OT American cousins

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ian, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    My final word on the on going flame war, is that my anti American posts were just to serve the
    purpose of stressing Edvard Dullard out and are not representative of my true thoughts on my
    American cousins, I find you all a good bunch, even those Europeans are ok. Anyway gotta go, I have
    a chipmunk on the grill.

    Ian

    Tags:

  2. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > My final word on the on going flame war, is that my anti American posts were just to serve the
    > purpose of stressing Edvard Dullard out and are not

    I remember sending sending a msg once for the same purpose. I mean, when there is a big 'button'
    there, it is normal to want to push it.

    But while I don't agree with him, I don't believe it is accurate to call him a dullard. And it isn't
    up to your usual journalistic standards to play games with someone's name.

  3. On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:52:55 +0100, Ian <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My final word on the on going flame war, is that my anti American posts were just to serve the
    >purpose of stressing Edvard Dullard out and are not representative of my true thoughts on my
    >American cousins, I find you all a good bunch, even those Europeans are ok. Anyway gotta go, I have
    >a chipmunk on the grill.

    Mmmm.. Chipmunk.

    Are you burning peat moss today, or cow chips?

  4. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    Ian <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BB666087.D125%[email protected]>...

    > My final word on the on going flame war, is that my anti American posts were just to serve the
    > purpose of stressing Edvard Dullard out and are not representative of my true thoughts on my
    > American cousins, I find you all a good bunch, even those Europeans are ok. Anyway gotta go, I
    > have a chipmunk on the grill.

    A cop out to curry favor with his sycophant fellow liberal posters. He is ashamed of some of the
    things he has said. I may be wrong from time to time about some of the things I have said, but I am
    never ashamed. I make sure that I check my brain with my conscience before I post.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  5. Steve In Sc

    Steve In Sc Guest

    Ian <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BB666087.D125%[email protected]>...
    > My final word on the on going flame war, is that my anti American posts were just to serve the
    > purpose of stressing Edvard Dullard out and are not representative of my true thoughts on my
    > American cousins, I find you all a good bunch, even those Europeans are ok. Anyway gotta go, I
    > have a chipmunk on the grill.
    >
    > Ian

    Ian:

    You are undoubtedly aware that the play "Our American Cousins" was playing at the Ford theater the
    very night our beloved President Lincoln was assassinated!!! Need I remind you that this event was
    the climax to a civil war representing an extremely painful and troubling time in our country? Have
    any of the Yanks on this board taunted you in a similar manner concerning Oliver Cromwell and his
    curiously named Roundheads. I think not, sir! Oh, where is the spirit of compassion and common
    humanity on the far side of "the pond".

    Sorry, I could not resist the temptation to play the easily and deeply offended liberal for one time
    in my life. It has comfirmed my suspicions that one feels as much of a git writing this stuff as one
    does reading it. Please carry on.

  6. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Tom Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > "GeoB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > My final word on the on going flame war, is that my anti American posts
    > were
    > > > just to serve the purpose of stressing Edvard Dullard out and are not
    > >
    > > I remember sending sending a msg once for the same purpose. I mean, when there is a big 'button'
    > > there, it is normal to want to push it.
    > >
    > > But while I don't agree with him, I don't believe it is accurate to call him a dullard. And it
    > > isn't up to your usual journalistic standards to play games with someone's name.
    >
    > Agreed. I've been guilty of baiting the hook too, but it's time to get back to bikes. Mudwrestling
    > with a pig just gets me dirty too, and the pig enjoys it too much.
    >
    > Tom Thompson

    Just don't say incredibly stupid and vile things about our great President Bush and the courageous
    Prime Minister Blair and I will leave you in peace to pursue your hobby. My only interest is to see
    that things here on ARBR of a political nature are not constantly one-sided and hence unfair. But so
    often the commentary is not just one-sided and unfair but, like I have said before, just plain
    incredibly stupid and vile. The only pigs in all of this are the treasonous liberal extremist
    left-wing wacko nuts. Just observe their little political jokes and bits of humor and you will see
    what I mean. It appears to me that both TT and Ian come from Middle Eastern ancestry and most likely
    hate America for that reason alone. I say it is high time to be doing some hating back. Those
    Americans who will not stand up for America and defend her are beneath contempt.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  7. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Steve in SC must be edykated coz e writed:

    > Ian:
    >
    > You are undoubtedly aware that the play "Our American Cousins" was playing at the Ford theater the
    > very night our beloved President Lincoln was assassinated!!! Need I remind you that this event was
    > the climax to a civil war representing an extremely painful and troubling time in our country?
    > Have any of the Yanks on this board taunted you in a similar manner concerning Oliver Cromwell and
    > his curiously named Roundheads. I think not, sir! Oh, where is the spirit of compassion and common
    > humanity on the far side of "the pond".
    >
    > Sorry, I could not resist the temptation to play the easily and deeply offended liberal for one
    > time in my life. It has comfirmed my suspicions that one feels as much of a git writing this stuff
    > as one does reading it. Please carry on.
    You leave Uncle Ollie alone you scoundrel you!
    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  8. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    [email protected] (~Lorenzo_Bello~) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Edward Dolan wrote: Just don't say incredibly stupid and vile things about our great President
    > > Bush and the courageous Prime Minister Blair and I will leave you in peace to pursue your hobby.
    >
    > This man is sounding very much like the peoples who in my country let the Il Duce doing whatever
    > he want, alike with the germans and hitler.
    >
    > In the history and now poor peoples and famers from in the country and city workers always the
    > first to give the support to war like leaders even the ones who take from them the money and make
    > the rich friends have more. It is the same here with Berlustronzi.
    >
    > (The word we call him some times in my friends which makes his name into shit.)
    >
    > Testacavalo Lorenzo Lazio (that so Mr. Dolan can know how proper to say bad things to this person
    > not from America)

    I am not aware that I am saying any bad things to anyone except to those who are just begging for it
    by their rudeness and boorish behavior which is evident in their posts on this newsgroup. Why is it
    that liberal extremists feel free to say any fool thing they please and then take exception when a
    conservative throws it back in their face. Do you Italians have an expression for "tit for tat"?
    That is all I am doing.

    We here in America do not have a tyrannical form of government that you Italians and Germans had
    just prior to the advent of WWII. We have a freely elected government which can easily be replaced
    in the next election. The liberal Dems know they do not have a chance of defeating Bush and so they
    viscously attack him on anything and everything for the purpose of discrediting him. However, it is
    the liberal Dems who have been discredited by their shameful stance on the Iraq war and their total
    bankruptcy on all issues that matter to the American people. They are not use to being out of power
    and they will do and say anything to get back in power.

    By the way, we Americans very much appreciated Italy's support for our effort in Iraq along with the
    support that we received from Spain. I no longer consider France to be an ally of the US or, indeed,
    even a civilized country worthy to be part of the West. They are a race of ingrates, hypocrites and
    treacherous SOB's.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  9. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    [email protected] (Steve in SC) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > You are undoubtedly aware that the play "Our American Cousins" was playing at the Ford theater the
    > very night our beloved President Lincoln was assassinated!!! Need I remind you that this event was
    > the climax to a civil war representing an extremely painful and troubling time in our country?
    > Have any of the Yanks on this board taunted you in a similar manner concerning Oliver Cromwell and
    > his curiously named Roundheads. I think not, sir! Oh, where is the spirit of compassion and common
    > humanity on the far side of "the pond".
    >
    > Sorry, I could not resist the temptation to play the easily and deeply offended liberal for one
    > time in my life. It has comfirmed my suspicions that one feels as much of a git writing this stuff
    > as one does reading it. Please carry on.

    You first paragraph is a near masterpiece but way too kind and gentle. You must strive for a spirit
    of meanness in order to get on the same level as our liberal extremist adversaries. Politeness is
    wasted on them.

    As to your second paragraph, I have never heard of an "offended liberal". On the contrary, it is
    they who think they have a God given right to give offense and that we conservatives are bound to
    sit back and have the good sense not to object. They have been dishing out their garbage long
    enough and it is high time that it was thrown back in their faces. That is the only thing they take
    offense at.

    Carry on.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  10. cycler68

    cycler68 Guest

    On 19 Aug 2003 18:47:20 -0700, [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote:

    > I no longer consider France to be an ally of the US or, indeed, even a civilized country worthy to
    > be part of the West. They are a race of ingrates, hypocrites and treacherous SOB's.
    >
    >Ed Dolan - Minnesota

    I do hope this means that you won't be partaking of French wine or pastries so that I can have
    your share.

    I might have to ride a bit more to take off the extra weight though.

    David GRR & TE rider

  11. "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > We here in America do not have a tyrannical form of government that you Italians and Germans had
    > just prior to the advent of WWII.

    Depending on your ethnicity and your political beliefs.

    > We have a freely elected government which can easily be replaced in the next election.

    As long as the running mate doesn't have a brother of a key state withhold the votes of thousands
    of democrat voting black people, and the Supreme Court that has been placed there by the father and
    other idiot right wing predecessors of said running mate doesn't disallow the usually decreed by
    law recount.

    > The liberal Dems know they do not have a chance of defeating Bush

    Not with the unsurpassable monetary backing of huge corporate monsters with nary a concern for the
    true welfare of the people of this country let alone the rest of the world or the environment.

    > and so they viscously attack him on anything and everything for the purpose of discrediting him.

    He and those he puppets for need nothing other than a partial recount of their deeds of any single
    day of their administration to be described as vicious thugs.

    > However, it is the liberal Dems who have been discredited by their shameful stance on the Iraq war
    > and their total bankruptcy on all issues that matter to the American people.

    True.

    > They are not use to being out of power and they will do and say anything to get back in power.

    Including freezing like rabbits in the headlights of the oncoming train of evil perpetuated by the
    current administration.

    > By the way, we Americans very much appreciated Italy's support for our effort in Iraq along with
    > the support that we received from Spain. I no longer consider France to be an ally of the US or,
    > indeed, even a civilized country worthy to be part of the West. They are a race of ingrates,
    > hypocrites and treacherous SOB's.

    You are demonstrating the principle that one's perceptions are often based on their own state of
    consciousness.

    > Ed Dolan - Minnesota

    You've got a coupla good points.

  12. Ian

    Ian Guest

    [email protected] must be edykated coz e writed:

    > On 19 Aug 2003 18:47:20 -0700, [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote:
    >

    >> I no longer consider France to be an ally of the US or, indeed, even a civilized country worthy
    >> to be part of the West. They are a race of ingrates, hypocrites and treacherous SOB's.
    >>
    >> Ed Dolan - Minnesota
    >
    > I do hope this means that you won't be partaking of French wine or pastries so that I can have
    > your share.
    >
    > I might have to ride a bit more to take off the extra weight though.
    >
    > David GRR & TE rider

    Better quit recumbents too, French invention after all, is he still going on? The newsgroup looks so
    much better with my kill file operating.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  13. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "ride your bike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    > > We here in America do not have a tyrannical form of government that you Italians and Germans had
    > > just prior to the advent of WWII.
    >
    > Depending on your ethnicity and your political beliefs.

    You and yours won't thrown into concentration camps and executed were you? (Nota bene: I absolutely
    did not mention Hitler and the Nazis.)

    > > We have a freely elected government which can easily be replaced in the next election.
    >
    > As long as the running mate doesn't have a brother of a key state withhold the votes of thousands
    > of democrat voting black people, and the Supreme Court that has been placed there by the father
    > and other idiot right wing predecessors of said running mate doesn't disallow the usually decreed
    > by law recount.

    The Dems lost fair and square but they are never going to get over it. The question you need to ask
    yourself is why Gore did not carry his own state of Tennessee. Other Dem jackasses who run for
    president generally manage to carry their home state.

    > > The liberal Dems know they do not have a chance of defeating Bush
    >
    > Not with the unsurpassable monetary backing of huge corporate monsters with nary a concern for the
    > true welfare of the people of this country let alone the rest of the world or the environment.

    Money is the mother's milk of politics. What is the problem here. Can't Jesse Jackson extort enough
    money to get you and yours into the White House?

    > > and so they viscously attack him on anything and everything for the purpose of discrediting him.
    >
    > He and those he puppets for need nothing other than a partial recount of their deeds of any single
    > day of their administration to be described as vicious thugs.

    Details please? And don't hold back. I really want to know what is on your mind.

    > > However, it is the liberal Dems who have been discredited by their shameful stance on the Iraq
    > > war and their total bankruptcy on all issues that matter to the American people.
    >
    > True.

    You need to get your own political party if you don't even like the Dems, a group of scoundrels who
    have been pandering for the race and ethnic vote like forever.

    > > They are not use to being out of power and they will do and say anything to get back in power.
    >
    > Including freezing like rabbits in the headlights of the oncoming train of evil perpetuated by the
    > current administration.

    So who do you like? You can't defeat somebody with nobody you know.

    > > By the way, we Americans very much appreciated Italy's support for our effort in Iraq along with
    > > the support that we received from Spain. I no longer consider France to be an ally of the US or,
    > > indeed, even a civilized country worthy to be part of the West. They are a race of ingrates,
    > > hypocrites and treacherous SOB's.
    > >

    > You are demonstrating the principle that one's perceptions are often based on their own state of
    > consciousness.

    Thank you. You are being too kind. I am just a natural genius I guess. I take no credit for it. I
    was born this way.

    > > Ed Dolan - Minnesota
    >
    > You've got a coupla good points.

    Only a couple? I thought I had a few more good points than that. I think you had maybe one good
    point. But I won't tell you what it was either.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  14. Edward Dolan wrote:
    > The liberal Dems know they do not have a chance of defeating Bush and so they viscously attack him
    > on anything and everything for the purpose of discrediting him.

    viscous:

    1. [adj] having the properties of glue
    2. [adj] having a relatively high resistance to flow

    I'd pay good money to see /that/.

    The Random Dispenser Of Pedantries Applied Linguistics Department Leicester Institute Of
    Brick-Throwing

  15. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:37:13 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Leicester Institute Of Brick-Throwing

    Was their football team known as "The Masons"?

    Oops, that opens up a whole 'nother can 'o worms, not?

    Regards,

    Tony

  16. "Tony" skrev

    > >Leicester Institute Of Brick-Throwing
    >
    > Was their football team known as "The Masons"?
    >
    > Oops, that opens up a whole 'nother can 'o worms, not?

    I guess the freemasons would be mortarly insulted. Are there any caged masons btw? Free mason seem
    to imply that some are living in captivity. (dies)

    M.

  17. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 19 Aug 2003 18:47:20 -0700, [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote:

    >I am not aware that I am saying any bad things to anyone except to those who are just begging for
    >it by their rudeness and boorish behavior [...] I no longer consider France to be an ally of the US
    >or, indeed, even a civilized country worthy to be part of the West. They are a race of ingrates,
    >hypocrites and treacherous SOB's.

    What a rude, boorish statement.

    >We here in America [...] have a freely elected government which can easily be replaced in the next
    >election.

    Provided the owners of the elctronic voting machines allow it, of course.

    >The liberal Dems know they do not have a chance of defeating Bush and so they viscously attack him
    >on anything and everything for the purpose of discrediting him.

    LOL! No attacks needed, he does a perfectly respectable job of discrediting himself :-D

    Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com New!
    Improved!! Now with added extra Demon!

  18. Harv

    Harv Guest

    I added him and the object of his syncophantic adoration to the schmuck filter. Glad I don't listen
    to minnysoda ya hey dere a.m. late night talk radio, which would be a likely place for Eddy and his
    sharply honed sense of irony and sarcasm to hang out. I'd probably wear out the off switch. "Ian"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB68ECC7.D5A5%[email protected]...
    > [email protected] must be edykated coz e writed:
    >
    > > On 19 Aug 2003 18:47:20 -0700, [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote:
    > >

    > >> I no longer consider France to be an ally of the US or, indeed, even a civilized country worthy
    > >> to be part of the West. They are a race of ingrates, hypocrites and treacherous SOB's.
    > >>
    > >> Ed Dolan - Minnesota
    > >
    > > I do hope this means that you won't be partaking of French wine or pastries so that I can have
    > > your share.
    > >
    > > I might have to ride a bit more to take off the extra weight though.
    > >
    > > David GRR & TE rider
    > >
    > Better quit recumbents too, French invention after all, is he still going on? The newsgroup looks
    > so much better with my kill file operating.
    >
    > --
    > Ian
    >
    > http://www.catrike.co.uk

    http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19
    East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  19. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    > On 19 Aug 2003 18:47:20 -0700, [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote:
    >
    > >I am not aware that I am saying any bad things to anyone except to those who are just begging for
    > >it by their rudeness and boorish behavior [...] I no longer consider France to be an ally of the
    > >US or, indeed, even a civilized country worthy to be part of the West. They are a race of
    > >ingrates, hypocrites and treacherous SOB's.
    >
    > What a rude, boorish statement.

    No, the French are a rude and boorish people, at least if they can be judged by their despicable
    government, and so I am just telling it like it is. They lost their claim to be civilized when they
    went along and stood beside the Iraqi tyrant against the interests of the free world for the sake of
    their abominable commerce with him.

    > >We here in America [...] have a freely elected government which can easily be replaced in the
    > >next election.
    >
    > Provided the owners of the elctronic voting machines allow it, of course.

    At least you and Mr. Sherman are on the same page on this.

    > >The liberal Dems know they do not have a chance of defeating Bush and so they viscously attack
    > >him on anything and everything for the purpose of discrediting him.
    >
    > LOL! No attacks needed, he does a perfectly respectable job of discrediting himself :-D

    He will win reelection by a landslide, most especially if the Dems are idiotic enough to go with
    Dean. I see another McGovern fiasco in the making.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  20. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    > > The liberal Dems know they do not have a chance of defeating Bush and so they viscously attack
    > > him on anything and everything for the purpose of discrediting him.
    >
    > viscous:
    >
    > 1. [adj] having the properties of glue
    > 2. [adj] having a relatively high resistance to flow
    >
    > I'd pay good money to see /that/.

    My Spell Check strikes again!

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota