OT: Announcement

In article <[email protected]>,
"Dancing Queen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> congrat. you'd better hope on over to misc.kids.pregnancy although i see
> this is your fifth, so i guess you know it all by now!

Almost. :) misc.kids.pregnancy was always too volatile for me. :)

> chris (mum of 3 boys!)

We have three boys and a girl, this one is probably a girl, too, but
we're working on a boys' name just in case. We have a girls' name, but
no middle name, and we have about three boys' names and no middle name
for a boy either.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> OMG, Ranee!! Put away those shoes!! Or are you adopting this one (say
> yes!) Congratulations!

Oh, Barb, we've already moved on to a new pair! ;)

We actually want to adopt, though it seems like that door is closing.
Rich is still hoping that everything will work out so that we adopt
number six.

Ranee Mueller <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > OMG, Ranee!! Put away those shoes!! Or are you adopting this one (say
> > yes!) Congratulations!

> Oh, Barb, we've already moved on to a new pair! ;)

I'm not surprised! Those little red (or were they blue?) CFM slingbacks
must be about worn out. "-)

> We actually want to adopt, though it seems like that door is closing.
> Rich is still hoping that everything will work out so that we adopt
> number six.

There are so many kids who need homes, you wouldn't think it would be so
tough to do. :-(
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

In article <[email protected]>,
Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Ranee Mueller <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > OMG, Ranee!! Put away those shoes!! Or are you adopting this one (say
> > > yes!) Congratulations!

> > Oh, Barb, we've already moved on to a new pair! ;)

> I'm not surprised! Those little red (or were they blue?) CFM slingbacks
> must be about worn out. "-)

Blue. :)

> > We actually want to adopt, though it seems like that door is closing.
> > Rich is still hoping that everything will work out so that we adopt
> > number six.

> There are so many kids who need homes, you wouldn't think it would be so
> tough to do. :-(

It's been quite frustrating. There are some other avenues that would
be quicker and easier, but we have some reservations about them because
of having other children already. Our kids' godparents did the foster
care to adoption route, and we've thought about that also.

Ranee Mueller wrote:
> Our family will be growing again this year. We are very excited, and
> cannot wait to welcome to new addition.

Ranee,

Congratulations! Let's see... Ranee cooks, she knits, she takes care of
children, she writes... everything but sleep, sounds like to me. Now,
remind me, please... how many kiddos is that now? And when's the due
date?

P.S. I love both of your blogs. :)

Karen MacInerney
Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur, and culinary mystery author
www.karenmacinerney.com

In article <[email protected]>,
Ranee Mueller <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Ranee Mueller <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Oh, Barb, we've already moved on to a new pair! ;)

> > I'm not surprised! Those little red (or were they blue?) CFM slingbacks
> > must be about worn out. "-)

> Blue. :)

See? I was thinking that the traditionally- red CFM shoes were blue.
Maybe I'm not losing my mind after all. :)

> > > We actually want to adopt, though it seems like that door is closing.
> > > Rich is still hoping that everything will work out so that we adopt
> > > number six.

> > There are so many kids who need homes, you wouldn't think it would be so
> > tough to do. :-(

> It's been quite frustrating. There are some other avenues that would
> be quicker and easier, but we have some reservations about them because
> of having other children already. Our kids' godparents did the foster
> care to adoption route, and we've thought about that also.

It's a tough place. And it's very frequently the kids who are the most
unloveable who need love the most. Beck & WhatshisnamehisnameisJamie
did foster parenting for a while (lots of corrections-business folks do
it, apparently). They were (and could be selective) careful of the
children they parented. Things went well enough for a while -- until
the found out he (the first one) was bringing a couple classmates home
from school at lunch time and selling them alcohol from the kids'
cupboards. HE didn't drink -- he just had an entrepreneurial spirit.
"Everybody needs a job." Little bugger. I think she kind of kept up
on his whereabouts and situation for a while -- and he wasn't making any
forward progress. :-( I'm always amazed at her resilience in the
work she does. She has a clear understanding that she can't save all
the starfish, but she HAS saved some. That's when I think of my motto
when people ask about my canning/ribbons history: There's nothing like
success to encourage a person. :)
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:27:32 -0800, Ranee Mueller
<[email protected]> connected the dots and wrote:

~ Our family will be growing again this year. We are very excited,
and
~cannot wait to welcome to new addition.
~

May you be delivered in a good time, and good health to all.
Never mind the last post--I see now that I was wrong and you do have a
daughter to be concerned about slow dancing.:)

maxine in ri

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:51:46 -0800, Ranee Mueller
<[email protected]> connected the dots and wrote:

~ It's been quite frustrating. There are some other avenues that
would
~be quicker and easier, but we have some reservations about them
because
~of having other children already. Our kids' godparents did the
foster
~care to adoption route, and we've thought about that also.
~
~ Regards,
~ Ranee

I know several families who have fostered and then adopted. One was 3
at the time they first took him home, and the other family took in an
8 year old. Both families had older children (7&10, and 14&16).

The latter family needed to be more structured, since the child had
had experiences with several previous foster families, and
boomeranging back and forth to the birth Mom. But both children are
doing fine and are great kids.

A third family fostered, and adopted, then started having breeding. I
don't know if it was having a child at home that relaxed things, or if
there was medical intervention, but again, with structured home life,
and time, things have worked out well there also.

From all you've written over the years, it sure sounds like your
family has what it takes to make it work for a kid who's looking for a
great family.

maxine in ri

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> There are so many kids who need homes, you wouldn't think it would be so
> tough to do. :-(
> --

It's not if you are open to any race. It's just relatively expensive,
unless you adopt from the state. Then, it is free or nearly free. But
then you have to be open to older kids and/or special needs. Of course
you have to qualify financially, and otherwise.
-L.

In article <[email protected]>,
"-L." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > There are so many kids who need homes, you wouldn't think it would be so
> > tough to do. :-(
> > --

> It's not if you are open to any race. It's just relatively expensive,
> unless you adopt from the state. Then, it is free or nearly free. But
> then you have to be open to older kids and/or special needs. Of course
> you have to qualify financially, and otherwise.
> -L.

Complicated for sure. A friend in Washington state adopted her son's
daughter - a crack baby - and gets money from the state (I believe it's
the state) for doing so.
--

Ranee Mueller wrote:
> Our family will be growing again this year. We are very excited, and
> cannot wait to welcome to new addition.

Congratulations, Ranee! Pretty soon, you're going to have your own
little baseball team! More kids in the future, or are five enough?

Wishing you a happy and uneventful pregnancy and a happy, healthy
child.

Carol

In article <[email protected]>,
"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ranee Mueller wrote:
> > Our family will be growing again this year. We are very excited, and
> > cannot wait to welcome to new addition.

> Congratulations, Ranee! Pretty soon, you're going to have your own
> little baseball team! More kids in the future, or are five enough?
>
> Wishing you a happy and uneventful pregnancy and a happy, healthy
> child.
>
> Carol

This one came thru too Dams'!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> Complicated for sure. A friend in Washington state adopted her son's
> daughter - a crack baby - and gets money from the state (I believe it's
> the state) for doing so.

Considering we have about six different nationalities and possibly
three races represented in our home, we're pretty open to any race or
ethnicity. It still isn't as easy as you'd think. There aren't as many
kids available for adoption as people think, even when you are willing
to take in older kids (which we are). If you go overseas, there are a
lot of kids available, the complication there is the cost and time, and
also two nation's worth of laws with which to comply. Our kids'
godparents who adopted through the foster care system had to wait over
four years before a child was sent to them that was even eligible for
adoption (since the goal is to get these kids back home with their birth
parents). It took about a year and a half after that to finalize the
adoption process, partly because they kept changing the case worker on
them.

"Karen MacInerney" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Congratulations! Let's see... Ranee cooks, she knits, she takes care of
> children, she writes... everything but sleep, sounds like to me. Now,
> remind me, please... how many kiddos is that now? And when's the due
> date?

This baby makes five, and is due sometime in September, the middle,
but will be delivered either the end of August or the beginning of
September. I do sleep, but not as much as I should. :)

> P.S. I love both of your blogs. :)

Thank you. I've been waiting to read your new book.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Congratulations, Ranee! Pretty soon, you're going to have your own
> little baseball team! More kids in the future, or are five enough?

We're very open to having more, we still want to adopt, so we'll see.
I was much more against having more children at three than at four.
Going from one on one to being outnumbered was tough, but now we could
have a dozen. Not that that is the plan, mind you, but we are very open
to life in our family.

> Wishing you a happy and uneventful pregnancy and a happy, healthy
> child.

Thank you!

Ranee Mueller wrote:

> Considering we have about six different nationalities and possibly
> three races represented in our home, we're pretty open to any race or
> ethnicity. It still isn't as easy as you'd think. There aren't as many
> kids available for adoption as people think, even when you are willing
> to take in older kids (which we are).

That's a blatant lie. From adoptioninstitute.org:

"Nearly One Quarter of Foster Care Children Are Waiting for Adoptive
Families

In 1999, the latest year for which totals have been finalized, there
were about 581,000 children in foster care in the United States.[1]
Twenty-two percent of these children -- about 127,000 kids -- were
available for adoption.[2] "

127,000 kids is a lot of kids.

In 2003 the state of Washington placed over 1200 children in permanent
homes, and they state "more children (are) awaiting adoptive homes".
http://www1.dshs.wa.gov/ca/adopt/index.asp

There are plenty of children available in your state.

> If you go overseas, there are a
> lot of kids available, the complication there is the cost and time, and
> also two nation's worth of laws with which to comply.

Thousands of people do it every day. It's not complicated. It's just
expensive. Adoption from Korea or China takes on average about 18
months, some S. American countries are a bit quicker.

>Our kids'
> godparents who adopted through the foster care system had to wait over
> four years before a child was sent to them that was even eligible for
> adoption (since the goal is to get these kids back home with their birth
> parents).

They must have specified age, race, or some other dynamic - like
non-special needs. There are thousands of children waiting to be
placed, particularly special-needs children, older children and
children of color. many children are available immediately - these are
children whose parents have relinquished them at birth, are in jail, or
other institutions.

> It took about a year and a half after that to finalize the
> adoption process, partly because they kept changing the case worker on
> them.

Finalaization always takes a minimum of 6 months because that is the
waiting period in most states - the norm is a year or more.

> Regards,
> Ranee

You have been bellowing about your "plans to adopt" for at least 4
years now. The truth is, you know nothing about adoption as your post
has clearly demonstrated.

>From the time we signed with our agency until the day we were chosen by

his Birthmother, we waited exactly 7 months 3 weeks for our son - and
that includes the homestudy, and all qualifications being met,
including interstate compact paperwork. We were offered our first
placement in three months after signing with our agency; our friends
were placed with their son within three weeks. The adoption agencies
cannot find enough homes for African American infants- so much so that
they charge less for them.

Why don't you stick to something you know about because it's abundantly
clear you know nothing about adoption and have no plans to do it. You
simply use it to justify your continuous breeding. For Earth's sake:
learn to use a condom. The world has quite enough "little miracles"
without breeding more.

-L.