage
    1/2 tsp. pepper

    Brush the pork tenderloin with the Dijon mustard and sprinkle all
    over with garlic, sage and pepper. Wrap in foil and bake at 325F
    for 20-25 minutes or until the pork is about 160F. Slice thinly, no
    more than 1 inch thick. Serve with roasted new potatoes.

    Jill

    yum!

    Yep, very tasty!

  15. "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    "sarah bennett" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Nancy Young wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ? Because I don't like someone who has never posted here before
    under that name coming around with that kinda [censored]? Just
    looking for trouble and I don't like that.

    Quoted message said:

    So why argue? Seriously. Its not like the guy is wrong, even if
    he's trying to cause an arguement.

    *I* am not arguing, I'm telling the thing to get lost. Arguing is
    saying his opinion (if it even is his opinion) is wrong. I didn't
    say that. I said, take your troll and go home.

    Isn't that somewhat silly when you have no authority to enforce your
    wishes and the best course of action is simply to ignore him?

    --

    "Compassion is the chief law of human existence."

    Dostoevski, The Idiot

  16. jmcquown said:

    Pork Tenderloin

    1-1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
    3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp. dried sage
    1/2 tsp. pepper

    Brush the pork tenderloin with the Dijon mustard and sprinkle all over
    with
    garlic, sage and pepper. Wrap in foil and bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes
    or
    until the pork is about 160F. Slice thinly, no more than 1 inch thick.
    Serve with roasted new potatoes.

    Jill

    I like this recipe, thank you.
    Pan

    Quoted message said:


  17. Muhammed said:

    "itsjoannotjoann" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Muhammed said:

    "itsjoannotjoann" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    >
    > Don't let the backdoor of America hit you in the ass on your way home.
    > No one is making you stay here, feel free to leave any time. Why did
    > you feel the need to post this [censored] on this board.

    Because I am concerned for the country I now live in. Aren't you? If you
    are
    not concerned for the future, perhaps it is you who should leave, not I.

    If you are so concerned about what a mess this country is in why don't
    you do something to help instead of pointing out what is wrong? Why
    would you want to live here if you see so much that is wrong?

    You still did not answer my question as to why you posted this drivel
    on a cooking board. But trolls are like that, aren't they?

    Bye, Muumuuhead

    With people who have attitudes like yours, it is not difficult to see why
    America is losing its stature in the world.


    It is people like you who have fled your home country, instead of
    improving it. If you had gotten rid of Hussin after he gassed the
    thousands of Kurds, we would not be there.
    Go home fix your country's problems then we may listen.

    Now I wasted enough time on you troll.

  18. Michel Boucher said:

    Isn't pointing out what is wrong part of the process of change? If
    no one ever sees fault with the present, the future can never be
    different.

    Wasn't there a saying about pointing out the mote in someone else eye,
    and not noting the beam in one's own,

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Why would you want to live here if you see so much that
    is wrong?

    He may be forced to by the necessities of employment. That doesn't
    mean he has to like it.

    Now I sure he could get a job in his own country. But probably not at
    near as good of a living condition.

    Quoted message said:

    This is not a "cooking board", it is an unmoderated discussion group
    and the results of this being an unmoderated discussion group is that
    anyone can post whatever they want, including you. Your obligation,
    if you don't like something, is to ignore it. I suspect you didn't
    read the WebTV good behavior [sic] guide to newsgroups, which is
    unfortunate for you

    I agree with you here Michel, please remember this in the future

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    But trolls are like that, aren't they?

    Trolls? You don't even know what trolls are. Subjects you disagree
    with or are upset by are not trolls simply because of that. It's
    entirely possible that you are too thin-skinned to participate in
    Usenet discussions.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

    Read ye and be informèd.

  19. sarah bennett said:


    So why argue? Seriously. Its not like the guy is wrong, even if he's
    trying to cause an arguement.

    Well Sarah I do believe he is wrong. And he is trying to cause an
    argument. Which I have no objection to, but he is still a troll.
    And I will gladly argue with you, a regular member of this group.

  20. Muhammed said:

    When I first came to America, I drove a limousine for 2 years. I worked that
    job as well as other jobs and saved money so I could buy an automobile
    dealership. Today, I have 3 automobile dealerships. So I am very much rooted
    in this country. I cannot simply leave and go live somewhere else. I would
    prefer to stay and help improve this country.

    Some people would be inclined to think that your name really is Muhammed and
    that you really are disenchanted, while others dismiss you as a troll. I have to
    admit that you really have me confused. If you had said that you saved up enough
    to start up one automobile dealership in 11 years I would have believed you and
    thought that you might be of the few dealership owners who had time to post on
    usenet. But when you underestimated our BS detectors and claimed to have three
    dealerships, it became apparent that you name may well be Muhammed and you
    wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.